Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Bioshock Infinite - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Frictional Games (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: Bioshock Infinite (/thread-18899.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

RE: MY BODY IS READY - CorinthianMerchant - 12-13-2012

(12-13-2012, 07:56 AM)kartanonperuna Wrote:
(12-12-2012, 11:01 PM)Danny Boy Wrote: How about the next Frictional game's project has the freaking Swedish flag shoved right up its ass saying how magnificent their country is as if it is the main puzzle piece to understand the Life as we know it!?
Holy SHIT that would be terrible!I mean,a god damn NIGHTMARE!

Silence, you devilish finnlander!!! You people should join the magnificent and phantasmagoric nation that is Sweden!!!!!
Du gamla, Du fria, Du fjällhöga nord
Du tysta, Du glädjerika sköna!

(12-12-2012, 09:24 PM)kartanonperuna Wrote: Plus...too much 'murica.
You can say "too much objectivism and art d'eco" about Rapture.

RE: MY BODY IS READY - the dark side - 12-13-2012

Am i allowed to go back to predicting that this game is going to flop now?, i told you months ago it would anger the classic fans, and from what i have seen, it seems to have done exactly that... sorry flamers, the eyes dont lie!

i liked the objectivism about rapture personally. as it gave me a really strong reason for wanting to kill ryan, very, very slowly,. as he represented something i hate, a total abandonment of god and morals. plus, the art d'eco style looks FABULOUS to me, so well, the more of it the better as far as i am concerned, i dont care if its poirot, bioshock, or Batman: The Animated Series, the more art d'eco the better.

i will admit Infinate looks to be sicekeningly over american in my view as well, satirical or not, its still way too over the top, look, if i want the stars and stripes flung at me every 20 seconds as part of some brainwashing subliminals, ill watch a Reagan era Hollywood action movie, because they are at least damn good fun. Infinate just looks another boring copy-paste dumbed down MMS to me personally (health regen, 2 gun limit, constant controll hints, waypoints all over the place, constant checkpoints, ADS,... at least they locked the crosshairs thank god), a type of game i dont enjoy at all because i hate being patronised. i bet that is why its so "murican" Levine has openly said on eurogamer he wants casual gamers to buy it, so hes probably made it so over "murican" to get all the "USARULEZ! byte me u commie!" xboxlive fratboys to put codzombiez down for 3 seconds to look at his game, not gonna happen, hope you like soup kitchens ken, because, thats were your gonna end up i think. rockstar wants to shut 2k down as its had 4 flops in a row, infinate flops 2, and you can guaranteee they will do just that and fire all the developers.

thats my biggest issue, Bioshock 1 had the kind of gameplay i love (doom style fps gameplay core spiced up with pretty advanced RPG elements) but irrational has instead sold out for infinate and replaced it with a core gameplay style that i cannot stand and serioulsy dumbed down the RPG elements to try and atteract casual gamers, who wont even bother to pick the game up anyway no matter how "murican" the box art is (designed to attract casual gamers, levine openly said so on eurogamer) because it doeasnt have one of THREE golden MMS franchise names on it. theyve betrayed me for a market who will ignore them! that really grinds my gears.

one day, someone is going to make a game were the americans are shown as the power mad, bloodthirsty, warmongering a-holes they are and have it up to the British to stop them. the sooner the better i say.

RE: MY BODY IS READY - CorinthianMerchant - 12-13-2012

And the difference from the points you made earlier is..?

RE: MY BODY IS READY - Danny Boy - 12-13-2012

(12-13-2012, 04:38 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote: Silence, you devilish finnlander!!! You people should join the magnificent and phantasmagoric nation that is Sweden!!!!!
Gibberish
I'm Portuguese.

RE: MY BODY IS READY - the dark side - 12-13-2012

@corinthean. none at all, and i will keep making the points too. because of the simple fact is, they are pertinant. they explain why the game is probably going to bomb (remember, i have a degree in business and marketing) and i am sick of unenlightened people saying "its gonna rock" when every bit of my education is telling me the total opposite. you might think it rocks, but if the sales fiqures say otherwise, irrational is gonna join eurocom on the soup que, and like eurocom, they will DESERVE it. one persons opinion does not rule the world, unless your in a carribean dictatorship, its the opinion of the majority, the games sales and metacritic score, and trust me, from the reactions ive seen from fans and on sites tell me "the game is going to be a disaster" and i will keep making that point so it dissaudes people from purchasing the game, and convinces them to RENT it instead, so they only waster 5 dollars on it instead of 60. basically, i am just trying to save people MONEY so they can spend it on a decent game. something infinate doesnt look even slightly like. too modern, to patronzing, too "casual focussed", too Murican (and this is from someone who loves Reagan era Action movies!), all things that tell me "the game is crap".

also, im bored, i cant find any decent threads that interest me, and well, now some others are expressing concerns that got me flamed, without getting ignited themselves i want to come back and re-iterate them again so i can actually talk about my concerns as to why i think infinate is going to suck without getting broiled into a human stew by a bunch of over-zelous fans who were sadly unprepared to accept the fact levine has sold them out.

RE: MY BODY IS READY - CorinthianMerchant - 12-14-2012

(12-13-2012, 09:55 PM)Danny Boy Wrote:
(12-13-2012, 04:38 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote: Silence, you devilish finnlander!!! You people should join the magnificent and phantasmagoric nation that is Sweden!!!!!
Gibberish
I'm Portuguese.
I was speaking to kartan...
ALSO THAT "GIBBERISH" IS SWEDEN'S ANTHEM!!! I'LL HAVE YOUR HEAD FOR THIS!!!!!

RE: MY BODY IS READY - Danny Boy - 12-14-2012

I for one. Would actually want to see that happen.

RE: MY BODY IS READY - CorinthianMerchant - 01-07-2013

Garry Schyman confimed Bioshock Infinite in Ken Levine Reddit AMA!!!

RE: MY BODY IS READY - Zaffre - 01-07-2013

Hey Dark Side. We KNOW the game is advertising America like a commercial for a fast food place. We KNOW that you don't like it.

That's no reason to post your hatred of AAA shooters and American shooters every single fucking post you make on this forum.

RE: MY BODY IS READY - CorinthianMerchant - 01-07-2013

(01-07-2013, 04:56 PM)Zaffre Wrote: Hey Dark Side. We KNOW the game is advertising America like a commercial for a fast food place. We KNOW that you don't like it.

That's no reason to post your hatred of AAA shooters and American shooters every single fucking post you make on this forum.

YESPLEASETHANKYOU!!!

Also...