Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Please check the troubleshooting guides before posting! - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Technical Support (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-57.html)
+--- Forum: Technical Support - Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-31.html)
+--- Thread: Please check the troubleshooting guides before posting! (/thread-19010.html)

Pages: 1 2

Please check the troubleshooting guides before posting! - danieltak - 10-31-2012

when I start the game, new game, I get a dot to see in my screen. Probably one point which way you look, and for the rest, I see black. How can this be? And what should I do?

RE: Please check the troubleshooting guides before posting! - Kreekakon - 10-31-2012

Where did you get the game? What are your system specs (Graphics, CPUS, etc)? Also, can you post the hpl log in "My Documents"'s Amnesia folder?

RE: Please check the troubleshooting guides before posting! - danieltak - 10-31-2012

(10-31-2012, 05:42 PM)Kreekakon Wrote: Where did you get the game? What are your system specs (Graphics, CPUS, etc)? Also, can you post the hpl log in "My Documents"'s Amnesia folder?
First, i can't find the My Document's folder. Second the specs:

[Image: 2natudl.png] Sorry for the dutch.

RE: Please check the troubleshooting guides before posting! - Kreekakon - 10-31-2012

Well, you have more than enough ram, and CPU power, but what's your graphics card model?

Also the default location for the hpl log you're looking for is here:
C:\Users\WIN7\Documents\Amnesia\Main

RE: Please check the troubleshooting guides before posting! - Statyk - 10-31-2012

Can you state where you got the game from as well?

RE: Please check the troubleshooting guides before posting! - TheBlastPassage - 10-31-2012

Also. Please attach your HPL.log file found in your documents\Amnesia\Main

RE: Please check the troubleshooting guides before posting! - danieltak - 10-31-2012

This all what i can do for you now. And Statyk what do you mean? When i start new game, he is talking about he is daniel. And than starts the game. And thats all. I see a white Dot. Thats it. And the rest i black :p

Edit: I find it

And i can play more games with the most high details. But dondt know what Graphics card i got. I think it is OPEN GL?

Statyk means where you bought the game. Steam? Frictional Games store? Retail? Humble Bundle? Where did you get it?

Also, I gave you the path for the hpl log in my previous post above. Please post that out, and it would help us greatly in trying to assist you.

Got it from a retail by friend.

RE: Please check the troubleshooting guides before posting! - TheBlastPassage - 10-31-2012

Try launching with slightly lower settings. Try turning SSAO and/or WorldSmooth off (I think it's called worldsmooth) See if that helps. If you can, update graphics drivers. And also like kreekakon said, let us know where you got the game