Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
The Starcraft Thread - SPOILERS for Heart of the Swarm inside - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Frictional Games (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: The Starcraft Thread - SPOILERS for Heart of the Swarm inside (/thread-19247.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

The Starcraft Thread - SPOILERS for Heart of the Swarm inside - Kreekakon - 11-16-2012

Yah, I thought I'd make this thread to act as a nice little corner for all us Starcraft fans over here.

So in this thread, just talk anything that has to do with Starcraft. ANYTHING! Be it ladder, ranking, the pro-scene, single-player campaign, Brood War, anything can go here as long as its Starcraft related. It'd also be great if we could exchange tactics on the game as well!

So here's a bit of bio on me in Starcraft 2: I currently play Zerg on the Korean/Taiwan server, and am ranked in high-silver on the ladder. I've been having a bit of problem crawling out of Silver recently mostly owing to the fact that my high-end mouse broke down recently, and I've yet to replace it, so I've been using a standard work-mouse which heavily hampers my APM, and precision.

So that's it about me, let's hear about any players out there! If you can't figure out where to begin, you can start by naimng your preferred race, and ladder ranking if you play it!

RE: The Starcraft Thread - JMFStorm - 11-16-2012

I'm a high ranked Platinum Zerg on european server. Apm is 120-150, but my decision making is very bad Sad
I just recently started playing DOTA 2 and haven't played SC2 for a while, but still watch a lot of pro-plays and tournaments from TwitchTV. Favourite pro-players: Dragon, Idra, Sheth, Destiny, Stephano & TLO.

RE: The Starcraft Thread - Kreekakon - 11-16-2012

My macro, and decision making are okay in my opinion, but my micro is quite horrible. I usually average around 80 APM which plays a large factor in my bad micro. So I usually avoid getting Infestors most of the time unless they'd be a absolutely wicked tech choice in the game in question

RE: The Starcraft Thread - Zaffre - 11-16-2012

I used to play StarCraft II but then I took a zerg rush to the command center formatted my computer so I have yet to reinstall it. Last time I played was around January so I'll probably won't be very high ranked. I also managed to forget my password, and I lost my CD in a recent move so I'm saving up to get another copy.

RE: The Starcraft Thread - Rapture - 11-16-2012

Did anyone use to play the SC1 RP maps, or Bounds or RPGs? It's been like 7+ years since I've played it, and I think the last time I logged on was 4 or 5 years ago and every Multiplayer game was 9,000+ latency and chock full of asians.

Cat & Mouse
Cat & Rat
A Hero's Path RPG
RP maps (Their were some freaking awesome ones, you had to use the Starforge Editor or something equivalent to make some of them. I played these the most!)
God their was just so much, I can't even recall 99.99% of their names. *sad face*

SC1 was the golden age of user created content. SC2 makes me want to kill myself.

RE: The Starcraft Thread - Acies - 11-17-2012

I have occasionally played SC2. That game is stressful for me, trying to control everything. I've watched a lot of theory on it, but played too little. Basically my decision-making is sub-par most of the times, my apm is too low and I lose my higher end brain functions once I see im under attack. I was ranked platinum last season.

I'm a very competetive person once its a competetive game. Improving, analyzing and thinking about my gameplay goes hand in hand with me enjoying the game. I can't find the time for SC2 between school, modeling & heroes of newerth (main game of choice). Since I can't spend time on drastically improving myself (I like to get "all into" something once I start doing it) I can't enjoy the game. If my priorities with my time were different I could easily see myself loving this game.

I still enjoy watching it though (thanks day9 (best streamer i've seen) + various tournaments).

Edit: EU. Play zerg. Platinum. "Non-active".

RE: The Starcraft Thread - Kreekakon - 11-17-2012

Well for anyone who loves watching Starcraft 2, the BWC is currently LIVE this weekend. Check it out here:
http://us.battle.net/bwc/en/

I just got back from Sen completely dominating Killer. I really hope Sen moves higher up, even though I have my speculations about him actually winning.

EDIT: Huk vs Grubby starting soon! Gogo!!

RE: The Starcraft Thread - Zaffre - 11-17-2012

(11-17-2012, 06:11 AM)Kreekakon Wrote: Well for anyone who loves watching Starcraft 2, the BWC is currently LIVE this weekend. Check it out here:
http://us.battle.net/bwc/en/

I just got back from Sen completely dominating Killer. I really hope Sen moves higher up, even though I have my speculations about him actually winning.

EDIT: Huk vs Grubby starting soon! Gogo!!
Tuned in just as the match started. I guess I'm lucky. The same happened with Bomber and Stephano in the final match of Lone Star Clash 2; I tuned in just in time to see it start.

RE: The Starcraft Thread - Kreekakon - 11-18-2012

Oh my holy shit...Game four of Sen vs Hero was just bollocks. For over 80% of the game Sen looked like he was going to lose, and out of nowhere he pulls out a reverse victory, and brings the score up from 2-1 to 2-2. Now it's time to take this into the last match on the feared Taladarim Alter :O

If you only have time to watch one match from the BWC, Sen vs Hero Game 4 IS the one to choose!

EDIT: Oh my gosh, Sen actually beat Hero 3-2. He is now the only one of the four finalists that isn't a Korean Protoss.

EDIT2: Poor Sen. He just lost 3-0 to Parting in the semi-finals to Immortal-Sentry all-ins all three of the games. Still, it's still no small feat for him to get into the best of four in a worldwide tournament like this.

RE: The Starcraft Thread - Kreekakon - 12-22-2012

Bumping this thread to bring you all this scrap of news: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/7826684/Global_Play_Coming_to_StarCraft_II-12_21_2012

Yep, global play is coming to Starcraft 2! Which means all us noobies over here at the Frictional forums can finally start killing each other Big Grin

Or, if anyone can't wait for that...anyone have Heart of The Swarm beta access here? I do, and if anyone's ever itching for a nice fun match you can always give me a call!