Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
The (not BL but) Anime Thread - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Frictional Games (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: The (not BL but) Anime Thread (/thread-19522.html)

RE: The (not BL but) Anime Thread - CorinthianMerchant - 09-28-2013

Nice Kreekakon!

I just finished Toradora! and the second season of Higurashi.

Spoiler below!

ToraDora! was a pretty fun high school romantic comedy. The characters were likeable and actually rather relatable. It had some pretty fun jokes but tome it was the character interaction was what really stood out.

But the ending was rather disappointing, but it also made me even more pumped for an eventual second season. 8/10

Spoiler below!

The second season of Higurashi did a very good job of wrapping up the loose ends of the first season but lacked in the horror and mystery aspect that was central for season one. 7.5/10

RE: The (not BL but) Anime Thread - Froge - 09-28-2013

I started watching Fate Zero and already addicted, currently on episode 12. Saber and Waver are my favourite characters.

RE: The (not BL but) Anime Thread - Kreekakon - 09-30-2013

BTW I just finished the entire first season of Higurashi, and am now slowly working on Kai.

All I have to say is that this show is really just amazing. I have to say that this show is really one you have to endure through in the earlier stages, but once you really get rolling your can really feel the despair of the whole situation, and really admire what this show has to offer.

I think two of the main reasons this show succeeds so well is one: it constantly has a hauntingly mysterious atmosphere about the show. You will NEVER know for sure seemingly what is the true culprit, and whether there really is something super-natural, or not. The level of execution it takes this self interpretation to is really something.

That brings me into reason two. The show has a lot of subtle happening,s and showcases a lot of the "Show, don't tell" of storytelling. Noticing all these subtle details, and slowly piecing together what you find out VERRRRY slowly from each arc is one of the most satisfying things the show has to offer EVEN without a definite answer at the end of season 1.

Long story short: Awesome.

RE: The (not BL but) Anime Thread - CorinthianMerchant - 10-03-2013

Did anybody else watch the first episode Kyoukai no Kanata? I'm impressed so far!

RE: The (not BL but) Anime Thread - Potato - 10-03-2013

(10-03-2013, 02:54 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote: Did anybody else watch the first episode Kyoukai no Kanata? I'm impressed so far!
It's by KyoAni, that should be no surprise. Tongue

RE: The (not BL but) Anime Thread - CorinthianMerchant - 10-03-2013

(10-03-2013, 02:58 PM)Potato Wrote:
(10-03-2013, 02:54 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote: Did anybody else watch the first episode Kyoukai no Kanata? I'm impressed so far!

Haha. I'm going to start watching Nichijou soon, BTW.

RE: The (not BL but) Anime Thread - Froge - 10-03-2013

(10-03-2013, 04:24 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote:

That's like the spongebob of anime. Each episode is very random, the characters are goofy, and scenes skip around seemingly nonsequentially a lot.

RE: The (not BL but) Anime Thread - Potato - 10-04-2013

(10-03-2013, 09:26 PM)Chronofrog Wrote: That's like the spongebob of anime. Each episode is very random, the characters are goofy, and scenes skip around seemingly nonsequentially a lot.
While I don't think it's KyoAni's best work (especially as of late hnnnng), I still enjoyed it immensely. Most of the oddball humor suited my tastes quite well and there's some moments that I absolutely adore.

RE: The (not BL but) Anime Thread - WALP - 10-04-2013

Watched the first episode of Kill la Kill, I like the animation and the overall badassness of it.
But the real reason I felt it should be mentioned here is a relevant quote:
"Fear is freedom
subjugation is liberation,
Contradiction is truth,
These are the truths of the world

Surrender to those truths,
You Pigs in human clothing!"
[Image: ZgzDbtE.png]

RE: The (not BL but) Anime Thread - Ghieri - 10-05-2013

(10-03-2013, 04:24 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote:

You made me watch this.

What the what while my brain is opening a can of what because what the fuck what.