Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
The (not BL but) Anime Thread - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Frictional Games (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: The (not BL but) Anime Thread (/thread-19522.html)

RE: The (not BL but) Anime Thread - CorinthianMerchant - 10-07-2013

Spoiler below!
While Kyoko's character might be the most "realistic" in the terms of, for the lack of a better word, "self-preservation", I still feel that the other characters actions were "realistic" in terms of determination, loyalty and kindness.

Spoiler below!
And yes, Sayaka's awesome.

RE: The (not BL but) Anime Thread - Froge - 10-07-2013

Spoiler below!
Care to explain how sayaka, madoka, mami, and especially homura were realistic?

Spoiler below!
aculy the right answer is Sayaka because no one really likes her so if you chose her i'd have given you +1 hipster points, which can be exchanged at a 1:1 rate for +1 rep points

(10-07-2013, 08:17 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote:
(10-07-2013, 08:02 PM)Chronofrog Wrote:
(10-07-2013, 08:00 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote: What would you recommend, Chrono-sensei? (I already have the Fate series on my watchlist BTW).
watch this anime called "no 6"

kthnx

have you seen higurashi?

Probably time to retreat to the anime thread.
nope unfortunately not

Spoiler below!
Imma go to bed soon so I'll just write about Homura

Prior to meeting Madoka in timeline #1, Homura was a lonely person who had been hospitalized without any real Contact with other people. Upon meeting Madoka (and Mami), Homura also met her first friends. After seeing her best friend killed by Walpurgisnacht, she naturally accepts Kyubey's offer and becomes a Mahou Shoujo in exchange for being able to repeat her first encounter with Madoka. She underestimated the time and effort needed to change destiny however, and it would take many tries until the "current" timeline. Naturally, one would believe that Homura would just give up but she refuses to give up on her only friend. You could of course argue that this is unrealistic from a self-preservation standpoint, but I feel that it's this is what makes Homura such an admirable character.

Also, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni is an awesome horror anime. Kreekakon wrote some really intelligent posts regarding it, you should read them after you're done.

RE: The (not BL but) Anime Thread - Froge - 10-07-2013

(10-07-2013, 08:28 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote:
Spoiler below!
Imma go to bed soon so I'll just write about Homura

Prior to meeting Madoka in timeline #1, Homura was a lonely person who had been hospitalized without any real Contact with other people. Upon meeting Madoka (and Mami), Homura also met her first friends. After seeing her best friend killed by Walpurgisnacht, she naturally accepts Kyubey's offer and becomes a Mahou Shoujo in exchange for being able to repeat her first encounter with Madoka. She underestimated the time and effort needed to change destiny however, and it would take many tries until the "current" timeline. Naturally, one would believe that Homura would just give up but she refuses to give up on her only friend. You could of course argue that this is unrealistic from a self-preservation standpoint, but I feel that it's this is what makes Homura such an admirable character.
Spoiler below!
Sorry, but Homura's realism ended when she made the wish to redo her meeting with Madoka instead of, you know, wishing for something like "I wish it was utterly impossible for anyone to ever come in contact with Kyubey"

I don't really have much inspiration to watch Higurashi as I have a lot on my list right now, most notably Fate Zero and also some soft yaois.

RE: The (not BL but) Anime Thread - Nice - 10-07-2013

Corinthian attacked me with his giant anime collection, what should i do?

(10-07-2013, 08:56 PM)Dogfood Wrote: Corinthian attacked me with his giant anime collection, what should i do?

WATCH IT BITCH

Quote:
Spoiler below!
Sorry, but Homura's realism ended when she made the wish to redo her meeting with Madoka instead of, you know, wishing for something like "I wish it was utterly impossible for anyone to ever come in contact with Kyubey"

Spoiler below!
But ATM Homura believed that it was her fault that Madoka died because she couldn't protect her.

Quote:I want to redo my meeting with Miss Kaname! But this time, instead of her protecting me, I want to become strong enough to protect her!

Besides, I don't believe that realism is an essential parts of characterisation, even though its importance varies from genre to genre.

RE: The (not BL but) Anime Thread - Froge - 10-08-2013

btw corinthian if you suddenly woke up one day as a girl and you were strapped to a chair with ten kyubeys staring at you and forcing you to make a wish

what would you wish for and what power would you get out of it

RE: The (not BL but) Anime Thread - CorinthianMerchant - 10-09-2013

Spoiler below!
[Image: nlzn8m5]

And I'd become the one and only Mahou Shoujo assassin.

RE: The (not BL but) Anime Thread - Froge - 10-09-2013

(10-09-2013, 01:02 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote:
Spoiler below!
[Image: nlzn8m5]

And I'd become the one and only Mahou Shoujo assassin.
kinda nsfw

Spoiler below!
[Image: 204700_163625907026062_374773_o.jpg]

RE: The (not BL but) Anime Thread - CorinthianMerchant - 10-09-2013

Poor Madoka gets stalked wherever she goes.