Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
The (not BL but) Anime Thread - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Frictional Games (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: The (not BL but) Anime Thread (/thread-19522.html)

RE: The (not BL but) Anime Thread - CorinthianMerchant - 08-22-2013

(08-22-2013, 06:50 PM)Dogfood Wrote: nhk seems nice i think im gonna watch it

Watch Clannad as well.

RE: The (not BL but) Anime Thread - Froge - 08-22-2013

I recently finished watching Cowboy Bebop. I'd give it a 10/10. It's not that the episodes were mind-blowingly awesome, but the characters just really stuck with me. It's like an anime that leaves a strong aftertaste.

RE: The (not BL but) Anime Thread - Tiger - 08-22-2013

(08-22-2013, 08:39 PM)Chronocat Wrote: I recently finished watching Cowboy Bebop. I'd give it a 10/10. It's not that the episodes were mind-blowingly awesome, but the characters just really stuck with me. It's like an anime that leaves a strong aftertaste.

I have the three first books+the two first Shooting stars ones, but I've never read them. Are they good?

RE: The (not BL but) Anime Thread - CorinthianMerchant - 08-22-2013

I enjoyed Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni. The characters were great (especially Rena) and the story was full of horrifying twists. I felt so incredibly happy at the ending that I'm unsure wether I want to watch the second season or not.

Spoiler below!

But I really disliked the hurrdurr oyashiro-sama wus an alienz lolzun teh aliunn viruz cauzed pepl to go insayan twist.

inb4 Cranky Old Man declares me a psychopath.

RE: The (not BL but) Anime Thread - Froge - 08-22-2013

(08-22-2013, 09:08 PM)Tiger Wrote:
(08-22-2013, 08:39 PM)Chronocat Wrote: I recently finished watching Cowboy Bebop. I'd give it a 10/10. It's not that the episodes were mind-blowingly awesome, but the characters just really stuck with me. It's like an anime that leaves a strong aftertaste.

I have the three first books+the two first Shooting stars ones, but I've never read them. Are they good?
No experience with the books, but the anime is what's popular.

RE: The (not BL but) Anime Thread - Tiger - 08-22-2013

Or, well, I mean the manga.

RE: The (not BL but) Anime Thread - Traggey - 08-23-2013

Just stay away from the new OVA episodes of Higurashi, unless you want to see eight year old girls wiping windows with her butt wearing a nothing but a swimsuit.

RE: The (not BL but) Anime Thread - Nice - 08-23-2013

(08-23-2013, 01:24 PM)Traggey Wrote: Just stay away from the new OVA episodes of Higurashi, unless you want to see eight year old girls wiping windows with her butt wearing a nothing but a swimsuit.

i spilled my coke

RE: The (not BL but) Anime Thread - CorinthianMerchant - 08-23-2013

(08-23-2013, 01:24 PM)Traggey Wrote: Just stay away from the new OVA episodes of Higurashi, unless you want to see eight year old girls wiping windows with her butt wearing a nothing but a swimsuit.

wat

are you sure that it is the same anime?

RE: The (not BL but) Anime Thread - Potato - 08-31-2013

Nope, not letting this one die.

So, I just finished watching Mirai Nikki, the ending is just one of those endings that makes me so happy inside, which really doesn't reflect the nature of the show itself. It had everything I really wanted to see and couldn't have had a better alternative, save for the conclusion of Yuki's story, which is a bit disappointing.