Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
What are you reading right now? - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Frictional Games (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: What are you reading right now? (/thread-19786.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: What are you reading right now? - Wooderson - 06-23-2013

I want to buy some GoT books.

RE: What are you reading right now? - Froge - 06-23-2013

(06-23-2013, 08:52 PM)Wooderson Wrote: I want to buy some GoT books.
I don't like the writing.

It reeks of conservatives.

RE: What are you reading right now? - Bridge - 06-23-2013

Normally I'm not a pedantic douchebag when it comes to titles but do people honestly not know that the series is called "A Song of Ice and Fire"? "A Game of Thrones" is a bitchin' title for sure, but that's only the title of the first book. It's like calling the Lord of the Rings books "The Fellowship of the Ring series".

Much easier to say GoT and most people know it by that now anyways.

(06-23-2013, 09:32 PM)Wooderson Wrote: Much easier to say GoT and most people know it by that now anyways.

I'm aware, but it's just retarded. This isn't even something only hardcore fans can possibly know, it says "based on the series 'A Song of Ice and Fire'" in the intro of the show.

Must be a pet peeve of yours... Thats fine.

Anyways, £35 for 7 books, seems fair enough.

It seems AFFC was not liked as much as the others, and with the events of it happening at the same time as ADWD, HBO will likely make the next series a mix of both books to make people happy?

(I can't remember if you said you read the books, I think ALIAS has?)

(06-23-2013, 10:10 PM)Wooderson Wrote: (I can't remember if you said you read the books, I think ALIAS has?)

Me? I read 1 and 2 and a third of 3. It's not that I lost interest in it I just never seem to find time to read anymore. Poor time management.

RE: What are you reading right now? - Draug - 06-24-2013

Currently I am reading A song of Ice and Fire.. I think the original book is called A feast for crows. In my country they divide the american editions in two books (money, money, money). So currently there are 10 books and I am reading the 8.

RE: What are you reading right now? - DavidS - 06-24-2013

Just burned through the "Necronomicon: The best weird tales of H.P. Lovecraft" commemorative edition and will reread the dream-cycle stories now. (have read all a couple of times before, but this time it is more for research for private projects.). Also I am rereading Dale Carnegies "How to win friends and influence people" and I have an edition of Stanislaw Lems "The philosophy of coincidence" on my toilet. (Even thoug it is a translation in my language I have a very hard time plowing through the crazyness of his sentence constructions and vocabulary. Lem is my sci-fi idol along with Philip K. Dick but man... non-fiction really isn`t his strong point.

RE: What are you reading right now? - Wooderson - 06-24-2013

(06-24-2013, 08:33 AM)droog Wrote: Currently I am reading A song of Ice and Fire.. I think the original book is called A feast for crows. In my country they divide the american editions in two books (money, money, money). So currently there are 10 books and I am reading the 8.

1. A Game of Thrones
2. A Clash of Kings
3. A Storm of Swords
4. A Feast for Crows (p1)
5. A Feast for Crows (p2)
6. A Dance with Dragons (p1)
7. A Dance with Dragons (p2

Yeah they split them up here too. Not sure if for money (not sure if the books are smaller than the others), or because GRRM just wanted to get the books out there.