Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
"The most exciting RPG games you've ever played"-thread - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Frictional Games (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: "The most exciting RPG games you've ever played"-thread (/thread-20157.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: "The most exciting RPG games you've ever played"-thread - crisosphinx - 04-07-2013

(04-07-2013, 05:32 AM)Chronofox Wrote:
(04-07-2013, 03:36 AM)crisosphinx Wrote:
(04-06-2013, 07:09 PM)Naked? No Wrote:
Quote:Heroes of Might and Magic

Have you played Might and Magic 4-8? They are very much worth trying out. You might want to check them out sometimes.

Heroes of Might and Magic III was where it was at.
What were your favourite castles?

I liked rampart and academy (tower).

Rampart, Castle and Tower. I hated the Necropolis because of hte music.

RE: "The most exciting RPG games you've ever played"-thread - Froge - 04-08-2013

Personally, I'm not a fan of Castle. Human recruits look boring and generally have boring abilities. I also avoid using the evil factions like Inferno, Dungeon, or Necro because their heroes just look damn ugly. Also, do you have the Armaggedon's Blade expansion pack? I really enjoy Conflux as well, although their level 7 creature (Phoenix) is kind of weak.

Although I do like Tower, I think it's really OP. Magi are very strong for ranged units, Nagas are insane with their no retaliation, and Titans are pretty much the best level 7 next to Black Dragons. I'd have to say Rampart is my favourite. Calming music and scenery and most well-rounded heroes in terms of strength and magic.

RE: "The most exciting RPG games you've ever played"-thread - Sampyli - 04-10-2013

I really liked New Vegas, and Skyrim wasn't that bad either I suppose.

I'm doing Demon's Souls at the moment and I'm loving it. Can't wait to play Dark Souls.
Going to play the Witcher games at some point too. (Many more RPGs as well of course, just can't think of any right now.)

.. and pre-WotLK WoW ;P

RE: "The most exciting RPG games you've ever played"-thread - GiggleBlizzard - 04-10-2013

There are so many issues with Skyrim it's not even funny

RE: "The most exciting RPG games you've ever played"-thread - NaxEla - 04-22-2013

I'm bumping this thread because I need to change my answer. I've recently been playing Dark Souls, like... a lot, and it's quickly become my favourite RPG (or even game) I've played. Can't wait for Dark Souls 2! Big Grin

RE: "The most exciting RPG games you've ever played"-thread - GiggleBlizzard - 04-22-2013

Dark Souls is an interesting game, it's an ARPG but with a heavy implication on the Action part. It lacks many basic RPG elements so I'm not sure if it can truly be considered an RPG.

RE: "The most exciting RPG games you've ever played"-thread - NaxEla - 04-22-2013

(04-22-2013, 01:24 PM)GiggleBlizzard Wrote: It lacks many basic RPG elements

Like what?

RE: "The most exciting RPG games you've ever played"-thread - Googolplex - 04-22-2013

Gothic
Risen
The Witcher

RE: "The most exciting RPG games you've ever played"-thread - GiggleBlizzard - 04-22-2013

(04-22-2013, 06:33 PM)NaxEla Wrote:
(04-22-2013, 01:24 PM)GiggleBlizzard Wrote: It lacks many basic RPG elements

Like what?

Story, proper conversations etc.

What I mean by that is you're basically just a tourist learning about the Dark Souls universe and backstory, there is lack of a story for the hero. The hero can't interact really interact with characters.

RE: "The most exciting RPG games you've ever played"-thread - rtjhbfvsrry - 04-22-2013

Story and conversations are what make an RPG? Gosh, my old NES games must have lied to me a lot, then.