Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
[CHAOS] Arched Castle Door and End Credits - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods - Development (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-38.html)
+---- Forum: Development Support (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-39.html)
+---- Thread: [CHAOS] Arched Castle Door and End Credits (/thread-20252.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Arched Castle Door and End Credits - PutraenusAlivius - 02-09-2013

Hello. I have 5 chairs and a table.
I put them in an order, looks like a table for eating. All i haven't got is the plates. That is Issue #1. Due to me having a hard time, i made the table and chair together as a compound, duplicate it throughout the room and made them individual again(making them NOT a compound). Thing is, the chair are flying. It almost kill mine and No Author's computer. That is Issue #2. Wanna give a hand?
EDIT: Also, how do i make a script that whenever i enter a level, a music plays and it also loops?
PROBLEM ABOVE IS SOLVED. CHECK THE BOTTOM FOR THE NEW ONE.

I have a castle_arched_door (the one in the Entrance Hall). And i want to display a message when i interact with it. But, it doesn't let me to interact with it. Also, how do i make the credits roll? Any solutions?

RE: Chairs. - MulleDK19 - 02-09-2013

Are you sure the chairs are not going through the table and/or ground? That would send them flying once the physics engine kicks in.

RE: Chairs - PutraenusAlivius - 02-09-2013

(02-09-2013, 11:56 AM)MulleDK19 Wrote: Are you sure the chairs are not going through the table and/or ground? That would send them flying once the physics engine kicks in.

THEY ARE NOT CLIPPING! Although when i remove the chairs, they were double pairs. Once when i was removing one, i have to press the delete button 5 times.

RE: Chairs. - The chaser - 02-09-2013

What chairs are you using?

RE: Chairs - MulleDK19 - 02-09-2013

(02-09-2013, 11:57 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote:
(02-09-2013, 11:56 AM)MulleDK19 Wrote: Are you sure the chairs are not going through the table and/or ground? That would send them flying once the physics engine kicks in.

THEY ARE NOT CLIPPING! Although when i remove the chairs, they were double pairs. Once when i was removing one, i have to press the delete button 5 times.

Okay, so you must have duplicated them a few times on top of each other.

RE: Chairs. - PutraenusAlivius - 02-09-2013

(02-09-2013, 11:59 AM)The chaser Wrote: What chairs are you using?
Regular Mansion chairs (the one that have the grey pad, not the red one.)
And for the last time the chaser, My mind is not Dolan.

(02-09-2013, 12:02 PM)MulleDK19 Wrote:

Is that the cause?

RE: Chairs. - No Author - 02-09-2013

It almost killed my laptop. To make the chairs uncompound again is you select them and ctrl+b again.
To play the music, you must script it using the "PlayMusic" script.

(02-09-2013, 12:04 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote:
(02-09-2013, 11:59 AM)The chaser Wrote: What chairs are you using?
Regular Mansion chairs (the one that have the grey pad, not the red one.)
And for the last time the chaser, My mind is not Dolan.

(02-09-2013, 12:02 PM)MulleDK19 Wrote:

Is that the cause?

If you have multiple objects inside each other, the physics engine is going to blow up.

RE: Chairs. - PutraenusAlivius - 02-09-2013

(02-09-2013, 12:17 PM)No Author Wrote: It almost killed my laptop. To make the chairs uncompound again is you select them and ctrl+b again.
To play the music, you must script it using the "PlayMusic" script.

I ALREADY MADE THEM NOT A COMPOUND!
is the script liek this?

PHP Code:
void OnEnter()
{
AddEntityCollideCallback("Player""Music_Area1""MusicPlay"true1);
}

void MusicPlay(stringin asParentstringin asChildint alState)
{
PlayMusic("Player", 09_amb_safe.snt"Music_Area1"0.0false);

If it's right, than good. I just don't know how to make it to loop.
Wrote this from scratch.

(02-09-2013, 12:23 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote:
PHP Code:
void MusicPlay(stringin asParentstringin asChildint alState)
{
PlayMusic("Player", 09_amb_safe.snt"Music_Area1"0.0false);

If it's right, than good. I just don't know how to make it to loop.

Not at all good.
"Player" makes no sense in that context. 09_amb_safe.snt should be surrounded by quotes ("). And it should be the first parameter. Second parameter is whether to loop. You're missing the priority parameter.

You're looking for
PHP Code:
PlayMusic("09_amb_safe.snt"true1.0f0.0f0false);