Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
[WIP] In Ruins (Full Conversion) - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods - Development (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-38.html)
+--- Thread: [WIP] In Ruins (Full Conversion) (/thread-20507.html)

Pages: 1 2

In Ruins (Full Conversion) - quicksilver89 - 02-26-2013

In Ruins

In Ruins is a full conversion mod, currently under development by me (quicksilver89) and NaxEla. Aiming for a unique experience, the mod will be based on storytelling and atmosphere. Immersing the player with a gripping story, and beautiful environment, and some challenging puzzles.

1918, Kingswood, Brittain. WWI has barely come to an end when I decide to visit the renowned chemist Robert Steiner. Robert Steiner had been working together with Friedrich Wöhler synthesizing the substance known as the life-spark, directly contradicting the theory of Vitalism, in which living organisms are fundamentally different from non-living entities because they contain some non-physical element or are governed by different principles than inanimate things. News on scientific discoveries have halted since the start of WWI, and my letters are not being returned. Visiting his known adress near the Ellesmere Port is all I can do now...

Features:
- An immersive story
- Multiple endings
- Voice Acting
- Unique level design
- Unique flashlight
- Original puzzles
- Custom models

Screenshots:
[Image: lzusIt3.jpg]

[Image: rtTKZ4N.jpg]

[Image: w87Pdj9.jpg]

[Image: 6QzLC9r.jpg]

Follow us on MODDB

RE: In Ruins (Full Conversion) - jiersk - 02-26-2013

The screenshots look pretty good!

RE: In Ruins (Full Conversion) - NaxEla - 02-26-2013

(02-26-2013, 01:47 AM)jiersk Wrote: The screenshots look pretty good!

Thanks! We are trying to create a highly unique atmosphere using (mostly) original assets from The Dark Descent.

RE: In Ruins (Full Conversion) - Kurton - 02-26-2013

The design there is superb, I only noticed you might want to use the cobweb versions that aren't unlit/bright, as those in the first screenshot look a little bizarre. I'm wondering also if the half-open door in the third screenshot supposed to be that thin? Awesome otherwise, I will be looking forward to this. Good to see people still making the best of the original assets.

RE: In Ruins (Full Conversion) - Crafted - 02-26-2013

Fascinating, Fantastic, and Freaking Great! :O
I am 100% looking forward to it! Smile

RE: In Ruins (Full Conversion) - OriginalUsername - 02-26-2013

Oh wow.. that looks really good. I'm definitely going to download this!

RE: In Ruins (Full Conversion) - WALP - 02-26-2013

(02-26-2013, 08:23 AM)Robosprog Wrote:

exactly.

RE: In Ruins (Full Conversion) - CorinthianMerchant - 02-26-2013

Amazing detailing, but you should reduce the tile amount in the 2nd and 3d pic. Great job, and good luck!

RE: In Ruins (Full Conversion) - quicksilver89 - 02-26-2013

Thanks for the helpful tips so far! Much of the feedback is going to be
taken into account when we're polishing this up for the final releaseSmile

RE: In Ruins (Full Conversion) - Adrianis - 02-26-2013

The lighting & colour in the first & last pic is really, really nice. Keep it up!