Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Game Gifts & Codes Giveaways (Read Rules & No Requests) [Steam/Origin/Other] - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Frictional Games (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: Game Gifts & Codes Giveaways (Read Rules & No Requests) [Steam/Origin/Other] (/thread-20792.html)

RE: Game Gifts & Codes Giveaways (Read Rules & No Requests) [Steam/Origin/Other] - PutraenusAlivius - 12-25-2013

(12-25-2013, 07:59 AM)WIWWM Wrote: Bought Four Copies of Super Hexagon To give to you guys! It was on community choice sale! All for you guys first come first serve =P

Me! I already sent you a PM.

RE: Game Gifts & Codes Giveaways (Read Rules & No Requests) [Steam/Origin/Other] - 7heDubz - 12-25-2013

Off Off And away! Down to three. Merry Christmas guys!

RE: Game Gifts & Codes Giveaways (Read Rules & No Requests) [Steam/Origin/Other] - plutomaniac - 01-01-2014

Mirror's Edge requested by Romulator. Key sent - awaiting confirmation.

RE: Game Gifts & Codes Giveaways (Read Rules & No Requests) [Steam/Origin/Other] - 7heDubz - 01-01-2014

I'm unable to reach my steam account at the moment. Computer monitor messing up (maybe its my graphics card.. I dont know) All codes are still giveawable. However my remaining copies of super hexagon are ungiftable at the moment.

RE: Game Gifts & Codes Giveaways (Read Rules & No Requests) [Steam/Origin/Other] - alphachurch - 01-02-2014

(01-01-2014, 05:50 PM)WIWWM Wrote: I'm unable to reach my steam account at the moment. Computer monitor messing up (maybe its my graphics card.. I dont know) All codes are still giveawable. However my remaining copies of super hexagon are ungiftable at the moment.

It appears that Steam is having issues because I can log in and I've been playing Risen lately so I have gained a few card, one of which I got today, but when I click on the inventory (Google Chrome or Windows Steam) the same Error page comes up. I tried to contact Steam Support but that page came up Errored as well. Also when on the Chrome page, my account name is invisible leaving a 's account so they may be having some severe issues with their servers

RE: Game Gifts & Codes Giveaways (Read Rules & No Requests) [Steam/Origin/Other] - Romulator - 01-02-2014

(01-01-2014, 03:05 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: Mirror's Edge requested by Romulator. Key sent - awaiting confirmation.

Got it, and I think it has been redeemed. I will make sure later on.

I had given it to a friend and it appears they may or may not already have it. I'll keep you updated via PM Smile

RE: Game Gifts & Codes Giveaways (Read Rules & No Requests) [Steam/Origin/Other] - Traggey - 01-02-2014

Here arises another problem, taking keys to give them away?

RE: Game Gifts & Codes Giveaways (Read Rules & No Requests) [Steam/Origin/Other] - Romulator - 01-02-2014

For free. For my girlfriend, someone who is separate from the forum.

EDIT:
Spoiler below!
I being honest will admit this every time I would take a key off any user on here and would aim to give to someone outside the forum, who I will moderate to the degree of understanding that the key will be used by them and won't use it for any gain. As far as I know, she is the only friend I have who knows of this, unless I count another which sometimes gives me keys to post on here whenever he buys from humble bundle.
/EDIT

Hmm... I don't think I have violated anything, minus the post count (on her behalf, but she does not have an account here).

Perhaps acquiring a key on behalf of another user will not be tolerated?

RE: Game Gifts & Codes Giveaways (Read Rules & No Requests) [Steam/Origin/Other] - Yuhaney - 01-02-2014

I don't see a problem giving one or two keys away to your friends outside a forum who have no plans on either joining or simply don't use any forums because of their own reasons.

However, passing keys to those who don't meet the requirements - but are still forum members - I do see a problem. If you can just ask someone to pick the code up, what's the point of having post limit in the first place? Anyone could join and ask someone to get the code and then leave with 0 posts. Unlikely, but point made.

Also, if you take all the keys and share them to everyone, in or outside the forum, or actually make them to your advantage (i.e. selling), I see a problem as this is meant to be a community based socializing event to encourage other users to be more active and making new friends.

But then again, you might either want to ask the key giver a permission on using it on whatever purpose it is you are planning on using it or alternatively we just change rules to include that key receiver may do what ever they please with the key as long as it is legal, of course.

Again, my thoughts only.

EDIT: Oh, and since this thread meets the forum rules, but also has it own rules, we go by the 'inner' rules of thread which can be changed since they are not made by an Admin, but by a thread keeper instead.

RE: Game Gifts & Codes Giveaways (Read Rules & No Requests) [Steam/Origin/Other] - plutomaniac - 01-02-2014

I agree with what Scrap said.

Btw, I have some steam trading cards as well as some Snow Globes (3 Walking Dead Trading Cards & 3 Show Blobes for Warframe, Rogue Legacy, XCOM). I don't understand what to do with them? Shall I sell them for money or something? Trade them and if yes with what? Can someone explain this whole deal to me?