Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Multiplayer/Co-Op & Frictional Games? NO!!! - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: Multiplayer/Co-Op & Frictional Games? NO!!! (/thread-20831.html)

RE: Multiplayer Idea. - eliasfrost - 06-14-2008

Sorry for ressurecting, but if you want a multiplayer survival horror game, try the Zombie Panic! Source mod for Half-Life 2. It's kinda scary. Especially the subway. Smile

RE: Multiplayer Idea. - Fatbaticus - 06-19-2008

nackidno Wrote:Sorry for ressurecting, but if you want a multiplayer survival horror game, try the Zombie Panic! Source mod for Half-Life 2. It's kinda scary. Especially the subway. Smile

Hahah i love that mod Smile But the new left 4 dead game looks awesome >Big Grin cant wait till release im so gonna play it like for um i dont no 12312 hours maybe? I also heard its got AI zombies and ai for ur team aswell so you dont have to worry about bieng offline in it Smile

RE: Multiplayer Idea. - weblordpepe - 06-22-2008

CoooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooop Smile

Co-op makes any single player game better. Only problem is that 80% of the fun in Penumbra is not knowing how to do stuff & working it out. It is a 3D Scumm game afterall Smile

RE: Multiplayer Idea. - jamhaw - 06-24-2008

I think that co-op would lower the scariness since being alone with no one to help you increases the scariness I think.

RE: Multiplayer Idea. - Klayman - 06-24-2008

jamhaw Wrote:I think that co-op would lower the scariness since being alone with no one to help you increases the scariness I think.

I agree with you. Co-op is killing scary atmosphere. But it can increase fun.

RE: Multiplayer Idea. - Kedjane - 07-02-2008

nackidno Wrote:Sorry for ressurecting, but if you want a multiplayer survival horror game, try the Zombie Panic! Source mod for Half-Life 2. It's kinda scary. Especially the subway. Smile
The source verison is out? I played the original alot, sweet!

RE: Multiplayer Idea. - eliasfrost - 07-02-2008

Yupp, the source version is out. It's really cool. Noone seems to play the original anylonger. I can't find any servers. Smile

Co-Op: How hard would it be? - DrDean - 07-11-2008

If a user/dev was to make a co-op mode for either Black Plague or Overture, how hard would you guys assume that would be? I mean a little multiplayer mode where you and friends work together to solve puzzles. I probably wouldn't want more than 2 or 3 players, but how hard would it be to implement? Doesn't have to be made by the developers, not saying that I would do it either.

In fact, it doesn't have to even be Penumbra. It could be a new game you're developing with an optional/forced co-op mode.

RE: Co-Op: How hard would it be? - Penumbra - 07-11-2008

Yeah, I'd love to see their new HPL2 engine support multiplayer.

RE: Co-Op: How hard would it be? - eliasfrost - 07-11-2008

Implement multiplayer in a physics based game is very hard. Calculating all the physics on both computer would make the game very laggy I prosume. :S