Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Multiplayer/Co-Op & Frictional Games? NO!!! - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: Multiplayer/Co-Op & Frictional Games? NO!!! (/thread-20831.html)

RE: Suggestion for multiplayer - skypeskype - 05-03-2011

You guys really like to argue about others opinions. Thats what a forum is. A place where you can share your opinions with others.

P.S: Nettogrof, I really like your idea. Maybe they should really consider your idea as a posible multiplayer mode.

ALSO, multiplayer = original CD-KEY = BUY game = NO PIRATING = more money for frictional games = MORE games.

RE: Anmeisa Online Idea - Hunter of Shadows - 05-03-2011

(05-03-2011, 08:27 PM)Nettogrof Wrote: I think a horror game can still be scary with 1 to 4 people playing. That's it though. Nothing else.
May an idea where coop is done so everyone can do custom stories together. 4 people max though only.

A versus mode where it's 4 vs 4.. 4 people are survivors and others are hunters like said in another post.

Another Idea of a versus mode is 4 vs 1 or 2. A mode where 4 people survive and the other people control part of the AI as the Director. I think it'd be a unique experience. The AI director controlers can control the map from a sky view or another viewpoint (idk what would be best), and the goal can either be to invoke fear the most in the other players. They could set up a fear level indicator using the survivors microphone to detect words such as "oh my god, oh shit, i'm scared, ahh, etc..", heavy breaths, and also screams and such. They could take these variables and set them on different fear levels of their own. Whoever scares the other team the most wins. The teams would by 2's, while the 4 survivors will work together all the time though. Teams will only matter during the points and when the 2 people are the AI director. They could release a pulse indicator to measure how fast the heart is beating. Should be something simple that the player wheres around their neck or wrist and is wireless and attaches to the USB of their pc to detect fear as well. Oh and if the survivors survive, they get take pointz against the AI Director Big Grin. Or add points to themselves, either one. I think taking points from the AI director would make more sense, since they're in teams of two.

JUST AN IDEA Big Grin

A terrible idea, but yes, just an idea

RE: Anmeisa Online Idea - gandalf91 - 05-03-2011

That wouldn't be scary at all for the people who are hunting, nor would it be as scary for the hunted.

RE: Suggestion for multiplayer - gandalf91 - 05-03-2011

I am not completely opposed to the notion of a couple players both playing as protagonists in a similar atmosphere with similar mechanics. However, I do feel all this hide and seek esque gameplay is nonsense. Hiding from your friend would not be immersible or scary for either player. You know what to expect. Playing with a friend however, while not as scary as the original game, still retains the element of the unknown and if played correctly should still retain some sense of immersion.

And another prime example of why hide and seek would be an epic failure -->

(01-18-2011, 11:15 AM)hollowleviathan Wrote: Hiding in static and generally poor hiding spots doesn't work well against other players, who are cogent smart and have good eyesight, very unlike the Grunts and Brutes.

RE: Anmeisa Online Idea - agripa - 05-04-2011

the best idea is to have only two players or three players ,a grunt , a brute and the human.

RE: Anmeisa Online Idea - gandalf91 - 05-05-2011

The most acceptable scenario that might be able to pass off as multiplayer is all humans...playing as a monster would ruin the game mechanics (more than multiplayer itself would).

RE: Anmeisa Online Idea - Hunter of Shadows - 05-05-2011

(05-05-2011, 02:10 AM)gandalf91 Wrote: The most acceptable scenario that might be able to pass off as multiplayer is all humans...playing as a monster would ruin the game mechanics (more than multiplayer itself would).

Especially since often the best defense against the monsters is how stupid they are, a human playing a monster would remove that aspect entirely and the humans would die and lose more often then not

(05-05-2011, 03:35 AM)Hunter of Shadows Wrote:
(05-05-2011, 02:10 AM)gandalf91 Wrote: The most acceptable scenario that might be able to pass off as multiplayer is all humans...playing as a monster would ruin the game mechanics (more than multiplayer itself would).

Especially since often the best defense against the monsters is how stupid they are, a human playing a monster would remove that aspect entirely and the humans would die and lose more often then not

I agree.

Ironically you think this would make the game more tense...but really, if you know it's your friend chasing you, it's kinda like, "hehehe! Darn!!! You got me!!!"

RE: Anmeisa Online Idea - Nettogrof - 05-05-2011

How about teams of 2 or 3 vs 2 or 3 are in competition to get out of the create castle first (including custom maps) and the players are allowed to put the other players into traps where the ai (monsters and stuff etc..) kills them.
Whoever gets out first wins. If one whole team dies, the other one has to make it out to win.

Better, but still a farcry at best in my opinion.....reason being that the tension in single player builds so well because of the unknown...the elusive horror, rather than just a series of chases. I think the only thing that really has going for it is the forced interaction with the servants (monsters).