Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Multiplayer/Co-Op & Frictional Games? NO!!! - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: Multiplayer/Co-Op & Frictional Games? NO!!! (/thread-20831.html)

RE: Amnesia Multiplayer Story!!!! - Ocean112 - 05-09-2011

glad to see not everyone has trouble believeing in me but fauir enough this is very difficult to do considering that amnesia is singleplayer but im doing the best i can so pls wait

RE: Amnesia Multiplayer Story!!!! - GnR - 05-09-2011

(05-09-2011, 04:39 PM)Ocean112 Wrote: glad to see not everyone has trouble believeing in me but fauir enough this is very difficult to do considering that amnesia is singleplayer but im doing the best i can so pls wait

look here...
do a video now , w/e bugs are in it , you can edit it after...
WE JUST WANT A REAL VIDEO WITH IT so we belive you and support you , do the video now, doesn't matters how many bugs there are=)

RE: Amnesia Multiplayer Story!!!! - plutomaniac - 05-09-2011

(05-09-2011, 05:42 PM)GnR Wrote:
(05-09-2011, 04:39 PM)Ocean112 Wrote: glad to see not everyone has trouble believeing in me but fauir enough this is very difficult to do considering that amnesia is singleplayer but im doing the best i can so pls wait

look here...
do a video now , w/e bugs are in it , you can edit it after...
WE JUST WANT A REAL VIDEO WITH IT so we belive you and support you , do the video now, doesn't matters how many bugs there are=)

i agree with that. If you show people something, even in an early state, they will support you. But until then...

RE: Amnesia Multiplayer Story!!!! - Tanshaydar - 05-09-2011

While you don't answer my questions here, how do you expect me to believe even a single letter of what you wrote?

Until you prove something, I won't believe and will call this a hoax.

RE: Amnesia Multiplayer Story!!!! - laser50 - 05-09-2011

Ocean, I like this idea very much Big Grin
BUT. I think that if this is actually true, that you should make the ability to actually use other Custom stories for multiplayer aswell instead of only yours.

RE: The Multiplayer Story!!! - laser50 - 05-09-2011

Fact: The guy has 24 posts.
Also a fact: Looking at his previous topic, i think he recently bought the game

another Not-So-Sure-Fact: I dont think that the game engine is made for Multiplayer, and so it should be impossible to do it.

RE: The Multiplayer Story!!! - Kyle - 05-09-2011

True dat. Even if you were an epic computer scripter/programmer, you still wouldn't be able to make multiplayer with it without important things like a server, source code, and the list goes on.

RE: The Multiplayer Story!!! - MrBigzy - 05-10-2011

It's definitely possible to do. I know of a couple games that used dll injection to make multiplayer possible for games without open source. Of course, it would take a highly talented programmer to do this. And with access to all of the game files except the source, it's definitely possible, depending on how the engine would handle it.

RE: The Multiplayer Story!!! - Tottel - 05-10-2011

I'll have to see it before I believe it. Smile

RE: The Multiplayer Story!!! - spamqad - 05-11-2011

(05-08-2011, 02:10 PM)Danarogon Wrote:
(05-08-2011, 02:00 PM)ThePaSch Wrote: Umm, I think this image is appropriate here.

ya... indead Dodgy.... something smeals here.... if this guy is realy serious he better submit some gameplay/ screen shots now...
Now that you mention it im not completely convinced. Its not impossible to work multiplayer in to work into the hpl 2 engine but since its not open source yet it would be extremely difficult. You would have a better chance making penumbra overture multiplayer since they released the source.