Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Multiplayer/Co-Op & Frictional Games? NO!!! - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: Multiplayer/Co-Op & Frictional Games? NO!!! (/thread-20831.html)

RE: My Next Custom Story - nemesis567 - 09-14-2011

Finish something before starting anything else.

RE: My Next Custom Story - Mosnye - 09-15-2011

(09-14-2011, 11:45 PM)nemesis567 Wrote: Finish something before starting anything else.

RE: My Next Custom Story - DRedshot - 09-15-2011

Poll Closed: (How do I lock it?)

so I'll finish this story first like most of you suggested. I knew it was the right thing to do, but I just wanted to do something fresh and interesting.

I'll restart the poll when this story is finished, which will probably be in a few months (after December probably) By then I will have a bit of time to come up with some more suggestions! Smile

Ironic thing about the multiplayer - Clord - 09-22-2011

If Frictional Games would do it and it is released. Suddenly many naysayers for such mode would find it awesome because they would get to experience it instead just read it as an suggestion to have such mode. Not to mention how easily it can be designed to be so that it keeps some of the scare factor or is even scarier.

There is also Youtube video series about guy and few other people in the same room in dark, yet he is almost as scared like he would be playing alone.

RE: Ironic thing about the multiplayer - Oscar House - 09-22-2011

Oh look, another multiplayer thread.

I can't see any basis on what you're saying there. It would be awesome "because we got to experience it"? Yeah, I'm sure it would be easier to form a proper opinion if we actually got to play it, but is making it worth Frictional Games' time? After all, adding multiplayer isn't just a matter of writing "multiplayer=true".
You say how easy it is to design a multiplayer game that's still scary as hell. And then you don't tell us the "how" part.
You mention a video series where guys play Amnesia. And then you don't even tell us who it is.

Give me something to work with here.

RE: Ironic thing about the multiplayer - Tanshaydar - 09-22-2011

[Image: facepalm.png]

RE: Ironic thing about the multiplayer - Clord - 09-22-2011

This is just that many are too stubborn to realize that when people talk about "adding multplayer". Does not mean that it is just story mode with more than one player but actually would be bit different to make it still fit to overall theme. It could be even called lack of imagination and/or planning skills not to see how it could work.

RE: Ironic thing about the multiplayer - laser50 - 09-22-2011

Kay, I logged back in after a month or so just to say:

Fuck Amnesia Multiplayer, Not going to happen.
Really. Howmany topics were made, 10? 20? 40?!

Want it? Make it yourself.

RE: Ironic thing about the multiplayer - Clord - 09-22-2011

Without major gameplay changes it would not just currently be feasible.

1. It would be such co-op where both players are actually needed to complete it. Aka there would be no solo mode in such maps. It would mean tons more coding for Frictional Games to implement observer view and stuff like that.
2. Monsters would not be allowed to disappear as it would ruin the co-op part. As both players would more likely just need to respawn or fail together.
3. Much, much more.

Basically to make this mode even work, it would need to be in the sequel.

RE: Ironic thing about the multiplayer - frawst - 09-23-2011

while this seems unlikely, I am new here and believe that MP would not take from the gameplay. The only problem I can see would be if one person knows more than the person they are playing with, they would ruin the shock of a certain part for the newer guy. I think that MP would work great in terms of all the custom games that are around.

I recognize this however : It is never going to happen.

What I recommend : Play the game in a dark room with your speakers turned up with a few friends, it is WAY more fun, and not to mention the communal aspect of fear just amps up the fear factor exponentially. Big fun with friends Smile