Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Multiplayer/Co-Op & Frictional Games? NO!!! - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: Multiplayer/Co-Op & Frictional Games? NO!!! (/thread-20831.html)

RE: Ironic thing about the multiplayer - Ctrl - 09-23-2011

i jst don't think multiplayer would work. Amnesia has such a great story and single player i dont see why it is needed (though the replay value isn't all that high), but still being alone in the dark with not much of an idea who you are is part of what made the game for me. maybe co op would be kinda cool but i still think amnesia is fine as it is.
bring on the sequels though!

RE: Ironic thing about the multiplayer - Cryaotic - 09-23-2011

Even if multi-player were implemented, which is will never be, I would not touch it with a flag pole.

No thank you.

RE: Ironic thing about the multiplayer - Kein - 09-23-2011

Multiplayer in Amnesia requires totally different gameplay and level design approach (implying we can play for monsters and hunt humans). So it is more like... totally different game?

RE: Ironic thing about the multiplayer - Hunter of Shadows - 09-23-2011

(09-22-2011, 10:05 AM)Clord Wrote: If Frictional Games would do it and it is released. Suddenly many naysayers for such mode would find it awesome because they would get to experience it instead just read it as an suggestion to have such mode. Not to mention how easily it can be designed to be so that it keeps some of the scare factor or is even scarier.

There is also Youtube video series about guy and few other people in the same room in dark, yet he is almost as scared like he would be playing alone.
No I fucking wouldn't find it awesome

It's like how Dead Space 2 had a multiplayer, it was fucking retarded

RE: Ironic thing about the multiplayer - MooseTheScared - 09-23-2011

I think the best thing to do for all who think multiplayer would be awesome and not that hard to create is to try implementing it themselves. Penumbra Overture is open source, right? Go ahead and make multiplayer mode there, the gameplay is similar to Amnesia. Or at least just make a design proposal based on actual code architecture rather than some random thoughts.

RE: Ironic thing about the multiplayer - Clord - 09-23-2011

I also think that Amnesia The Dark Descent multiplayer would be very unlikely to happen but there is something to consider (Should have typed this part of this message first as second part now sounds a bit awkward).

This thread's purpose also is to show Frictional Games that they could release some horror game in future what has also co-op option (as separate story for example like Portal 2). There is not just better forum section to tell about this idea.

RE: Ironic thing about the multiplayer - SquigPie - 09-23-2011

(09-23-2011, 11:34 AM)Clord Wrote: I also think that Amnesia The Dark Descent multiplayer would be very unlikely to happen but there is something to consider (Should have typed this part of this message first as second part now sounds a bit awkward).

This thread's purpose also is to show Frictional Games that they could release some horror game in future what has also co-op option (as separate story for example like Portal 2). There is not just better forum section to tell about this idea.
Problem is that the message of this thread (MULTIPLAYER/COOP PLOX) has been done A MILLION TIMES before, Frictional Games know alright, you don't have to tell them (and us) again.

RE: Ironic thing about the multiplayer - Clord - 09-23-2011

(09-23-2011, 12:24 PM)SquigPie Wrote:
(09-23-2011, 11:34 AM)Clord Wrote: I also think that Amnesia The Dark Descent multiplayer would be very unlikely to happen but there is something to consider (Should have typed this part of this message first as second part now sounds a bit awkward).

Problem is that the message of this thread (MULTIPLAYER/COOP PLOX) has been done A MILLION TIMES before, Frictional Games know alright, you don't have to tell them (and us) again.
I'm well aware of that fact, no need to tell it for me again (see what I did here, nobody forces you to follow this thread).

I made this thread because I wanted to even though I have seen many threads discussing about multiplayer possibility.

I would agree with you if you actually would pay for me to come up with opinions to post instead of deciding what I post by myself.

RE: Ironic thing about the multiplayer - hollowleviathan - 09-24-2011

(09-22-2011, 10:05 AM)Clord Wrote: Not to mention how easily it can be designed

(09-22-2011, 10:54 PM)Clord Wrote: Without major gameplay changes it would not just currently be feasible.
Basically to make this mode even work, it would need to be in the sequel.
Wh...What?

RE: Ironic thing about the multiplayer - Hunter of Shadows - 09-24-2011

I'm starting to find it difficult to take you seriously Clord