Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Multiplayer/Co-Op & Frictional Games? NO!!! - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: Multiplayer/Co-Op & Frictional Games? NO!!! (/thread-20831.html)

RE: Multiplayer Idea. - Kedjane - 03-03-2008

Ah!
While playing the game I also though that cooperative would be great for a game like Penumbra. I don't think I've ever played a cooperative puzzle-solving horror game.
Two players starting off at diffrent parts of a level, solving puzzles together and separately could be great. As Half Life and Blue Shift, only there'd be two players playing at once.

Player 1 could start locked into a small cell with only a table, key welder and a door out which on further examination have somehow had the lock broken on the inside.
Player 2, starting somewhere outside would have to find two key parts (Possibly while P1 is doing some other unrelated puzzle inside the cell), give them to Player 1 by using one of those push-through-wall boxes who then welds it and gives it back to Player 2 who opens the door from the outside (where the lock is not broken).

RE: Multiplayer Idea. - Kennyboy000 - 03-04-2008

Sounds great, Being together should be fun aswell though, I liked having weapons in Overture though .. On the other hand,To many enemies ! Curse the dogs Wink

RE: Multiplayer Idea. - Kedjane - 03-05-2008

Well, the problem in Black Plauge was that they took the "no weapon" part all wrong. If a game has no weapons then there's supposed not to be any enemies. They however added lots of enemies with no means of defending yourself.
I'm looking for the no-enemy cheat right now.

RE: Multiplayer Idea. - Thaliur - 03-05-2008

Kedjane Wrote:Well, the problem in Black Plauge was that they took the "no weapon" part all wrong. If a game has no weapons then there's supposed not to be any enemies. They however added lots of enemies with no means of defending yourself.
Well, "no weapons" combined with "no enemies" would be quite pointless, wouldn't it? If there are no enemies, you don'T need any weapons, so removing them would do absolutely nothing. And actually, without any enemies, the game would be even more boring than World Of Grindcraft.

RE: Multiplayer Idea. - Kennyboy000 - 03-05-2008

Thaliur Wrote:
Kedjane Wrote:Well, the problem in Black Plauge was that they took the "no weapon" part all wrong. If a game has no weapons then there's supposed not to be any enemies. They however added lots of enemies with no means of defending yourself.
Well, "no weapons" combined with "no enemies" would be quite pointless, wouldn't it? If there are no enemies, you don'T need any weapons, so removing them would do absolutely nothing. And actually, without any enemies, the game would be even more boring than World Of Grindcraft.

<Insert curse words here> Dude! WoW totally rocks so stfu! Before i hax you !!

On a serious note .. (I do hate WoW ;P ) .. Your absolutely right. Its fun not having weapons + No enemies actualy, Makes you use the envirement Smile . Also , If you had weapons you could just go at one and kill them like nothing .. That aint fun ! Having a gun with only 12 bullets throughout the entire game would be interesting though .. Like the only weapon you have (Talking bout a pistol) But i'm not so sure about that .. You should be able to try to talk to the Infected though

RE: Multiplayer Idea. - Thaliur - 03-05-2008

Kennyboy000 Wrote:You should be able to try to talk to the Infected though
Technically, we are. Red, Eminiss, Clarence, probably Amabel too. But I agree that it's never really a conversation.

And hey, I didn't call it WoW Wink

RE: Multiplayer Idea. - Kennyboy000 - 03-06-2008

Thaliur Wrote:
Kennyboy000 Wrote:You should be able to try to talk to the Infected though
Technically, we are. Red, Eminiss, Clarence, probably Amabel too. But I agree that it's never really a conversation.

And hey, I didn't call it WoW Wink

Well .. I mean the infected you encounted in person, And who's Eminiss ? If its a spoiler (I'm past the library on Black Plague and unsure on OverTure) Then dont tell Tongue

And hey, Then WoG sucks Big Grin

RE: Multiplayer Idea. - Kedjane - 03-06-2008

Thaliur Wrote:
Well, the thing I thought was: there are some (enviromental) weapons in Black Plauge, so they wouldn't remove all monsters. I think there could had been a few really dangerous monsters which were all killable with puzzles or making them duke out on eachother or something, and no weapons. But monsters and no weapons didn't feel right.

Kennyboy000 Wrote:
Thaliur Wrote:

<Insert curse words here> Dude! WoW totally rocks so stfu! Before i hax you !!

On a serious note .. (I do hate WoW ;P ) .. Your absolutely right. Its fun not having weapons + No enemies actualy, Makes you use the envirement Smile . Also , If you had weapons you could just go at one and kill them like nothing .. That aint fun ! Having a gun with only 12 bullets throughout the entire game would be interesting though .. Like the only weapon you have (Talking bout a pistol) But i'm not so sure about that .. You should be able to try to talk to the Infected though
Yes, we all hate WoN/WoG.

RE: Multiplayer Idea. - Thaliur - 03-06-2008

Kedjane Wrote:Yes, we all hate WoN/WoG.
Great, nice to see people agree about this in a game-related forum Wink

I don't really know where Eminiss appears, but he's in Black Plague. Actually, now that I think about it, I can't be entirely certain he was called Eminiss... Oh, well, I guess you'll see.

Now where were we...
Oh yes, multiplayer. It would work if the players don't actually meet each other until shortly before the end, but still can influence the area the other player is in (power up generators, toggle lights... stuff like that) to help each other.

RE: Multiplayer Idea. - Cypherious - 03-06-2008

Nice idea,some players could be trapped,others would try to figure out how to help them,and the others would help them too.
And co-op in monster pwning,trapping and making them very calm.
I think,that it would be very nice.
A HL2 mod,The Shelter maps,lots of zombies and monsters.
And they got one objective.
Dispose of Tuurngait.
A HL2 multiplayer mod,co-op.
Players arrive with helicopter(some dumb rambo wonnabees with guns),and clean the shit out of here.
It could called ''The Sweep''....