Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Multiplayer/Co-Op & Frictional Games? NO!!! - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: Multiplayer/Co-Op & Frictional Games? NO!!! (/thread-20831.html)

RE: Multiplayer Suggestion - Danny Boy - 09-30-2011

I demand you to inclode: NYAN CAT; PEDOBEAR; THE BANANA GUY FROM "its peanut jelly time" and SHOOP DA WOOP!!!

RE: Multiplayer Suggestion - Yuhaney - 09-30-2011

I close this one.

Amnesia online... - TheDavenia - 11-14-2011

Hey guys I know that there are many threads out there like this and I've made one as well,
but today I'm going to be serious about this not just like "hai amnesia online plex kthxbye" but a real thread.
So I've been thinking about this for a long time now like since I've started playing Amnesia.

But i have a few questions like:
Is it possible
Would we need to model "Daniel" cause I think all Daniel is now is an arm...

But I mean come on I think it would be awesome!
Like watch Cry's video of him, Russ Money and Scott Jund playing "Minecraft: the dark decent"
that just made me think "damn... Why doesn't Amnesia have multiplayer..."
I mean there's like World of Warcraft private servers, there's Maple story private servers etc...
Wouldn't it be possible to make Amnesia online like that?
I don't know if its possible cause I don't know anything about that,
but I'm quite sure that there's people on this forum that do know about it...

But please just don't be all like "oh another Amnesia online thread... Delete!"
because I really want to start a serious thread about this.

But yeah guys i think it would be awesome don't you?

RE: Amnesia online... - Tanshaydar - 11-14-2011

It would be terrible, awful, and killer of the actual atmosphere Amnesia created. You just want to enjoy something you like in a different way, where Amnesia delivers fun with horror, a co-op will be unable to deliver that one specific fun, but entirely new kind of fun; which will remove the very essence of Amnesia itself.

RE: Amnesia online... - TheDavenia - 11-14-2011

(11-14-2011, 06:25 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote: It would be terrible, awful, and killer of the actual atmosphere Amnesia created. You just want to enjoy something you like in a different way, where Amnesia delivers fun with horror, a co-op will be unable to deliver that one specific fun, but entirely new kind of fun; which will remove the very essence of Amnesia itself.
Yeah but i wasn't talking about a co-op,
I mean more like just you can play custom story's and all that together...
But yeah personally i think it would be awesome though...

Ummm, people might want to create stories for multiplayer and singleplayer separately, like HL2 mods are either single or multi, or even both.

In that case that might be fun, but for map packs to be played multiplayer; it must be implemented in Amnesia itself, which will never ever never happen.

RE: Amnesia online... - Arvuti - 11-14-2011

The only way a multiplayer Amnesia would work is if it was set in a big survival map. The one player being daniel and few others being the monsters, Daniel would have to survive as long as possible. Would get really tense since monsters actually would be smart, unlike in amnesia.

Sadly due to the HPL2 engine, it would be impossible to do anything like that and I don't think it will be possible in HPL3 as well.

RE: Amnesia online... - TheDavenia - 11-14-2011

(11-14-2011, 08:11 PM)Arvuti Wrote: The only way a multiplayer Amnesia would work is if it was set in a big survival map. The one player being daniel and few others being the monsters, Daniel would have to survive as long as possible. Would get really tense since monsters actually would be smart, unlike in amnesia.

Sadly due to the HPL2 engine, it would be impossible to do anything like that and I don't think it will be possible in HPL3 as well.
Yeah that would be pretty awesome...

(11-14-2011, 08:11 PM)Arvuti Wrote: Sadly due to the HPL2 engine, it would be impossible to do anything like that and I don't think it will be possible in HPL3 as well.
Developers already stated that they will stick with single player experience.

RE: Amnesia online... - J.R.S.S. - 11-14-2011

One of Man's fears is the fear of being alone. Facing fear with a friend will give you strength. You must not have strength. You must not have courage. You must not have hope. You must be alone; for alone is the absence of a presence, as what Fear is to a Man.