Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Multiplayer/Co-Op & Frictional Games? NO!!! - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: Multiplayer/Co-Op & Frictional Games? NO!!! (/thread-20831.html)

RE: Multiplayer Idea (Long text) - Hunter of Shadows - 11-21-2011

(11-19-2011, 12:14 PM)kman Wrote: beat ya to it hunter
rofl

Quote: I understand it is a trend of users with high post count to reply with snob image quotes rather than actual coherent responses, but I would still appreciate any insight on as to why the idea of a multiplayer is frowned upon so much. Do people think it will ruin the idea of the game?
I understand it is the trend of users to create new threads in forums they are new to without bothering to search beforehand to see if similar threads have been created(Actually scratch that, sometimes even people with large post counts do the same thing to), therefore making themselves look rather ignorant and annoying us when they get upset when we get annoyed with them when they do this

Especially when as stated before Frictional Games publicly stated they won't ever do any multiplayer for Amnesia

Quote: Multiplayer games are pieces of crap.
That's such an ignorant and close-minded statement, while I agree Amnesia should never ever have anything to do with multiplayer, there are a lot of fantastically fun multiplayer games out there, I love my multiplayer, don't you dare diss it

RE: Multiplayer Idea (Long text) - BlueFury - 11-21-2011

(11-21-2011, 05:22 PM)Googolplex Wrote: Multiplayer games are pieces of crap.
forever alone :3 just kidding

good job bro, you actually put some effort into ur thread unlike most of these
you're definitely not the first one.

RE: Amnesia should have CO-OP... ;P - Shadowman60 - 12-04-2011

There is 1 human, while monsters have Co-operative play.

RE: Amnesia should have CO-OP... ;P - Hunter of Shadows - 12-04-2011

HERE WE GO BACK TO BEATING A DEAD HORSE AGAIN

New Amnesia, multiplayer ? - zober - 02-18-2012

As everyone know, a new amnesia is being created and Me and some friends were discussing how much fun it would be if you could play multiplayer (2-4 players). For example, one would have to each other's help to "boost" up a friend on a shelf and there is a key one would need to get ahead in the game.

Some suggestions for how to develop the multiplayer in amnesia:

One should not be able to block each other at the doors, etc.
They run through their team players (Left 4 Dead style) rather than to stop and get blocked
You must corporate with your teammate/s to make progress through the puzzles
If you want to get "boosted" up to a shelf. You press a button on your keyboard so you can be boosted up.

These are some thoughts that have been spun in my head and it would be funny if it came in the new amnesia game.
And of course, you could choose between Single and Multiplayer.

Please, discuss around this subject.

With best regards
zober.

RE: New Amnesia, multiplayer ? - darkely - 02-18-2012

It sounds like an ok idea but Amnesia just seems like a game more fit to play alone :/. Besides Amnesia is not really meant for combat its for the story, problem solving, and stealth/sneaking. I can see some good things coming out of it but I can also see it becoming a big failure...

RE: New Amnesia, multiplayer ? - zober - 02-18-2012

I agree with you Darkely Smile Amnesia is designed to play alone and therefore I think it would be fun to try to play the multiplayer, so you can choose between Single and Multiplayer.

RE: New Amnesia, multiplayer ? - darkely - 02-18-2012

If they choose to include multiplayer some might use it but I doubt it will be played with that often :/

RE: New Amnesia, multiplayer ? - zober - 02-18-2012

I think everyone would start to play Singleplayer and i think actually, many would try out the Multiplayer part, play with some friends and get scared as hell. I think it could work actually.

RE: New Amnesia, multiplayer ? - darkely - 02-19-2012

Ya you never know Smile. I dont think that FG has made a multi-player game before tbh so it would be interesting to see what they would do.