Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Multiplayer/Co-Op & Frictional Games? NO!!! - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: Multiplayer/Co-Op & Frictional Games? NO!!! (/thread-20831.html)

RE: New Amnesia, multiplayer ? - Atwa - 02-20-2012

(02-20-2012, 04:34 PM)zober Wrote: How can you be so sure? Haha.
Try playing a horror game with a friend, ANY and just have them sitting next to you. Or watch a movie you find scary. There is nothing scary left, trust me I have tried.

RE: New Amnesia, multiplayer ? - ZraloK - 02-20-2012

(02-18-2012, 11:57 PM)darkely Wrote: If they choose to include multiplayer some might use it but I doubt it will be played with that often :/
^this in a sense

It should be something "included" or i would think of "added-on"
It should be created as single player, but maybe with a multi-player added-on, the ole skype with buddies technique gets tedious when trying to figure out where everybody is at.

RE: New Amnesia, multiplayer ? - zober - 02-20-2012

yeah a multiplayer Add-on, for those who want to try the multiplayer. But the game should ofc be created as singleplayer.

RE: New Amnesia, multiplayer ? - Traggey - 02-22-2012

There's no way one could immerise themselves in a storyline the same way we've done with the previous FG games if it was multiplayer. Your friend runs off to see this thing happen, while you're looting a room, suddenly a monster appears and you're just left going.. Wtf just happened?

RE: New Amnesia, multiplayer ? - CorinthianMerchant - 02-22-2012

This is a great idea, why not take away that silly lantern, and give him a shotgun instead? Or a rocket launcher, or an attack helicopter? Big Grin

And why not name their next game "Call of Duty"? Tongue

Spoiler below!
Why do you want to destroy FG's fantastic games with this nonsense!!?

Give me a really good explanation!!!!

(02-19-2012, 09:10 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote:
Spoiler below!
[Image: you-must-be-new-here-willy-wonka.jpg]

I think so too...

RE: New Amnesia, multiplayer ? - darkely - 02-22-2012

^Wait your forgetting the servers filled with stupid f*cking c*nts with no lives cursing people out at random...

Co-op mode? - trymeh159 - 03-20-2012

i think it would be really cool to have a co op mode in this game where you can play with ppl online

RE: Co-op mode? - Googolplex - 03-20-2012

No No No!
This co-op action fun is the worst bullcrap games can have.
It will destroy atmopsphere, the feelings to be alone, the story and gameplay.
Amnesia is not designed to be for fun. Amnesia is some kind of epic masterpiece and that's good!

When you want co-oop then play Battlefield or an other action blockbuster.
Amnesia is made to be horror, not for fun!

RE: Co-op mode? - trymeh159 - 03-20-2012

this game is not meant to be fun? wtf lol. i had alot of fun playing, the scary parts are the fun parts. but when i imagine playing with someone online it would just spice things up.

RE: Co-op mode? - Tanshaydar - 03-20-2012

It's this thread again...

Hi and welcome to forum. I don't mean to be rude but the question you propose has been discussed countless times and instead of a new topic, I'd suggest you to search the old ones and read through them so you can understand why co-op never works for horror games.

If you want a Left 4 Dead or Resident Evil 5, this game will never be one of them.