Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Multiplayer/Co-Op & Frictional Games? NO!!! - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: Multiplayer/Co-Op & Frictional Games? NO!!! (/thread-20831.html)

RE: How to make an immersion-friendly co-op - Ghieri - 07-19-2012

Aye, Good luck Traggey. I'd really love to see how that works.

(Also, more than casually interested in game design!)

RE: New Amnesia, multiplayer ? - Waffle - 08-20-2012

A 2 player co-op for amnesia would be awesome, "loloo would ruin horror experience"

It would not.

Ive asked many people on steam and such and they said they wanted it badly.

RE: New Amnesia, multiplayer ? - CorinthianMerchant - 08-20-2012

[Image: Noob_3101248.jpg]

RE: New Amnesia, multiplayer ? - Kman - 08-20-2012

HEY GUYS HOW ABOUT WE DISCUSS THE SAME OLD TOPIC THAT'S BEEN DISCUSSED A MILLION TIMES IN A MILLION DIFFERENT THREADS.

RE: New Amnesia, multiplayer ? - Prelauncher - 08-20-2012

(08-20-2012, 06:46 PM)Kman Wrote: HEY GUYS HOW ABOUT WE DISCUSS THE SAME OLD TOPIC THAT'S BEEN DISCUSSED A MILLION TIMES IN A MILLION DIFFERENT THREADS.
SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT IDEA!!! I'LL GO REVIVE SOME OF THE LAST YEARS THREADS AND THEN MAKE A FEW NEW THREADS ABOUT HOW ANNOYING ALL THE LETS PLAY AND JUMPSCARE THREADS ARE!!!

RE: New Amnesia, multiplayer ? - Traggey - 08-20-2012

Thread closed.

Multiplayer Poll/Discussion - The Rock Worm - 09-09-2012

I just had a thought for a future Frictional Games Adventure, should a 'Multiplayer' option be in the game? If not another human player, then it could be an NPC character.

I think it could add to the story, though an NPC friend would probably work better in my opinion. You wouldn't have to wait for another human to play that way. what do you think?

RE: Multiplayer Poll/Discussion - Danny Boy - 09-09-2012

This has been discussed more than enough times on this forum. And It has been concluded that horror and multiplayer do not mix well. therefore, no they will not make a multiplayer option if the game is a horror.

RE: Multiplayer Poll/Discussion - brute360 - 09-09-2012

Human friend, because i like to play games over LAN with my brother.

RE: Multiplayer Poll/Discussion - The Rock Worm - 09-09-2012

(09-09-2012, 12:26 AM)Danny Boy Wrote: This has been discussed more than enough times on this forum. And It has been concluded that horror and multiplayer do not mix well. therefore, no they will not make a multiplayer option if the game is a horror.
I did not realized this was discussed before. So you're saying the following idea wouldn't work:

"You lived in a normal town, out at a restaurant with your friends when screams and roars can be heard outside! People everywhere are running wild from something. During the mad rush that started indoors, you were knocked cold. Upon waking up, your friends are missing; everything is a mess; and dead silence reigns!"