Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Multiplayer/Co-Op & Frictional Games? NO!!! - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: Multiplayer/Co-Op & Frictional Games? NO!!! (/thread-20831.html)

RE: Multiplayer mod idea - sufferedpain - 10-08-2012

Hello there everyone!

I really want to share this "plan" with ya' all! It simple i guess , probably.... In my idea there's only one kind of "racers"/players : Humans. The maps have been created , because the playing fields are custom maps and the ordinary game castle. However you can play with your friends at the same time on servers. Servers can load maps ,any sort of 'fields'. There are two ways to finish . ( maybe more it depends on the map editors) First : actually it will happen the most times ,the ending is ,that everyone dies by the antagonists. Second way: The first person succesfully completes the whole story and reach the end of the "playing field". Soo it could be a race against your bros. Dont count with huge amount of people ... three or four folks are might enough/ servers.... That's all thanks if you read it and spent time for this, I appreciate critics replies just do it it help me a lot and if anybody has this idea before sorry for the repeating... Wink

RE: Multiplayer mod idea - CorinthianMerchant - 10-08-2012

[Image: CfL9%5B1%5D.jpeg]

RE: Multiplayer Poll/Discussion - CorinthianMerchant - 10-08-2012

Spoiler below!
[Image: kenpark-suicide.gif?w=390&h=285]

RE: Multiplayer mod idea - Hardarm - 10-08-2012

(10-08-2012, 12:39 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote: [Image: CfL9%5B1%5D.jpeg]

RE: Multiplayer mod idea - Statyk - 10-08-2012

Multiplayer is already being discussed, please do not bump an old thread.

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-18225.html

RE: Multiplayer Poll/Discussion - The Rock Worm - 10-09-2012

Please don't show that gif again here. I try to keep stuff I post so that anyone could see it. What if someone saw that who shouldn't? At least don't show it in my threads.

Besides, what does that have to do with the topic???

RE: Multiplayer Poll/Discussion - Kman - 10-09-2012

...Pretty sure it's fake.

RE: Multiplayer Poll/Discussion - Mehis - 10-09-2012

(10-06-2012, 03:36 AM)Acies Wrote: Frictional games is a small indie company. Having them develope a multiplayer mode which they feel content with releasing might be outside of their budget.
So the guys who managed to create their own engine aren't able to create some kind of multiplay option?
Even though they would have to hire some kind of netcoder that wouldn't really affect their paycheck...

The question is will they decide to do it or not.

RE: Multiplayer Poll/Discussion - The Rock Worm - 10-09-2012

(10-09-2012, 02:44 PM)Mehis Wrote:
(10-06-2012, 03:36 AM)Acies Wrote: Frictional games is a small indie company. Having them develope a multiplayer mode which they feel content with releasing might be outside of their budget.
So the guys who managed to create their own engine aren't able to create some kind of multiplay option?
Even though they would have to hire some kind of netcoder that wouldn't really affect their paycheck...

The question is will they decide to do it or not.
It could be more than one factor in having a multiplayer/mre inteactive NPCs or not. If they are capable, then either the story is the deciding factor or if you would still get scared with having someone to talk to.

Now in Penumbra you do talk to NPCs (one in Overture, an one in Black Plague... well two if you count Clarence). With Amabel from Black Plague, having someone to help you/give you the answers you sought felt good... which made it that much more of an impact when something bad happens to that NPC.

Clarence, even though a 'NPC' he caused more trouble than help, though he was funny at times.

CorinthianMerchant, thank you for putting the image in a hidden spoiler Smile.

RE: Multiplayer Poll/Discussion - Ghieri - 10-09-2012

Quote: So the guys who managed to create their own engine aren't able to create some kind of multiplay option?
Server hosting is expensive. Unless they allow custom servers, or use an Ad Hoc system(like LAN) but honestly, how many of us live close enough together for that?