Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Multiplayer/Co-Op & Frictional Games? NO!!! - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: Multiplayer/Co-Op & Frictional Games? NO!!! (/thread-20831.html)

RE: MP COOP mode for penumbra - Kedjane - 03-08-2008

WindexGlow Wrote:Hardly ked; Penumbra physics are extremely precise.

The model of phylip would look horrible using HPL. I don't think HPL supports 'head movement' besides animation. Also, holding a box would look even more stupid; unless it's simply making it up in the air.

Alot of idiots seem to think that Frictional Games has a ton of money and artists to create new puzzles/levels and online support.
Well, what exactly is so "precise" about Penumbras physics? I've seen plenty of people make similar physics in online games, both for small projects and major games such as Half Life 2 and Crysis (Which both has working online physics, no?).
Why would a model of Philip look horrible? I think both the dead scientist in the beginning of the game and you know who (who is dead *wink*) look great. I wouldn't have a problem with people holding stuff in the air, that's just the way it is in Half Life 2.

And no, we don't think Frictional are Valve or Capcom, but this is a "what if" thread. We're discussing a something that is most likely never going to happen at all, just for the fun of it, so go whine somewhere about system requirements elsewjere.

Jeremy-Bailey Wrote:I can picture 8 Philip's all in one area beating up one dog. in other words, overkill and easy. I had played decent 3 and even call of duty online, they're fun, but that's because there are lots more enemies, and at least with descent 3, various places to wander off and kill more enemies.
And there comes just the idiocy I was talking about earlier. Ofcourse there wouldn't be 8 player matches with lots of Philips, weapons and single, weak enemies.

RE: MP COOP mode for penumbra - Fatbaticus - 03-09-2008

Yeah I voted single player because penumbra isn't ment to be on the net! It's ment to be a single player horror adventure! *cough* I don't think there will be anything like this and if there is I would laugh but i would give it a go but Tongue

RE: MP COOP mode for penumbra - Kedjane - 03-09-2008

I've started scetching on how a multiplayer campaign could work. In a couple of years I'll start creating games myself and it will definately be this kind.

RE: Multiplayer Idea. - Fatbaticus - 03-10-2008

nackidno Wrote:No, i don't like the idea, singleplayer is best for any horror games, except FEAR.

You right penumbra and other horror games are good for single player only! except F.E.A.R. Tongue

RE: Multiplayer Idea. - Guest - 03-10-2008

roadkiller Wrote:
nackidno Wrote:No, i don't like the idea, singleplayer is best for any horror games, except FEAR.

You right penumbra and other horror games are good for single player only! except F.E.A.R. Tongue

I agree, for games such as Penumbra singleplayer works best. I would not like mulitplayer on it.

RE: Multiplayer Idea. - Kennyboy000 - 03-10-2008

RPG Game would be cool for it

RE: Multiplayer Idea. - jo291 - 03-10-2008

roadkiller Wrote:

what about s.t.a.l.k.e.r shawdow of chernoyble?

RE: Multiplayer Idea. - Kennyboy000 - 03-11-2008

Why Didnt Jens or Thomas (I thought it was Thomas o_O) Post in here yet >.< Also, Since i'm fairly new (I just killed The woman in Black Plague D: Damn that scream ... Stupid Guy in my head xD ) ... is Jens a Dev ?

RE: Multiplayer Idea. - Kedjane - 03-11-2008

Kennyboy000 Wrote:Why Didnt Jens or Thomas (I thought it was Thomas o_O) Post in here yet >.< Also, Since i'm fairly new (I just killed The woman in Black Plague D: Damn that scream ... Stupid Guy in my head xD ) ... is Jens a Dev ?
Yeah, I'm quite sure Jens is. I havn't got a clue what he does, though the credits say he's making the music I think.

RE: Multiplayer Idea. - WindexGlow - 03-11-2008

Jens is the sound engineer (farts in a microphone and calls it wind) and forum-maintainer. He's also the frictional game's official plumber.

http://tour.frictionalgames.com/