Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Multiplayer/Co-Op & Frictional Games? NO!!! - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: Multiplayer/Co-Op & Frictional Games? NO!!! (/thread-20831.html)

RE: Multiplayer Idea. - Kennyboy000 - 03-24-2008

Yeah (Can anybody help me with this problem?) , Only Co-op would do good in this game, Or else it would take the entire gameplay of fun away ..

RE: Multiplayer Idea. - jo291 - 03-24-2008

Kennyboy000 Wrote:Yeah (Can anybody help me with this problem?) , Only Co-op would do good in this game, Or else it would take the entire gameplay of fun away ..
make your own thread in technical support about your problem insted of deraling the thread.

RE: Multiplayer Idea. - MercenaryForHire - 03-24-2008

jo291 Wrote:make your own thread in technical support about your problem insted of deraling the thread.

Indeed. I'm pretty sure the CTD at that area is resolved by the v1.01 patch - go get it, apply it, and play.

RE: Multiplayer Idea. - Kennyboy000 - 03-26-2008

Calm down >.> Sheesh. i'm not derailing it. I'm still keeping part On-Topic, Plus its my thread,MINE!! *Ahem* . Any news if Jens or Thomas are checking out the Co-Op idea yet ?

RE: Multiplayer Idea. - jo291 - 03-27-2008

Kennyboy000 Wrote:Calm down >.> Sheesh. i'm not derailing it. I'm still keeping part On-Topic, Plus its my thread,MINE!! *Ahem* . Any news if Jens or Thomas are checking out the Co-Op idea yet ?
your going off topic by talking about something other then the threads subject. just because its your thread. dosent mean you have the right to break the rules!

RE: Multiplayer Idea. - Kennyboy000 - 03-28-2008

I'll just repeat myself then .. "Any news if Jens or Thomas are checking out the Co-Op idea yet?"

RE: Multiplayer Idea. - Kedjane - 03-28-2008

God knows, no, not even he knows if they are in this thread. Even if so they are likely going to make another singleplayer game next, making multiplayer games is hard.

RE: Multiplayer Idea. - Penumbra - 03-28-2008

Hard? They are makings a HPL2 engine. I'm pretty sure they could pull of multiplayer just fine.

RE: Multiplayer Idea. - Kedjane - 03-29-2008

Penumbra Wrote:Hard? They are makings a HPL2 engine. I'm pretty sure they could pull of multiplayer just fine.
I mean really hard.
You'd have to make player models, animate the models, make both players able to see eachother, make the players unable to go through eachother, program all scripted sequences to work for two players, make items obtainable for both players and separate the two players inventories. Ofcourse all possible enemies would have to retarget, and all physics need to work with two players aswell (Even if two players grab the same object).
Then ofcourse there could be countless glitches if players use objects on eachother, jump onto eachother, crawl under eachother, hit eachother and so on.
In the first Coop thread WindexGlow brought up some other problems: such precise physics would not be able to transfer over the internet (for some reason), HPL doesn't support head movement besides animation and people would be holding things using telekenesis (There aren't any hands, like in Crysis).

RE: Multiplayer Idea. - Kennyboy000 - 03-29-2008

Hmm . Thanks for the good update.