Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
[REQUEST] New walls? - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods - Development (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-38.html)
+--- Thread: [REQUEST] New walls? (/thread-20988.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: New walls? - OriginalUsername - 04-01-2013

(04-01-2013, 06:33 PM)Acies Wrote:
Spoiler below!
[Image: Geometry-Suggestion.png]

Remove red, make like green. Will look exactly the same, perform better. Image might be hard to "read" .. : ]

Oh those edges, I get it. I'm still new to this :p Thanks!

Okay, I'm done tweaking and adding textures. Now I'll just need to put it in the game somehow... I'll figure it out Wink

Sorry for spamming updates, but this is my first model and I'm nervous if you guys are going to like it..

RE: New walls? - Traggey - 04-01-2013

I've only really got one complaint, I see a Maya interface!

Otherwise, good for a first model!

(04-01-2013, 09:41 PM)Traggey Wrote: I've only really got one complaint, I see a Maya interface!

Otherwise, good for a first model!

Whats wrong with maya? And thanks!

RE: New walls? - Streetboat - 04-02-2013

I like where this thread is going!

RE: New walls? - Statyk - 04-02-2013

Nothing is wrong with Maya, Traggey just prefers 3DS Max.

How's the wireframe look?

RE: New walls? - OriginalUsername - 04-02-2013

(04-02-2013, 05:00 AM)Streetboat Wrote: I like where this thread is going!

I'm going to make an new thread in the resources section when I'm done figuring out how to put this wall in amnesia. Then I'm going to add a short version, a window, doorway, doorframe, maybe a ceiling, extensions perhaps, etc. So don't expect too much in the very near future Wink

(04-02-2013, 05:03 AM)Statyk Wrote: Nothing is wrong with Maya, Traggey just prefers 3DS Max.

How's the wireframe look?

Like this:
Spoiler below!
[Image: Ork80yW.png]

RE: New walls? - Streetboat - 04-02-2013

What I meant, really, was that I appreciate you taking the time to make your own assets, rather than waiting for someone to make them for you. Smile

I was a royal pain in the ass about asking people to make stuff for me some time ago and I never got anywhere with it, I think your method is far more respectable. Tongue

RE: New walls? - OriginalUsername - 04-02-2013

(04-02-2013, 06:53 AM)Streetboat Wrote: What I meant, really, was that I appreciate you taking the time to make your own assets, rather than waiting for someone to make them for you. Smile

I was a royal pain in the ass about asking people to make stuff for me some time ago and I never got anywhere with it, I think your method is far more respectable. Tongue

Agreed. It's always awkward to ask other people for my models. I'm definitely not the best (I still have to figure out how to put them in amnesia..) but I'll try to make them for everyone once I'm a bit more experienced.

RE: New walls? - Statyk - 04-02-2013

Good job on the wireframe. =] I'd suggest taking some long edges off those cylinders and it'd be good to go, but other than that, everything looks awesome. Nice!