Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Cannot be unseen... - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Frictional Games (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: Cannot be unseen... (/thread-21026.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Cannot be unseen... - Kman - 04-03-2013

(04-03-2013, 05:33 PM)Robosprog Wrote:
(04-03-2013, 05:28 PM)Kman Wrote: Well in case you were unaware it's pretty normal to be disturbed by that stuff, just cause you're desensitized to it doesn't change that. That's like a hardcore druggie saying "wow you can't do 10 lines of cocaine without passing out lol pussy"

I haven't seen pictures of a dead person on /r/spacedicks yet, and the saw franchise is gore yet that doesn't mean everyone is disturbed by that, hell, it's so OTT that a lot of people laugh at it. Don't take the sites that I used as an example and change what is in them. I have yet to see a dead person on /r/spacedicks, as previously stated. Hell, I don't know what it's like where you lot are but we laugh (in leicester, UK) at videos like:

because a lot of the time it's the persons stupidity that does it, yes, I am not saying it isn't normal to be a little disturbed/shocked when that happens but to go out and say it scars them for life is pretty pathetic.

I wasn't talking about spacedicks in that post, you said "gore, r/spacedicks etc" and so I responded to gore. There's a distinct difference between gore in a movie and actual deaths/intense injuries being filmed or photographed and put online, don't even try to deny that. Sure they may look exactly the same, but it's the actual thought of "this actually happened" that's usually what grosses people out so bad, at least from my experience. And since you don't seem to get this, not everyone's brain works the same way as yours. Go up to 100 people and show them a picture of a guy with his chest split open and I guarantee you you'd get 100 different reactions. It's like when people say that everyone who commits suicide is pathetic cause they were sad once and so they know what it's like to have depression and they just pulled through it. It's not pathetic that their mind interprets stuff different than you, it's just different.

Also for the record that whole incident with my brother only really scarred me because I obviously had more of an emotional attachment to him and because of the panic of the situation, I still find gore stuff online fucking nasty and try to stay away from it, but I wouldn't really say that sort of stuff is scarring (for me at least).

RE: Cannot be unseen... - Ghieri - 04-03-2013

When I saw lp's of Amnesia(Such as PewdiePie) I could not unsee the ideas presented. So the grunt is no longer a terror to me, he is that rascally neighbor who always slips a whoopie cushion into your couch when you forget to lock the door.

Damn whoopies...

RE: Cannot be unseen... - Froge - 04-04-2013

Warning: Disgusting

Spoiler below!
[Image: S9tt8RJl.jpg]

RE: Cannot be unseen... - Tiger - 04-04-2013

(04-04-2013, 12:08 AM)Chronofox Wrote: Warning: Disgusting

Spoiler below!
[Image: S9tt8RJl.jpg]

aw dude, wtf! Curiosity killed the cat I guess. Quite literally...But not really.

RE: Cannot be unseen... - Wooderson - 04-04-2013

What is it?

RE: Cannot be unseen... - Tiger - 04-04-2013

(04-04-2013, 12:38 AM)Wooderson Wrote: What is it?

a weird insect. Not that disgusting to be honest, but a little.

RE: Cannot be unseen... - str4wberrypanic - 04-04-2013

This scared the shit out of me.

RE: Cannot be unseen... - Focalize - 04-04-2013

(04-03-2013, 10:07 PM)Zaffre Wrote:
(04-03-2013, 06:39 PM)Mine Turtle Wrote:
Spoiler below!

[Image: 1675_496314090423847_728432068_n.jpg]

Yeah, I think this is thread-worthy. This image literally burnt a hole in my mind. It's fucked up. You have been warned.
The cat would probably want to die in that case ._.

Eh, I might actually consider doing that if I really loved my cat too.
I've also read/seen somewhere that this lady created a synthetic diamond ring with the ashes of her (obviously dead) cat. I should start collecting ashes of dead people I used to know and dye each of them a different color and synthesize a rainbow diamond and carve poetry dedicated to each person/animal in micro fonts on it and sleep beside it every night Big Grin Compared to the guy that made the catcopter, it's perfectly sane.

Spoiler below!

Not cat-related.
This is just hard to watch, the clash of sympathy and disgust.
Lastly if you're good at creating vivid imagery in your mind, the book Black Rain by Ibuse, mostly burnt people; watch the movie, it gave me killer cramps and I had to rush into the bathroom and blackout on the floor for three seconds before gravity restored blood into my head. This post is too long, I shall refrain from typing now.

RE: Cannot be unseen... - Josh The Biker - 04-04-2013

hmmm let's read a fanfic about my fetish
oh shit it's a gorefic
*sleeps with light on*

RE: Cannot be unseen... - Statyk - 04-04-2013

Can we set a rule here considering this a thread for disturbing imagery, videos, reads, etc? If you're going to post something, give a brief summary of what you're putting in spoilers. Don't just put "WARNING:" We obviously know something icky is lurking behind the spoilers, and people ARE CURIOUS. Put a brief summary of what you have so people go in prepared. Thanks guys =]