Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
What happens after death? - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Frictional Games (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: What happens after death? (/thread-21233.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: What happens after death? - MyRedNeptune - 04-21-2013

Here's an interesting question. What did you feel before you were born? What was it like to not exist? You didn't exist before you were born - in a sense, you were dead.

RE: What happens after death? - Bridge - 04-22-2013

(04-21-2013, 11:29 PM)Hirnwirbel Wrote: Personally, nothingness doesn't make me afraid. In fact, the prospect of an eternal life or infinite reincarnation without memory-wipe would fill me with much more fear. Just try to imagine, what that would be like... It may seem like a great thing at first, due to one's built-in will to survive and avoid death. But if you really think about it - could you handle living forever? I'm sure I couldn't. I think I'd go insane, sooner or later, feeling caged and being unable to cope with the concept of having this infinite timespan in front of me.

Yep, pretty much my thoughts as well. Here's a fun little video that's relevant to the discussion:

RE: What happens after death? - WALP - 04-22-2013

(04-21-2013, 11:29 PM)Hirnwirbel Wrote: Ah, my dear Bridge... for some reason I often hear this posh, british (and infuriatingly condescending) voice in my head when I read your posts. Wink
I have to say though, I'm completely agreeing with your sound reasoning here. Nothingness is indeed the most logical assumption for what happens after death.

Personally, nothingness doesn't make me afraid. In fact, the prospect of an eternal life or infinite reincarnation without memory-wipe would fill me with much more fear. Just try to imagine, what that would be like... It may seem like a great thing at first, due to one's built-in will to survive and avoid death. But if you really think about it - could you handle living forever? I'm sure I couldn't. I think I'd go insane, sooner or later, feeling caged and being unable to cope with the concept of having this infinite timespan in front of me.
Sometimes when I sit in my bed in darkness, a siteration where I must just lie still until I fall sleep and must not do anything else, and I start getting these existence thoughts, and the atmosfere directs them in a negative direction, everything seems meaningless I get this real horrible feeling,cant stop shaking, nothing matters, almost as if something doesent want me thinking this because thats the truth and this something wants me to keep living the nice lies and I want to keep living the nice lies so I can get rid of this horrible feeling but my mind keeps thinking anyway for there is nothing to distract me in the darkness and I just keep shaking and feel that even violent torture in a gulag would be better then this....then I realize...

Im going to die

I wont be caught in this forever for death will allow me to escape this, and I can hopefully calm down.

I remember when I first encountered this feeling I was really freaked out by it because I could not find my escape in it. It could even occur in the middle of the day where there was plenty of distractions because I did not know anything valid enough to counter it. I was caught in paradoxes.

But I am happy that I will just die, it makes me brave, ready to face reality with a strong face expression for no matter what it throws at me death will accompany me on my journey.

But theres more to it then that,reality is not just a meaningless life that we can survive by having death as a backup.

The seed of these evil thoughts is logic or whatever you wanna call it.
that thing that says things have a reason.

logic says that nothing makes sence because what decides that reality should exist at all?, and what decides that reason should exist?
sure you could escape this problem by having an infinite past of reasons, or a time loop but what would cause the infinite past or loop to exist?

In the end we end up with a paradox state where mr logic cant even decide that something should not exist and it truly becomes a fucked up paradox.

But we exist

reality exist. we have an outcome, for we reality and everything rebelled against mr logic, we told him that just because we dont make sence it does not mean that he has authority over us, it does not mean that he is automatically right, no

the existence of reality shows that we won. we won and we told him that he shall no longer tell that everything is meaningless, because that is not to be decided by logic and science, thats simply ridiculous to let reality fall to such a dictatorship.

Existence is Meaningful.

RE: What happens after death? - Froge - 04-22-2013

And no one took my Universe Is A Prick idea seriously?

RE: What happens after death? - WALP - 04-22-2013

(04-22-2013, 12:48 AM)Chronofluff Wrote: And no one took my Universe Is A Prick idea seriously?
I read it before you asked this but I did not know what to say to it.
Honestly it did kinda read like a joke in my mind. just wanted you to know that I care about you enough to write this message.

RE: What happens after death? - Froge - 04-22-2013

The thing is, it's equally as likely as any other theory about what happens after death.

RE: What happens after death? - FlawlessHappiness - 04-22-2013

It IS equally as likely, but it isn't something you'd hope for, and therefore not something you'd want to believe in Smile

RE: What happens after death? - Kman - 04-22-2013

you put in dah ground nigga

RE: What happens after death? - Kurton - 04-22-2013

(04-22-2013, 06:40 AM)Kman Wrote: you put in dah ground nigga

worms eatin yo ass all up das rite

RE: What happens after death? - FlawlessHappiness - 04-22-2013

(04-22-2013, 06:43 AM)Kurton Wrote:
(04-22-2013, 06:40 AM)Kman Wrote: you put in dah ground nigga

worms eatin yo ass all up das rite

'n shit