Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Bitterwood Peak (RELEASE) - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-35.html)
+---- Forum: Showcase (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-36.html)
+---- Thread: Bitterwood Peak (RELEASE) (/thread-21275.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: Bitterwood Peak (RELEASE) - WALP - 04-27-2013

(04-27-2013, 06:15 PM)ClayPigeon Wrote:
(04-27-2013, 06:43 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: Can you remove the dogs? Just for me. I felt that they make the mod (to me personally) sucky-ish.

Meanwhile,
Spoiler below!

at the Wine Cellar,

A dog was chasing me and I defend myself while standing in a box. And I said to myself, is this how I die? And then I die.

I'd rephrase that request to a suggestion:
"I suggest you to remove the dogs, as I feel like they are lessening the mod's quality"

Asking someone to remake and reupload such a massive mod for someone, would not bring any use.

I havent finished the mod yet but I actually think the wolfes are quite important and that they greatly enchance the experience. the fear of the wolfes and the music combined makes me take it slowly as I search the building. the fact that the wolfes have no music themselfes make them fit in well with the music as well rather then being an interuption....it makes it less scary on the short term but more fluid and tense in long term.

The only times I have found myself running around the house(despite having already been in everyroom about 5-10 times) is when a wolf was chasing me, so I think that says a lot about their effect on the mods pace.

RE: Bitterwood Peak (RELEASE) - darkely - 04-28-2013

I suggest you upload this to mediafire or something, because the download is horribly slow. Of course it is ultimately your decision to or not, but you may want to consider it.

Also no my internet connection is not that bad...
[Image: 2674191273.png]

RE: Bitterwood Peak (RELEASE) - WALP - 04-28-2013

(04-28-2013, 05:33 AM)darkely Wrote: I suggest you upload this to mediafire or something, because the download is horribly slow. Of course it is ultimately your decision to or not, but you may want to consider it.

am I allowed to share this link?
http://www.mediafire.com/?0qw8f8yf4ftn2w3

RE: Bitterwood Peak (RELEASE) - Streetboat - 04-28-2013

No. It's outdated.

I'll upload a new version to mediafire tomorrow.

RE: Bitterwood Peak (RELEASE) - darkely - 04-28-2013

(04-28-2013, 10:43 AM)Streetboat Wrote: No. It's outdated.

Warning: minor (very minor) spoilers ahead.

It's worth noting I found a game breaking bug (somewhat). At the beginning of the game where you crawl around the house (or whatever the first building is called) I found a small clearing where there are two distinct black rocks. I figured I should go that way since it didn't look the same and I couldn't find any other place to go.

However I went over one of them and then fell under the map. I did not die, but I could not move anywhere if I looked up I could see the trees and the building partially. I cannot really reproduce the bug again though. Maybe it was a minor map bug? I am not sure.

RE: Bitterwood Peak (RELEASE) - The chaser - 04-28-2013

(04-28-2013, 05:33 AM)darkely Wrote: I suggest you upload this to mediafire or something, because the download is horribly slow. Of course it is ultimately your decision to or not, but you may want to consider it.

Oh my god.

[Image: 2674693977.png]

Oh, wait. I had a thing downloading.

[Image: 2674699850.png]

RE: Bitterwood Peak (RELEASE) - Acies - 04-28-2013

[Image: 2674985139.png]

Edit: Sorry this went off topic. I believe dropbox has a better download speed than ModDB - and it's easy to use!

RE: Bitterwood Peak (RELEASE) - HumiliatioN - 04-28-2013

[Image: 2654046105.png]

Damn, Robosprog won this time.

RE: Bitterwood Peak (RELEASE) - Streetboat - 04-28-2013

(04-28-2013, 10:54 AM)darkely Wrote:
(04-28-2013, 10:43 AM)Streetboat Wrote: No. It's outdated.

Warning: minor (very minor) spoilers ahead.

It's worth noting I found a game breaking bug (somewhat). At the beginning of the game where you crawl around the house (or whatever the first building is called) I found a small clearing where there are two distinct black rocks. I figured I should go that way since it didn't look the same and I couldn't find any other place to go.

However I went over one of them and then fell under the map. I did not die, but I could not move anywhere if I looked up I could see the trees and the building partially. I cannot really reproduce the bug again though. Maybe it was a minor map bug? I am not sure.

Amnesia's glitchy like that sometimes, it could even happen in the main storyline. Sorry that happened, though. Sad

RE: Bitterwood Peak (RELEASE) - 7heDubz - 04-28-2013

(04-28-2013, 04:13 PM)HumiliatioN Wrote: [Image: 2654046105.png]
:O
Dear god.

[Image: 2675634786.png]