Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Bitterwood Peak (RELEASE) - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-35.html)
+---- Forum: Showcase (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-36.html)
+---- Thread: Bitterwood Peak (RELEASE) (/thread-21275.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: Bitterwood Peak (RELEASE) - raker50 - 04-29-2013

I love the custom story and I am giving a 10 out of 10 because it's a really good custom story and i am waiting for more of your custom story. good luck on the next one! Big Grin

RE: Bitterwood Peak (RELEASE) - darkely - 04-29-2013

I know you said that this is graphics intensive however this is ridiculous. My computer is capable of running Amnesia on high settings (except shadows which cause lag for me) and play easily (49FPS-55FPS). However with this CS the FPS is low to the point of being unplayable even with most settings turned down.

RE: Bitterwood Peak (RELEASE) - Streetboat - 04-29-2013

Did you download the optimized version?

Also, if your computer can run Amnesia EXCEPT for with shadows... then it really can't run Amnesia that well at all, can it? Tongue

(04-29-2013, 08:38 PM)Streetboat Wrote: Did you download the optimized version?

Also, if your computer can run Amnesia EXCEPT for with shadows... then it really can't run Amnesia that well at all, can it? Tongue

Nah. I'm pretty sure it can I meant to say it can run with Shadows at medium and the shadow resolution high. The "optimized" version still runs terribly slow... so I'm not sure what you "optimized".

Settings (click for full size):

[Image: XBlilbR.jpg]
[Image: GItJ4mu.jpg]
Also why the hell do the wolves (or dogs) have such a hard time navigating the area? like in certain areas it traps itself. It manages to get itself out, but it kind of takes away from the challenge imo.

RE: Bitterwood Peak (RELEASE) - WALP - 04-29-2013

(04-26-2013, 05:35 PM)Streetboat Wrote:
(04-26-2013, 11:04 AM)martinnord Wrote: (gentleman voice)Hello sir, your modification can be quite difficult at times and I have made it to a point were a must ask for assistance:
Spoiler below!

I have made it to the part were I have the small key, I have tried using it on the hatch in the wine cellar, the closet in the desktop upstairs(the room with the newspapers) as well as that door right across the pool/fun room. I have searched the entire house and have no clue what or where this little thing is and I am now clueless.

My current inventory:
tape by front door(first one)
tape by dead body
tape by newspapers
tape player
little key
cellphone recharger
some painkillers

should be it

Spoiler below!

If you're talking about the key you got from the newspapers, you use it on the room downstairs, one door down the hall from the bathroom. If you're talking about the other small key you get after that one, then you use it on the footlocker in the upstairs bedroom, the one that's open to the lobby.
Spoiler below!

So I cant really find this upper bedroom you're talking about, and I am not really sure what room the lobby is. I am thinking the bedroom might be behind that locked door on the third floor, but that leaves me stuck again as I have not been able to find anything to open it with.

(04-29-2013, 09:25 PM)martinnord Wrote:
(04-26-2013, 05:35 PM)Streetboat Wrote:
(04-26-2013, 11:04 AM)martinnord Wrote: (gentleman voice)Hello sir, your modification can be quite difficult at times and I have made it to a point were a must ask for assistance:
Spoiler below!

I have made it to the part were I have the small key, I have tried using it on the hatch in the wine cellar, the closet in the desktop upstairs(the room with the newspapers) as well as that door right across the pool/fun room. I have searched the entire house and have no clue what or where this little thing is and I am now clueless.

My current inventory:
tape by front door(first one)
tape by dead body
tape by newspapers
tape player
little key
cellphone recharger
some painkillers

should be it

Spoiler below!

If you're talking about the key you got from the newspapers, you use it on the room downstairs, one door down the hall from the bathroom. If you're talking about the other small key you get after that one, then you use it on the footlocker in the upstairs bedroom, the one that's open to the lobby.
Spoiler below!

So I cant really find this upper bedroom you're talking about, and I am not really sure what room the lobby is. I am thinking the bedroom might be behind that locked door on the third floor, but that leaves me stuck again as I have not been able to find anything to open it with.

Spoiler below!
There's another way into that room rather than through the door. Look at how it's constructed.

(04-29-2013, 08:48 PM)darkely Wrote:
(04-29-2013, 08:38 PM)Streetboat Wrote: Did you download the optimized version?

Nah. I'm pretty sure it can I meant to say it can run with Shadows at medium and the shadow resolution high. The "optimized" version still runs terribly slow... so I'm not sure what you "optimized".

Settings (click for full size):

[Image: XBlilbR.jpg]
[Image: GItJ4mu.jpg]
Also why the hell do the wolves (or dogs) have such a hard time navigating the area? like in certain areas it traps itself. It manages to get itself out, but it kind of takes away from the challenge imo.

I don't know what to say in regards to your software not working, because it's been optimized to hell and back. It's running as fast as it's ever gonna run.

And as per the wolves, I can't change that. That's just the Amnesia AI- I can only control it by placing patrolnodes every 10-15 feet, and they navigate using those. It doesn't always work. Also, when a creature is chasing you, it ignores patrolnodes and just uses a straight line to follow you, which is poor coding in my opinion, but I can't control it.

So Streetboat do you have any ideas?

I just replied to you.

(04-29-2013, 09:42 PM)Streetboat Wrote: I don't know what to say in regards to your software not working, because it's been optimized to hell and back. It's running as fast as it's ever gonna run.

I'm not sure what the heck could be wrong with my software. I have the same version of Amnesia as everyone else (with the Justine patch) and my hardware is capable of running it. The only thing that could be a problem is my GPU (Nvidia GeForce GT430 1GB) kind of weak, but apparently good enough to max out Amnesia.

Just out of curiosity what did you optimize (I'm not questioning you to be rude or anything btw)? like how do you do it? lower quality things or reducing the items or something?

Well originally I had
Spoiler below!
the bunker and the lodge as the same level, as well as the massive mountain range in the ending, so it had to render all of that. I split all of those up into separate levels. I also changed all the outside trees within the lodge level to low poly versions, and I made non-important entities near spotlights to not be shadowcasting. Acies noticed that some models I was using in the kitchen, the counters, had obnoxiously huge textures that were wasting space and processing power, so he downsized those a lot and it ran a lot smoother.