Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-50.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-51.html)
+--- Thread: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 (/thread-21385.html)

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - Romulator - 05-13-2013

(05-13-2013, 11:45 AM)Deep One Wrote:
(05-13-2013, 11:12 AM)Paddy Wrote: Good question, I hadn't noticed the focused "directionality" of the light before. Another question is if there's no inventory does this mean there are no oil refills or batteries anything along those lines? Or instead of managing your oil levels manually do you just have to depend on "refill stations" dotted around the game's world?

Likewise, if there's no inventory how do you heal wounds? CAN you heal wounds? How does one plan ahead in terms of managing your medicines and oil if you can't access them at will?

Hmmmm.

Maybe the monsters will always kill you with one hit so there's no need for medkits or laudanum. This would make monsters even more dangerous.

Or perhaps if you manage to find an unoccupied house, you could take a nap in the bed...

Taken from my FC CS: Achromatopsia (Focus replaces Sanity)
Spoiler below!

[Image: 317d5lf.jpg]

Allows you to get yourself full sanity and health perhaps.

Actually, just dug this up:
veganpeace Wrote:Domestic pigs are rarely aggressive. The only exceptions are sows with a young litter and boars if provoked.

Pigs have a great sense of smell. Their powerful but sensitive snout is a highly developed sense organ. Pigs also have a great field of vision, because their eyes are on the sides of their heads.
Pigs have four toes on each hoof, but only walk on two toes per foot.

A mature pig has 44 teeth.

A pig can run a 7 minute mile.
Source: http://www.veganpeace.com/animal_facts/Pigs.htm

So if you see a pig:
1) Do not attempt to provoke, no matter how convinced you may be to throw a chair at its back
2) Do not step into a pig's FOV. Sneaking behind it would work wonders.
3) Do not wear any clothing that exposes the skin for bite marks
4) They can smell fear... or sweat. Whichever comes first.
5) If you wanna run, make sure you're fit

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - Spaceman - 05-13-2013

(05-13-2013, 11:45 AM)Deep One Wrote:
(05-13-2013, 11:12 AM)Paddy Wrote: Good question, I hadn't noticed the focused "directionality" of the light before. Another question is if there's no inventory does this mean there are no oil refills or batteries anything along those lines? Or instead of managing your oil levels manually do you just have to depend on "refill stations" dotted around the game's world?

Likewise, if there's no inventory how do you heal wounds? CAN you heal wounds? How does one plan ahead in terms of managing your medicines and oil if you can't access them at will?

Hmmmm.

Maybe the monsters will always kill you with one hit so there's no need for medkits or laudanum. This would make monsters even more dangerous.

I really hope they don't do that. The whole reason the monsters was scary was that they didn't do a full 100% health damage to you, so if you got hit once your screen would go red, making you realise you were going to die (but hadn't yet) causing you to freak out even more. If you were wandering around and then all of a sudden one appeared and you got one hitted, it'd kill the atmosphere for me :/

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - Deep One - 05-13-2013

(05-13-2013, 12:12 PM)Spaceman Wrote:
(05-13-2013, 11:45 AM)Deep One Wrote: Maybe the monsters will always kill you with one hit so there's no need for medkits or laudanum. This would make monsters even more dangerous.

I really hope they don't do that. The whole reason the monsters was scary was that they didn't do a full 100% health damage to you, so if you got hit once your screen would go red, making you realise you were going to die (but hadn't yet) causing you to freak out even more. If you were wandering around and then all of a sudden one appeared and you got one hitted, it'd kill the atmosphere for me :/

Did the brutes destroy the atmosphere for you? They can kill you with one hit, you know.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - FlawlessHappiness - 05-13-2013

(05-13-2013, 12:35 PM)Deep One Wrote:
(05-13-2013, 12:12 PM)Spaceman Wrote:
(05-13-2013, 11:45 AM)Deep One Wrote: Maybe the monsters will always kill you with one hit so there's no need for medkits or laudanum. This would make monsters even more dangerous.

Did the brutes destroy the atmosphere for you? They can kill you with one hit, you know.

Exactly. If you are killed the immersion is ruined, though there need to be a threat.
You need to stabilize the threat so it's possible for the player to survive, and still having the threat

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - Kein - 05-13-2013

(05-13-2013, 11:18 AM)Ossie Wrote: So many questions ............. and so few answers. Smile

Just wait for the game and see yourself?

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - Deep One - 05-13-2013

(05-13-2013, 12:12 PM)Spaceman Wrote: If you were wandering around and then all of a sudden one appeared and you got one hitted, it'd kill the atmosphere for me :/

This depends of your playstyle. If you just run around while there are enemies around, you'll probably get killed very fast (the choir main hall, for example). However, if you are careful and play wisely, you will succeed. Unless the enemy jumps in front of you from a closet or something like that, but that won't happen in AAMFP (hopefully Smile )

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - GrAVit - 05-13-2013

To be honest, I kinda liked the inventory managing aspect of TDD.
I'm really having a hard time imagining how it will work in AMFP.

It will be like the Cogwheel in Justine. Take it with you :3

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - Slanderous - 05-13-2013

(05-13-2013, 01:46 PM)ROMul8r Wrote: It will be like the Cogwheel in Justine. Take it with you :3

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!.jpg

Perhaps a better example...
"This Weighted Companion Cube will accompany you through the test chamber. Please take care of it."