Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-50.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-51.html)
+--- Thread: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 (/thread-21385.html)

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - TiberiusBond - 05-13-2013

(05-13-2013, 12:51 PM)Kein Wrote:
(05-13-2013, 11:18 AM)Ossie Wrote: So many questions ............. and so few answers. Smile

Just wait for the game and see yourself?

[Image: WNDKwo6.gif]

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - Deep One - 05-13-2013

(05-13-2013, 03:23 PM)ROMul8r Wrote: Perhaps a better example...
"This Weighted Companion Cube will accompany you through the test chamber. Please take care of it."

Still after 5 years... I haven't forgiven GLaDOS. I simply can't.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - TerrorLantern - 05-13-2013

still really want the oculus rift support.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - blueberry - 05-13-2013

if you think back for a little bit you can notice how Oswald is breathing heavily as the monster kills another pig wouldn't it notice him when he turned the lantern on and off while the pig made an suspicious noise for a second? it sounded like it turned around too see what was behind it and when it looked for oswald it went trough some checking in the cages i would say that the monsters are smarter now and in big areas they are even smarter

(05-13-2013, 05:58 PM)Rich Pyro Wrote: if you think back for a little bit you can notice how Oswald is breathing heavily as the monster kills another pig

Excuse me, what another pig?

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - TiberiusBond - 05-13-2013

(05-13-2013, 05:20 PM)TerrorLantern Wrote: still really want the oculus rift support.

I'd probably shit too many pairs of pants in total fear if Amnesia used Oculus Rift. As if it wasn't scary enough...but I think it would be a great horror experience for sure

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - Derxor - 05-13-2013

(05-13-2013, 05:20 PM)TerrorLantern Wrote: still really want the oculus rift support.

I think maybe Among the Sleep got ahead of that, but really good idea

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - Spaceman - 05-13-2013

(05-13-2013, 01:09 PM)Deep One Wrote: This depends of your playstyle. If you just run around while there are enemies around, you'll probably get killed very fast (the choir main hall, for example). However, if you are careful and play wisely, you will succeed. Unless the enemy jumps in front of you from a closet or something like that, but that won't happen in AAMFP (hopefully Smile )

Don't forget there is scope for scripted chase events, and when the monsters do have the ability to outrun you, thats a total immersion killer if you just die cause you can't run fast enough.

(05-13-2013, 12:35 PM)Deep One Wrote: Did the brutes destroy the atmosphere for you? They can kill you with one hit, you know.

I don't remember the brutes ever killing me, I was always at high enough health that it brought me to within an inch of my life I think... Or at least thats what I remember.

(05-13-2013, 12:41 PM)BeeKayK Wrote: Exactly. If you are killed the immersion is ruined, though there need to be a threat.
You need to stabilize the threat so it's possible for the player to survive, and still having the threat

^ well put. Much more concise than my tired brain managed.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - felixmole - 05-13-2013

(05-13-2013, 12:12 PM)Spaceman Wrote: If you were wandering around and then all of a sudden one appeared and you got one hitted, it'd kill the atmosphere for me :/

Which doesn't really happen in TDD, you are always warned somehow that you should keep away from an approaching hazard. Which is, IIUC, likely to not be happening on AMFP according to the cunt DP who states the "monster danger" music won't be there

(05-13-2013, 07:37 PM)felixmole Wrote:
(05-13-2013, 12:12 PM)Spaceman Wrote: If you were wandering around and then all of a sudden one appeared and you got one hitted, it'd kill the atmosphere for me :/

Which doesn't really happen in TDD, you are always warned somehow that you should keep away from an approaching hazard. Which is, IIUC, likely to not be happening on AMFP according to the cunt DP who states the "monster danger" music won't be there

According to teasers, the monsters are far from silent. Loud monstrous noises are enough to warn player of nearby threat so monster theme is not necessary imo.