Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-50.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-51.html)
+--- Thread: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 (/thread-21385.html)

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - PutraenusAlivius - 05-16-2013

(05-16-2013, 03:04 PM)Psykljudet Wrote:
(05-16-2013, 02:44 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote:
(05-16-2013, 02:37 PM)Deep One Wrote:
(05-16-2013, 02:09 PM)ROMul8r Wrote: Good find, yet in the trailers they seem to be running from you (could be just FG making the trailer a little more spooky though). Any thoughts there?

Maybe they're afraid of Oswald for some reason

Maybe because he's eating them or he got a big c*ck!

are you implying that Oswald is a kiddy fiddler?

I was joking c'mon.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - Gilligan's Hell - 05-16-2013

(05-16-2013, 03:14 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote:
(05-16-2013, 03:04 PM)Psykljudet Wrote:
(05-16-2013, 02:44 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote:
(05-16-2013, 02:37 PM)Deep One Wrote:
(05-16-2013, 02:09 PM)ROMul8r Wrote: Good find, yet in the trailers they seem to be running from you (could be just FG making the trailer a little more spooky though). Any thoughts there?

Maybe they're afraid of Oswald for some reason

Maybe because he's eating them or he got a big c*ck!

are you implying that Oswald is a kiddy fiddler?

I was joking c'mon.

I guessed that, i have a friend that when you get into a conversation with, everything he says is disgusting, offensive or sexually explicit.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - Randomguy9900 - 05-16-2013

Listen guys, the game seems to be about Oswald taking kids from an orphanage and killing them, possibly using them as meat. I think the game is f&#ked up enough already. If they had something they had to cut from it, it was probably really over the top.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - bluel0bster - 05-16-2013

(05-16-2013, 02:01 PM)Paddy Wrote: In a recent interview Dan expanded a little bit more on the plot:

Quote:It’s hard to say too much without giving it all away. You are a rich Victorian industrialist at the turn of the new century, awaking from terrible nightmares and fever to find your children are missing. The game is essentially your search to find them. With Mandus, we’ve tried to create a really deep and rounded character, without the kind of black and white personality and morality you normally get in games. A character the player can identify with. I think that identification is really super important to a deep and nerve-shredding horror.

Am I late to the party or is the idea that you're searching for your missing kids a part of the plot previously unknown? It's entirely possible I just haven't been paying attention...

Wow, that's actually pretty big news on the game. It was heavily implied the plot had something to do with his children, but being the central goal we didn't know.

(05-16-2013, 03:49 PM)Randomguy9900 Wrote: Listen guys, the game seems to be about Oswald taking kids from an orphanage and killing them, possibly using them as meat. I think the game is f&#ked up enough already. If they had something they had to cut from it, it was probably really over the top.

Well we know that Oswald's children are missing now, imagine if they somehow got mixed up in the "batch," how horrible would that be...

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - Tiger - 05-16-2013

bluel0bster Wrote:
(05-16-2013, 03:49 PM)Randomguy9900 Wrote: Listen guys, the game seems to be about Oswald taking kids from an orphanage and killing them, possibly using them as meat. I think the game is f&#ked up enough already. If they had something they had to cut from it, it was probably really over the top.

Well we know that Oswald's children are missing now, imagine if they somehow got mixed up in the "batch," how horrible would that be...

Haha, holy shit that sounds fucking hilarious I can't stop laughing!

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - Jack O'Lantern - 05-17-2013

That's a GREAT interview.
I'm pretty sure the 'find your children' thing is new.

In regards to the cutting-stuff-out, I'm against gore and exploitation for pure shock value. But if they had a great idea that's really, truly twisted, and has real relevance and meaning to the game, but chose not to go ahead with it for fear of offending sensitive players... that sucks.

Though I doubt it.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - Traggey - 05-17-2013

CHrist sake guys, keep it to the topic! Don't want to have to close any more threads right now.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - Ghieri - 05-17-2013

I wonder if we're going to end up despising Oswald in the end...

"He WAS a kiddy fiddler!"

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - Macgyverthehero - 05-17-2013

(05-17-2013, 08:52 PM)Aldighieri Wrote: I wonder if we're going to end up despising Oswald in the end...

"He WAS a kiddy fiddler!"

Or maybe there will be multiple ways to end the game, so we don't have to despise him.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - fancreeper - 05-17-2013

Huh?If you go to http://thechineseroom.co.uk/ it still says that they are branding.I thought they would update the site after the Q&A?They apparently didn't ...