Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-50.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-51.html)
+--- Thread: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 (/thread-21385.html)

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Tesseract - 05-22-2013

(05-21-2013, 10:41 PM)Zgroktar Wrote: It's not all that bad like you try to make it. We did have Q&A with Dan, and it is much more interesting to read amusing tweets from Dan and Thomas than to read some boring classical update announcement, which usually tells us things we already can easily guess.

The Q&A with Dan was great - it answered some interesting questions and I appreciate Dan's time; however, the Q&A wasn't informative to the games current status - which wasn't the point of the Q&A - the point of the Q&A was asking The Chinese Room about their side of the development process and how they went about things.

I don't agree at all that the tweets between Dan and Thomas are more interesting than what you call 'some boring classical update announcement' Their announcements will give us the information we need. So far there's a lot of speculation and speculation doesn't always mean fact. I'd rather read up on something that has factual information by the developers about where their game stands at this point, like Ossie said: 'We still have no idea how far along the development process the game is' I'm pretty sure we're more curious about how the game is going than anything else..

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - AlexCarlson - 05-22-2013

Ermegurd I want this so badly. I haven't been so excited for a game since Super Mario Galaxy 2.

The images on aamfp.com - eskrow - 05-22-2013

Has anyone been following the images and text on http://aamfp.com/ ? They seem to update pretty regularly, but I haven't stopped in often enough to see at what interval. I know this is Off Topic but there doesn't seem to be an actual open form where we can talk about a machine for pigs?

Today's picture has a little dude in it, possibly slinging something over their shoulder? A shovel, or a flag? Any guesses? The person is no doubt inside "the machine"

RE: The images on aamfp.com - PutraenusAlivius - 05-22-2013

This is kind of old news. You can discuss it at this thread.

RE: The images on aamfp.com - eskrow - 05-22-2013

oh, yup, right where it belongs, in a random subform of a different computer game. silly me.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - eskrow - 05-22-2013

I too, am excited.

And I'm really hoping this isn't just a "big machine that turns humans into food" rehash, because that would be so disappointing.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Damascus Rose - 05-22-2013

(05-22-2013, 03:53 AM)eskrow Wrote: I too, am excited.

And I'm really hoping this isn't just a "big machine that turns humans into food" rehash, because that would be so disappointing.

This has already been confirmed by Dan. The entire point of this is game is to be just a "big machine that turns humans into food" rehash.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - bluel0bster - 05-22-2013

(05-22-2013, 03:53 AM)eskrow Wrote: I too, am excited.

Rehash? Of what?

It seems pretty heavily implied that that's the direction they're going with the "machine."

RE: The images on aamfp.com - Kman - 05-22-2013

um no it's in a subforum for amnesia the dark descent which is the game that aamfp is a sequel to and the thread he linked is a thread about aamfp

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - eskrow - 05-22-2013

(05-22-2013, 03:56 AM)Damascus Rose Wrote: This has already been confirmed by Dan. The entire point of this is game is to be just a "big machine that turns humans into food" rehash.
oh, phew, glad we got that out of the way.