Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-50.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-51.html)
+--- Thread: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 (/thread-21385.html)

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Tesseract - 05-22-2013

(05-22-2013, 09:51 AM)Funderbunk Wrote: I can't believe how many people here are actually getting angry about the lack of information. It's getting as whiny and entitled as a Half Life board.

Well personally angry isn't a word associated with the current feeling towards the lack of information, it's a little annoying more than infuriating and why shouldn't people say what they have to say? If you're not bothered by the lack of information that's fine but some of us are and it doesn't exactly mean that we're 'entitled' or 'whiny' because we're questioning where the game stands at this point. I'm looking forward to this game as much as anyone else and not hearing anything at all about it is kind of annoying.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Ossie - 05-22-2013

(05-22-2013, 12:26 PM)Delirium92 Wrote:
(05-22-2013, 09:51 AM)Funderbunk Wrote: I can't believe how many people here are actually getting angry about the lack of information. It's getting as whiny and entitled as a Half Life board.

Well personally angry isn't a word associated with the current feeling towards the lack of information, it's a little annoying more than infuriating and why shouldn't people say what they have to say? If you're not bothered by the lack of information that's fine but some of us are and it doesn't exactly mean that we're 'entitled' or 'whiny' because we're questioning where the game stands at this point. I'm looking forward to this game as much as anyone else and not hearing anything at all about it is kind of annoying.

Very well put. I was tempted to respond to the 'entitled' and 'whiny' accusations but couldn't think of a 'polite' way to respond. Smile

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Tesseract - 05-22-2013

(05-22-2013, 12:36 PM)Ossie Wrote:
(05-22-2013, 12:26 PM)Delirium92 Wrote:

Very well put. I was tempted to respond to the 'entitled' and 'whiny' accusations but couldn't think of a 'polite' way to respond. Smile

Cheers!
Finding a polite way to respond to some things on here is hard, I hate forums. :L I just hope that the developers will give us some new information about the game - it'd be nice to know how far it has come since early March.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Paddy™ - 05-22-2013

This shit gets recycled every week. It's seriously starting to piss me right the fuck off.

This is a discussion thread for AAMFP, so stop complaining when people ask questions about it. You're just as impatient and "whiny" as the people asking the questions if you're always here refreshing the page waiting to pounce on someone who asks for an update. You'd rather we all sat in silence until Frictional gave us something to talk about? Good, you first.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - bluel0bster - 05-22-2013

I'd question the loyalty of anybody who is content to sit back for months on end with no information whatsoever and be completely satisfied. If you're truly a fan of a game, you'd be on the edge of your seat day in and day out waiting for information.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - blueberry - 05-22-2013

I can assure some people off you are being brainwashed by this ''Release-Date-Of-An-Upcoming-Internet-Joke-Game, and that keeps dreaming about it being released or whatnot, why is it so hard to wait for a game to come out? I mean... come on it can't be that hard, you are all going nuts soon if it doesn't come out by Q2. If this happens that you all go freaked up by an game that you cant wait for, i might as well just stop taking my thoughts and time here on this thread full of hungry release date cannibals.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - fancreeper - 05-22-2013

(05-22-2013, 03:39 PM)bluel0bster Wrote: I'd question the loyalty of anybody who is content to sit back for months on end with no information whatsoever and be completely satisfied. If you're truly a fan of a game, you'd be on the edge of your seat day in and day out waiting for information.

I am on edge every hour!I was like that for 1 whole year!

I'm more curious about what on earth Frictional are up to rather than an exact release date. Message to Frictional: just keep us updated for crying out loud. Lack of information just adds to the annoyance and is seriously ticking off some of your potential customers. This isn't a 'whine', it's not 'entitlement', it's simply severe annoyance at your poor communication skills.

I've used this analogy before but I'll use it again: let's say you're stuck in a train in a long dark tunnel. You have no idea WHY you're stuck and none of the train staff can be arsed to tell you. Not knowing what is going on just adds to the irritation of those who are also stuck on the train. However, if a member of the train staff announces exactly what is going on and keeps the people updated every 15 minutes or so then it lessens the irritation considerably. It doesn't get you out of the tunnel any faster, but at least you know what on earth is happening and that lessens the stress and annoyance, it also makes you feel that the train company CARES.

Obviously Frictional really don't give a monkeys about us sitting here grinding our teeth. Come on guys, give us a progress update please, and keep on giving us progress updates on at least a weekly basis. No spoilers are expected or are necessary - I for one don't want any spoilers.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - ReadingNotAllowed - 05-22-2013

(05-22-2013, 04:06 PM)Ossie Wrote: I'm more curious about what on earth Frictional are up to rather than an exact release date. Message to Frictional: just keep us updated for f's sake. Lack of information just adds to the annoyance and is seriously ticking off some of your potential customers. This isn't a 'whine', it's not 'entitlement', it's simpl y severe annoyance at your poor communication skills.

I've used this analogy before but I'll use it again: let's say you're stuck in a train in a long dark tunnel. You have no idea WHY you're stuck and none of the train staff can be arsed to tell you. Not knowing what is going on just adds to the irritation of those who are also stuck on the train. However, if a member of the train staff announces exactly what is going on and keeps the people updated every 15 minutes or so then it lessens the irritation considerably. It doesn't get you out of the tunnel any faster, but at least you know what the hell is happening and that lessens the stress and annoyance, it also makes you feel that the train company CARES.

Obviously Frictional really don't give a stuff about us sitting here grinding our teeth. Come on guys, give us a progress update please, and keep on giving us progress updates on at least a weekly basis. No spoilers are expected or are necessary - I for one don't want any spoilers.

Yea because swearing at them, will totally help. Just relax and wait for the game Smile

Ooops, didn't mean to leave that in, thought I'd toned it down from my initial edit. Sorry about that, now edited. However, I'm sure the guys at Frictional can take it. Smile