Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-50.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-51.html)
+--- Thread: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 (/thread-21385.html)

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - maarten12100 - 05-22-2013

(05-22-2013, 08:50 PM)Rich Pyro Wrote: Here is an idea... if its so hard to wait for an game to come out, why not just make an CS out of it? I mean some of you people has to be good with making models and maps and so on, just redesign the lantern and create oswald's mansion thats all!
That is an insane amout of work especially if you want new models for all those things.
But if you got 500 hours of free time and are skilled you could give it I try I suppose.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - plutomaniac - 05-22-2013

(05-22-2013, 09:04 PM)bluel0bster Wrote: Couldn't disagree more. If you had actually read what I said, I specifically noted, "WE DO NOT WANT A RELEASE DATE. ALL WE WANT IS JUST A LITTLE COMMUNICATION ABOUT HOW THE GAME IS COMING ALONG."

It would take less than 5 minutes to throw out a quick tweet with what they up to concerning the game.

So if they tweeted: "Things are going fine, AAMFP will be released at some point" you would be fine. Is that it? Because I don't get this constant need for news. What else must be done? Share the story here and then play the game? Leave nothing to be discovered while playing?

(05-22-2013, 09:04 PM)bluel0bster Wrote: Consider other games, such as Shadow of the Eternals which is now on kickstarter. They've released tons of interviews and news on the game. They're even doing regular, hour-long podcasts explaining how progress is coming along.

Of course they do these things! It's a kickstarter!!! They need to attract people and get money to develop their game. This one is done and is just being polished. When you give money at a kickstarter you are actually investing on the game. But in order to invest, you must see results and fast progress, not promises. This has nothing to do with AAMFP.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Ossie - 05-22-2013

(05-22-2013, 10:30 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: Of course they do these things! It's a kickstarter!!! They need to attract people and get money to develop their game. This one is done and is just being polished. When you give money at a kickstarter you are actually investing on the game. But in order to invest, you must see results and fast progress, not promises. This has nothing to do with AAMFP.

Okay, how about this then - Terraria version 1.2 is is currently in development and the developer (Redigit) regularly updates people on the progress, what is being implemented, etc. And this is a FREE update to the existing game. It's not a Kickstarter. Yet he still keeps his customers in the loop and as a result generates interest, excitement and a general feeling of good will towards the dev. On the other hand Frictional's approach, going by this forum, is largely generating ill will towards them.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Statyk - 05-22-2013

(05-22-2013, 08:20 PM)Paddy Wrote: By the way mods, instead of wasting your precious time telling everyone to stop asking for status updates why not go do "hobby stuff" instead? Heart

I have, which is why I haven't been on too often recently. The reason why I came here saying this is because come on, what "news" would they have to say? Everyone here basically knows the plot and gist of AAMFP. If they release any further news, there'd be nothing unknown when you go to play it. It was beginning to look like you guys were going to break out the torches and pitchforks, so I said what I said.

Relax guys, really. When you think about it, there's nothing "new" for them to share without giving the game away. Be patient and pass the time with something. When they have something to say, they'll say it.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Nyarlathotep - 05-22-2013

(05-22-2013, 10:59 PM)Ossie Wrote: Okay, how about this then - Terraria version 1.2 is is currently in development and the developer (Redigit) regularly updates people on the progress, what is being implemented, etc. And this is a FREE update to the existing game. It's not a Kickstarter. Yet he still keeps his customers in the loop and as a result generates interest, excitement and a general feeling of good will towards the dev. On the other hand Frictional's approach, going by this forum, is largely generating ill will towards them.

Terarria is a multiplayer, sandbox creation game. Amnesia is a single player horror game with a focus on story and achieving an emotional response from the player. Hard to give frequent updates on a game like that without spoiling the experience.

They already gave us their expected time frame. That time frame hasn't passed yet. Any complaints beyond that are purely down to impatience.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Paddy™ - 05-22-2013

@Statyk: Most of us are more interested in a status update rather than more information about the game itself though. I agree with you guys that we don't really need to know anything else about the plot or game mechanics, I'm just itching to hear how far along FG are in the final polishing stages and how much work is left to be done, etc.

Like I said, I don't feel like FG are obliged to tell us any of that, and I certainly don't think "they don't respect me!" for remaining silent for 3 months, I'm just the clingy boyfriend type; I need attention or I start to think I'm fat.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Ossie - 05-23-2013

(05-22-2013, 11:38 PM)Nyarlathotep Wrote: Terarria is a multiplayer, sandbox creation game. Amnesia is a single player horror game with a focus on story and achieving an emotional response from the player. Hard to give frequent updates on a game like that without spoiling the experience.

Not at all - as anyone who has been reading this thread will know, I've been at paints to point out that storyline, screenshots etc are not required. All that's required is for a progress update - so what's being done now? Still polishing the story? Working on translations? Still voice recording (and if so, which languages are being supported)? Any more work on the music? Etc, etc, etc, etc, etc ...........

Quote:They already gave us their expected time frame. That time frame hasn't passed yet. Any complaints beyond that are purely down to impatience.

For some that's true. For me at least I just feel like we're not being kept in the loop. We have no 'right' to be kept in the loop of course other than WE are the core supporters of the game and Frictional's silence is creating a certain amount of ill will.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - plutomaniac - 05-23-2013

I agree with Statyk & Nyarlathotep. They covered me. This is single player, the story is what matters. An update saying that they are currently adding dirt to a toilet is not really needed. Either way, not everyone has the same policy/acts the same way when it comes to giving information before the game. So you just have to deal with it.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - sasaluvsamnesia7 - 05-23-2013

(05-22-2013, 09:41 AM)maarten12100 Wrote:
(05-22-2013, 09:28 AM)EnderShorts Wrote: The machine and the thing with the children seems very interesting, yes very, but am I the only one who's most excited about the antagonist? I mean we've got some hints that Oswald owns the machine. Some people even thinks that he feeds the machine with children, so Oswald seems pretty messed up himself. How could an antagonist hop in the picture? Maybe someone wants to steal the machine for his even sicker experiments, or Oswald accidently created a godzilla pig that eats the world.
Oswald is probably as we seen before the good guy that got into all this trouble in some wicked way.
Yet he should not be blamed for now we blame it on his expedition.

Never mind, I read it wrong.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - PutraenusAlivius - 05-23-2013

(05-23-2013, 12:12 AM)plutomaniac Wrote: I agree with Statyk & Nyarlathotep. They covered me. This is single player, the story is what matters. An update saying that they are currently adding dirt to a toilet is not really needed. Either way, not everyone has the same policy/acts the same way when it comes to giving information before the game. So you just have to deal with it.

Oh well. Time to play some TF2 then.