Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-50.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-51.html)
+--- Thread: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 (/thread-21385.html)

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Tesseract - 05-23-2013

I love how the moderators do their best to try and refute everything we make complaints about it's like: hey! You can't say that! They're Frictional Games and they made us moderators so you shouldn't make complaints; instead, you should kiss the arses of the developers - my reason as to why I hate forums. The point is, is that we want to know the games current position in the development process NOT THE DAMN RELEASE DATE, Frictional Games is awesome, the teasers on their website are fun, some of us have been given free copies of the game and that is great; however, we've learned more about the plot of the game than how much they have left to do on the game, I don't want to know the plot I want to experience that for myself.

I have no doubt in my mind that they're working hard but a bit of news to confirm that would be nice, Bluel0bster mentioned it before that there have been 5 blogs about development and narrative in the space of three months and only one update on their own game.

I do have hobbies of my own, I'm a session musician and an artist but when I come back here to see nothing has changed it's disappointing. I say I hate forums but this is so far the best one I have used, the only thing I hate is that people don't get to be true to themselves, you have to be a goody two shoes and blindly follow the example of everyone else in having no negative outlook on what is going on because because if you do that means you're evil. Now if this is like any other forum I'll see if my account gets terminated for speaking my mind.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - TiberiusBond - 05-23-2013

I'm still a firm believer in Paddy's theory that June 3rd is significant. He said it would be a release date-related occurrence, however, I feel it's like February 19th, anything could happen.

Release date announced, straight-up released (highly unlikely in marketing terms), new trailer, another poem and picture, development news, another delayed release announcement, website change, anything.

Not that it matters much to me, I can wait patiently for it without the slightest discomfort, I just would rather play it this summer while i have the time than during the time when I'm back at university where I doubt I'll succeed in immersing myself fully in the game.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - PutraenusAlivius - 05-23-2013

Thank god my vacation is until July.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Spaceman - 05-23-2013

I've just spent the day playing and practising new songs on the guitar and throwing a rugby ball around in the field outside, instead of sitting in here brooding over the game.

Seriously guys, you might be going stir crazy over the game but as soon as you start doing something you enjoy it'll float to the back of your mind Smile

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Macgyverthehero - 05-23-2013

I'm not sure what you guys are talking about but... I don't really care too much anymore about when the release date is revealed until I see it has been revealed. So I have been keeping busy by doing other things like playing games, movies, and enjoying life which in my opinion: makes time fly by quicker.

Change your focus and then come back later to see whats new.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - pinkribbonscars - 05-23-2013

Be patient guys, jeez lol o_O I'd rather them not reveal ANY information about the game, so it's completely spoiler free. I can see why people are getting frustrated over the lack of info regarding the release date, but cmon, relax.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - TiberiusBond - 05-23-2013

(05-23-2013, 02:34 AM)Macgyverthehero Wrote: I'm not sure what you guys are talking about but... I don't really care too much anymore about when the release date is revealed until I see it has been revealed. So I have been keeping busy by doing other things like playing games, movies, and enjoying life which in my opinion: makes time fly by quicker.

Change your focus and then come back later to see whats new.

Exactly my story, which is why I don't mind waiting. I usually just come to this forum everyday to see some pointless discussion going on and end up leaving it immediately, I just check it to see if anything new's come up, otherwise, I rarely think about AAMFP throughout the day, especially now that I have a job and I discovered Game of Thrones and it's summertime which means it's hard to resist the urge to go outside and enjoy the weather.

I don't really care when it comes out anymore, I can wait, I know I'll enjoy it when the time finally comes.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - bluel0bster - 05-23-2013

I'm not sure people are understanding what we're saying, so to sum up:

1. We are not, I repeat ARE NOT, asking for a release date
2. We are not asking for information about the game itself
3. We simply would like some sort of update about the status of where the game is IN DEVELOPMENT.

The game development cycle is a long and complicated one, there's a lot of things they haven't told us about where the game is in this cycle completely unrelated to the game itself (plot, etc) and release date. To illustrate, can anybody tell me what they're working on and what they have left? Have they finished bug testing, or started for that matter? Have they done QA testing? Have they finished mastering the soundtrack? Are they content with the structure of the game? That's what we'd like to know, just a simple update on how the development process is coming along. Something as simple as "75% finished with polishing" would more than suffice, and there's really no reason why they can't tell us.

Is it really so much to ask for a small update every now and again?

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Kein - 05-23-2013

(05-22-2013, 07:04 PM)bluel0bster Wrote: What annoys me most of all is that the devs seem to find time to write lengthy blog posts on other games (http://frictionalgames.blogspot.com/2013/05/thoughts-on-slender-arrival.html, [url]http://frictionalgames.blogspot.com/2013/04/thoughts-on-bioshock-infinite.html[/url]) which they obviously have spent a fair amount of time playing, but can't take 5 minutes out of their busy schedule to let us know how the game is coming along.

Sure, they don't OWE us anything per se, but this is a competitive market and they need our money. Other game devs have no problem giving tons of information to fans, that's what cultivates a strong community. FG literally hasn't told us anything in THREE MONTHS (officially), but in those three months have posted 5 (really) long posts on game development and narrative.

Is it so difficult for them just to say something on twitter along the lines of, "Hey guys, sorry you haven't heard from us, thanks for patiently waiting, we are currently working on blah, blah blah..."

5 minutes. Max. Just a little communication. That's all we need. We are not asking for the game to be released tomorrow. We are not asking for a release date. We just want to know what they're up to with the game, even if that means more delays. This silence is unjustifiable.

Is this guy serious.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - chineseroom - 05-23-2013

Hello, you lot. Right, listen up, this is coming from the team no longer working on the game. Yes, it's been quiet from FG. This is because they have their heads down, doing the very long, very intense, very hard and frankly, pretty boring task of hunting down and finding every potential little bug or thing that could be optimised in the game and as someone pointed out, there aren't very many of them doing it. So give them a break please.

Jens and I talk regularly, and the development reports when we check in, or I check SVN are things like "found a collision error in wall 16 in level 5, fixed" or "moved pathnode in area x in level y to give better cornering for AI" or "reduced x sound file by y amount to aid framerate reduction in area a" and so on. It's difficult stuff, because it's a hunt for small important things, not obvious stuff, a lot of code work, and a lot of coming in and out of the game. You need to put your head down and focus and concentrate and there's really nothing interesting to report apart from "still working hard, lots of little things, nothing exciting, we will let you know when we are done".

So cut them some slack, yeah? They're not ignoring you. There just isn't anything interesting to report.