Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-50.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-51.html)
+--- Thread: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 (/thread-21385.html)

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - AdamD - 05-28-2013

Why closing it? They may put something new in the page, or some new to comment...
Btw... I hope after this game I cannot eat ham or bacon anymore, or I'll get dissapointed xD

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - fancreeper - 05-28-2013

Let's vote.I say:"Close it!"

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - felixmole - 05-28-2013

Or, you might as well just ignore this topic...

By the way, during the QA session, Dan said his team probably wouldn't work on a sequel of AMFP. However I wonder if they plan on working on a DLC afterwards. As far as I'm concerned I'd be willing to pay for a DLC. Seems TCR and FG have a really tight schedule though Undecided

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - bluel0bster - 05-28-2013

(05-28-2013, 10:37 PM)felixmole Wrote: Or, you might as well just ignore this topic...

By the way, during the QA session, Dan said his team probably wouldn't work on a sequel of AMFP. However I wonder if they plan on working on a DLC afterwards. As far as I'm concerned I'd be willing to pay for a DLC. Seems TCR and FG have a really tight schedule though Undecided

I can almost guarantee they won't do DLC. FG and TCR are really original in their business practices, I can't imagine them jumping on the DLC bandwagon. Plus, they are both working on another game(s) already.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Paddy™ - 05-28-2013

They already "did" DLC with Justine.

I agree that it's probably more sensible to leave this thread open, if only to avoid the inevitable flood of individual threads which will be made by thoughtless noobs as a result. If the conversation becomes dreary it's easy to not visit the thread; all you have to do is not visit it.

The messages on the AAMFP website, new articles on gaming websites, new tweets from the devs, maybe even more Q&As, all of these things will provide us with stuff to talk about.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - bluel0bster - 05-28-2013

(05-28-2013, 11:02 PM)Paddy Wrote: They already "did" DLC with Justine.

I agree that it's probably more sensible to leave this thread open, if only to avoid the inevitable flood of individual threads which will be made by thoughtless noobs as a result. If the conversation becomes dreary it's easy to not visit the thread; all you have to do is not visit it.

The messages on the AAMFP website, new articles on gaming websites, new tweets from the devs, maybe even more Q&As, all of these things will provide us with stuff to talk about.

I meant typical DLC, Justine was almost an entirely separate, free minigame. Different enemies, different gameplay, different characters, different setting. The only that tied it to TDD was the engine and assets.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Ossie - 05-28-2013

(05-28-2013, 11:02 PM)Paddy Wrote: They already "did" DLC with Justine.

Exactly. Nail meet Head. Smile

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Kein - 05-28-2013

I, personally, was kinda joking, but honestly, I'm fine with whatever outcome. Though, yeah, it most likely will spawn lots of small threads that you would need to merge with this one, etc etc.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Paddy™ - 05-29-2013

(05-28-2013, 11:07 PM)bluel0bster Wrote: I meant typical DLC, Justine was almost an entirely separate, free minigame. Different enemies, different gameplay, different characters, different setting. The only that tied it to TDD was the engine and assets.

I hope my reply didn't sound like I was being a dick Wink

I think Justine was a fluke anyway, it was really only made possible (and desirable on the part of FG) because of the imminent release of Portal 2 and its turnip ARG.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - LordGubGub - 05-29-2013

Don't forget they also made the Penumbra: Requiem DLC for Penumbra: Black Plague. I don't think they will make DLC for AAMFP since both companies are so busy, but if they did it wouldn't be that strange.