Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-50.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-51.html)
+--- Thread: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 (/thread-21385.html)

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - plutomaniac - 06-06-2013

(06-06-2013, 01:30 AM)maarten12100 Wrote: The doctor cut out his brain with a saw again guys. Settings the SSAO to x128 is waste of resources anything above x16 is actually.

The maximum is 32, not 128. Just saying...

(06-06-2013, 02:45 AM)twinspectre Wrote: i have already finish amnesia : the dark descent on PC with minimum settings and it's sucks ''Graphic'' , so i would play on PS4 , dude be real the experience is the same on all platform you choise i'm a PC and Console gamer so i don't see which platform have better experience , you can have the same experience on console as on pc.

No xbox or play station. Maybe the HPL3 game.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - twinspectre - 06-06-2013

(06-06-2013, 02:46 AM)plutomaniac Wrote:
(06-06-2013, 01:30 AM)maarten12100 Wrote: The doctor cut out his brain with a saw again guys. Settings the SSAO to x128 is waste of resources anything above x16 is actually.

(06-06-2013, 02:45 AM)twinspectre Wrote: i have already finish amnesia : the dark descent on PC with minimum settings and it's sucks ''Graphic'' , so i would play on PS4 , dude be real the experience is the same on all platform you choise i'm a PC and Console gamer so i don't see which platform have better experience , you can have the same experience on console as on pc.

No xbox or play station. Maybe the HPL3 game.

sorry but what do you mean , i know HPL is the game engine

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Tesseract - 06-06-2013

(06-06-2013, 02:45 AM)twinspectre Wrote:
(06-06-2013, 02:37 AM)Delirium92 Wrote:
(06-06-2013, 02:11 AM)twinspectre Wrote: i would to see this amazing horror game on PS4 Sad

Just play it on PC, PC's will give you better experience than a console.

i have already finish amnesia : the dark descent on PC with minimum settings and it's sucks ''Graphic'' , so i would play on PS4 , dude be real the experience is the same on all platform you choise i'm a PC and Console gamer so i don't see which platform have better experience , you can have the same experience on console as on pc.

Then get a better PC, besides if you're worried about the graphics of the game you're missing the point. How are you supposed to enjoy the game when you're using a controller that has a couple of wiggle sticks to move around and perform multiple tasks? On top of that you have better control on a PC and you're closer to the screen; thus, you will have a better experience.

I should probably stop before this turns into an argument because I personally hate consoles.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Ashtoreth - 06-06-2013

(06-06-2013, 02:46 AM)plutomaniac Wrote:

Hmm, actually my Amnesia launcher shows 4, 8, 16, 32, 64 and 128 samples.
But I have the SSAO effect turned off because it decreases frame rate a lot (my graphics card is not very powerful).
Sorry for the OT, I'll go back to my cave now... Blush

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - twinspectre - 06-06-2013

(06-06-2013, 03:19 AM)Delirium92 Wrote:
(06-06-2013, 02:11 AM)twinspectre Wrote: i would to see this amazing horror game on PS4 Sad

i have already finish amnesia : the dark descent on PC with minimum settings and it's sucks ''Graphic'' , so i would play on PS4 , dude be real the experience is the same on all platform you choise i'm a PC and Console gamer so i don't see which platform have better experience , you can have the same experience on console as on pc.

Then get a better PC, besides if you're worried about the graphics of the game you're missing the point. How are you supposed to enjoy the game when you're using a controller that has a couple of wiggle sticks to move around and perform multiple tasks? On top of that you have better control on a PC and you're closer to the screen; thus, you will have a better experience.

I should probably stop before this turns into an argument because I personally hate consoles.

BIG ASS FACEPALM a guy who plays only on pc tell to a guy who plays on both platform which platforms has better experience. dude stop being ELITIST because that's doesnt make you cool....i love PC and CONSOLE i can't efford a big ass pc so i've already preorded the PS4 and i want this game on PS4 so , whats you problem i don't even talk with you i'm just asking directly to frictional game.....

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - PutraenusAlivius - 06-06-2013

(06-06-2013, 03:40 AM)twinspectre Wrote:
(06-06-2013, 03:19 AM)Delirium92 Wrote:

BIG ASS FACEPALM a guy who plays only on pc tell to a guy who plays on both platform which platforms has better experience. dude stop being ELITIST because that's doesnt make you cool....i love PC and CONSOLE i can't efford a big ass pc so i've already preorded the PS4 and i want this game on PS4 so , whats you problem i don't even talk with you i'm just asking directly to frictional game.....

Even if you want it on PS4, Amnesia have OpenGL. And PS4 doesn't support OpenGL nor does it support OpenCOLLADA. And how will you even play Custom Stories?

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Deep One - 06-06-2013

(06-05-2013, 11:46 PM)twinspectre Wrote: can we have also Amnesia for PS4???please it would be great and alot of my friends wants try this amazing game

Why your friends wouldn't play it on PC?

(06-06-2013, 03:40 AM)twinspectre Wrote: i love PC and CONSOLE i can't efford a big ass pc so i've already preorded the PS4 and i want this game on PS4 so , whats you problem i don't even talk with you i'm just asking directly to frictional game.....

If you used all your money to PS4 and now you can't upgrade your pc, blame yourself. Do you have any idea of how much time and money a PS4 port would require?

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Som1Lse - 06-06-2013

(06-06-2013, 04:56 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: Even if you want it on PS4, Amnesia have OpenGL. And PS4 doesn't support OpenGL nor does it support OpenCOLLADA.
And where does it say this? Honestly I haven't found anything online that specifically states that "PS4 won't support OpenGL".
I also have a hard time seeing why it wouldn't support OpenCOLLADA. To my understanding it simply parses XML files and uses the information in them to create the models for the game. That isn't really system dependant to my knowledge.

(06-06-2013, 04:56 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: And how will you even play Custom Stories?
I didn't play custom stories really on PC. I simply didn't find them as interesting as the actual game. I played a few, but in reality I would have enjoyed the game as much without them.
Also AAMFP won't have custom story support anyway so I don't see the point.

(06-06-2013, 06:13 AM)Deep One Wrote: Why your friends wouldn't play it on PC?
Likely because they are mostly console gamers. They might have an even worse PC than him, and thus prefer playing on console.

(06-06-2013, 03:40 AM)twinspectre Wrote: If you used all your money to PS4 and now you can't upgrade your pc, blame yourself. Do you have any idea of how much time and money a PS4 port would require?
That depends on the specifications. I haven't heard anything about whether or not OpenGL will support it. If it does, and there aren't any other problems (OSs being significantly different), then the only adaptation that would have to be made would be ensuring the controls work with the PS4 controller. Maybe a challenge, but certainly not impossible, especially seeing as Frictional Games themselves are looking into consoles for future releases.

Now whether or not they do port it is a different matter and I would suspect not. That doesn't mean that it isn't a possibility. It is however unlikely (as it does take time and effort to do so).

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Bucic - 06-06-2013

Will the Penumbra to Amnesia shadow rendering regression http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-21737.html be fixed in AAMFP?

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - ReadingNotAllowed - 06-06-2013

I am so used to pc gaming now, that it's impossible for me to play and enjoy console gaming as well as pc gaming. The only game I can actually play on console is fifa..