Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-50.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-51.html)
+--- Thread: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 (/thread-21385.html)

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - Kreekakon - 04-30-2013

(04-30-2013, 11:22 AM)AdamD Wrote: Lol, now everyone will be calculating what time is in their place when it´s 7 P.M. in GMT...

I think that's in the middle of the night for me...

Ah...might have to sit this one out Sad

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - Nice - 04-30-2013

i bet that 50% of questions are going to be asking for a release date, even though Dan made it perfectly clear that he won't answer those Big Grin

(04-30-2013, 12:31 PM)Dogfood Wrote: i bet that 50% of questions are going to be asking for a release date, even though Dan made it perfectly clear that he won't answer those Big Grin

Goddamn those people who waste ten seconds of our precious 30 minutes XD

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - AdamD - 04-30-2013

(04-30-2013, 12:15 PM)Kreekakon Wrote:
(04-30-2013, 11:22 AM)AdamD Wrote: Lol, now everyone will be calculating what time is in their place when it´s 7 P.M. in GMT...

I think that's in the middle of the night for me...

Ah...might have to sit this one out Sad

Haha, I am lucky! For me, it will be 6 P.M.

BTW, I think a good question could be about the inventory system, (how will we save objects, like oil or batteries), or how many kinds of monsters there will be (could this one be considered a spoiler?).

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - Nice - 04-30-2013

(04-30-2013, 12:44 PM)AdamD Wrote: how many kinds of monsters there will be (could this one be considered a spoiler?).

most likely yes.. Atleast for me

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - Ashtoreth - 04-30-2013

I'd say that, by now, almost everything that isn't considered spoiler has been said in interviews and articles.

I might be wrong, but most of Dan Pinchbeck's answers are most likely going to be: "I don’t want to give too much away."; "The rest you will have to wait and see."; "I couldn’t possibly say."; "That’s going to be down to Frictional."; etc.

In my opinion, it should be Thomas Grip, Jens Nilsson or someone else from Frictional Games doing the Q&A, because the ball is on their side now, really.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - WALP - 04-30-2013

Am I the only one who wants to know whether AAMFP will have a brand new menu or not? I mean its based on HPL2 so it was properly still running the current main menu system in the middle of the development, but the question is whether they actually bothered to redo it or if they just used a reskinned version of the old one like in justine or mods.

This might not be the biggest deal in the world but personally I like for menus and UI to be as different as possible to make it feel less like the previous game and more like a brand new one, it is afterall the one of the first things we will see of the game if not the first, and we can be sure to see it many times.

This is probably just me, but I was actually glad they kept the original menus in the Half 2 series throughout. I don't know. I think it's just that after a while of not having played a Half Life 2 game, and the next one comes out it makes me giddy to see that menu setup again with all the good old sounds, but it's much better because I know his is the menu to a new game in the series.

Again this is probably just me being irrational Tongue

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - TerrorLantern - 04-30-2013

Is there Oculus Rift support?

THIS!!!! WOULD BE Fing AMAZING!!!

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - Googolplex - 04-30-2013

The screenshots are good dark. I really enjoy horror games with dark environments. I want to use my lantern or flash light so walk around. And a dark locations automatically means better atmosphere and more horror. There will be also bright areas also, but I want more dark. Nice to see black darkness in the game! TCR did a good job!