Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-50.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-51.html)
+--- Thread: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 (/thread-21385.html)

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - PutraenusAlivius - 06-06-2013

(06-06-2013, 04:55 PM)twinspectre Wrote:
(06-06-2013, 04:50 PM)Robosprog Wrote:
(06-06-2013, 04:41 PM)twinspectre Wrote:
(06-06-2013, 04:27 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: Dude, there won't be xbox 360/One or PS3/PS4 releases for HPL2. Get over it...

i think they should do a porting Wink it would be Amazing

.. Um, no it wouldn't. The way that we interact with objects in the HPL2 engine would be awful on a controller, let alone considering the inventory system having to be completely reworked etc, and not many would get Amnesia on xbox regardless.

im not saying xbox , i want this game on PS4
did you know there's something called Move ?????

Um, immersion cannot be done in Platforms other than PC. This is because the Monitor is a bit low quality so no HD. Moving objects and walking and moving the view is hard to do. Not to mention the Inventory system.

Besides, a PS4 porting requires a lot of time, funding, not to mention whether Sony will allows it or makes it compatible. Also, we don't even know if FG wants to do it or not.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Ashtoreth - 06-06-2013

(06-06-2013, 11:37 AM)plutomaniac Wrote:
(06-06-2013, 03:20 AM)Ashtoreth Wrote: Hmm, actually my Amnesia launcher shows 4, 8, 16, 32, 64 and 128 samples.

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-8235.html

Oh thanks for the clarification Smile

I think that the way we physically interact with the objects and the environment in Amnesia wouldn't feel so natural on a PS controller. Things like grabbing and throwing stuff, turning wheels, pulling levers; using the mouse just seems more fitting, at least for me. But maybe that's because I don't have much experience in playing games on Playstation.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - plutomaniac - 06-06-2013

This is a discussion for another topic guys. We know that for now (HPL2) there won't be xbox,ps stuff. Let's get back on-topic now.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Yuhaney - 06-06-2013

Technically it's not impossibility anymore.
You could basically do new Amnesia for PS3 or X360 easily since Move and Kinect.

However, this would require more resources and new team members and push back the release even more.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - AdamD - 06-06-2013

(06-06-2013, 05:30 PM)Scraper Wrote: Technically it's not impossibility anymore.
You could basically do new Amnesia for PS3 or X360 easily since Move and Kinect.

However, this would require more resources and new team members and push back the release even more.

Maybe in some years, if they actually improve it. For now, move or kinect would be terrible for a game like Amnesia... you wouldn´t have so much freedom, it would be really desperating, I think...

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - skyhawk02 - 06-06-2013

I must be a genius since I figured out how to open doors and such with a gamepad:

hold right trigger(or any other button), pull back on joystick

sorry if I totally blew your mind with that

also, to pull down a lever, you hold right trigger, then pull back on the joystick
to twist a wheel, you hold right trigger, then make a circle with the joystick

obviously no console game has ever had an inventory so because of that it would be impossible to have The Dark Descent on consoles, but A Machine for Pigs doesn't have an inventory so that won't be a problem.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - serbusfish - 06-07-2013

(06-06-2013, 11:53 PM)skyhawk02 Wrote: I must be a genius since I figured out how to open doors and such with a gamepad:

hold right trigger(or any other button), pull back on joystick

sorry if I totally blew your mind with that

also, to pull down a lever, you hold right trigger, then pull back on the joystick
to twist a wheel, you hold right trigger, then make a circle with the joystick

obviously no console game has ever had an inventory so because of that it would be impossible to have The Dark Descent on consoles, but A Machine for Pigs doesn't have an inventory so that won't be a problem.

Not only does that not feel natural to do on a gamepad like it does with a mouse, but also if you were being chased for example and had to quickly open a door then spin round to shut it, a perhaps quickly pull a lever you would probably die or at least take damage as controllers arent accurate enough for quick precise actions.

If the game did release on consoles it would need dumbing down to cater to the slower controllers (monsters that arent as quick or give as much damage, etc)

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Spaceman - 06-07-2013

Guys I don't wanna impede a fruitless argument but your comments will be removed if you don't get them back on topic, go talk about the console porting somewhere else.

Also, I'm curious. If the CS support for AAMFP isn't there, does that mean that presumably all the objects etc would be used in the ATDD custom stories instead? So you'd have access to all materials from both games, but you'd have to boot up the CS In ATDD? Or would there be a separate way of running the CS?
That's worded really poorly but I'm struggling to verbalise my question.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - PutraenusAlivius - 06-07-2013

(06-07-2013, 02:59 AM)Spaceman Wrote: Guys I don't wanna impede a fruitless argument but your comments will be removed if you don't get them back on topic, go talk about the console porting somewhere else.

Also, I'm curious. If the CS support for AAMFP isn't there, does that mean that presumably all the objects etc would be used in the ATDD custom stories instead? So you'd have access to all materials from both games, but you'd have to boot up the CS In ATDD? Or would there be a separate way of running the CS?

Maybe if AAMFP didn't come with custom stories, you have to play them on ATDD since it's the same engine with minor tweaks.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Tesseract - 06-07-2013

(06-07-2013, 02:59 AM)Spaceman Wrote: Also, I'm curious. If the CS support for AAMFP isn't there, does that mean that presumably all the objects etc would be used in the ATDD custom stories instead? So you'd have access to all materials from both games, but you'd have to boot up the CS In ATDD? Or would there be a separate way of running the CS?

Well we would need HPL 2.5 I would assume because the new objects were made in 3DS MAX and HPL 2 does not like 3DS MAX imports: it over scales them, makes them invisible and other annoying things.

The new engine was designed to support MAX for the Chinese Room and I was really hoping to get my hands on it so I can create something that I have wanted to make for quite some time, I was so excited to see that they fixed the MAX problem, I really hope they release that editor.