Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-50.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-51.html)
+--- Thread: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 (/thread-21385.html)

RE: If you would be so kind. - FlawlessHappiness - 06-08-2013

Hello joe9mm. Welcome to the forum.

What is it exactly that you are searching for?

If I may take a guess, it is a wallpaper from the AAMFP website. But what exactly?

You need to be a little more clear Smile

RE: If you would be so kind. - Romulator - 06-08-2013

Could be a request for a wallpaper based on the current images there is on aamfp.com...

But of course, I could be wrong Smile

RE: If you would be so kind. - PutraenusAlivius - 06-08-2013

o hai
which one

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - bluel0bster - 06-08-2013

(06-07-2013, 11:34 PM)droog Wrote: Hey, just found this page:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/WMG/AmnesiaAMachineForPigs

What do you think of these ideas?

Well the first one is outright wrong. Dan said in an early interview with pc gamer, "We have an absolutely fantastic villain, too, that I’m really really pleased with and very proud of, who I think is maybe even deeper and more than Alexander was in Dark Descent." Should be pretty obvious we own't see Alexander this time around.

Honestly I'm tired of seeing theories about the machine being about extracting vitae and the presence of the shadow, these were central to the first game's plot, I don't see why it has to be exactly the same for this game as well. I just can't see the devs pulling something like that.

Also I really don't follow this guy's logic for seeing Mandus as a bad guy.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - The Raining Brains - 06-08-2013

I don't understand the obsession with Daniel and the resulting hope for him to return or be referenced in some way. People always cling to protagonists like that. I'm not sure why.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Paddy™ - 06-08-2013

Thomas & Dan have actually talked about this question before, it's discussed as one of the FAQs in the Info Portal:

Spoiler below!
Thomas Grip stated the following in an early interview about the game:

Thomas Grip Wrote:So it's set in the same universe but different characters, perhaps there's going to be a link or two, but not too much.

In a later interview Dan Pinchbeck elaborated more on this point:

Dan Pinchbeck Wrote:It’s set broadly in the same universe, but it’s not a direct sequel, these aren’t descendants of any of the characters. The underlying mythos of Amnesia is present, but making itself felt in another story, another time, another part of the world.

Again in October 2012 Dan was asked about the possibility of a connection between the plot of the original Amnesia and its sequel. He said:

Dan Pinchbeck Wrote:It’s set within the same universe, so there are references to things which happen in Dark Descent, and players who played Dark Descent might spot a continuation of the kind of ideas that were in the first game. But it’s completely unrelated, the central plotline of it. So, I guess you could say that quite a few of the Lego bricks are shared with Dark Descent, but we’re making very different things out of them. If that’s not too pompous a metaphor.

Same mythos, different cast of characters. The quotes above are from pretty early articles about the game so I'm not sure why the Danielphiles still think there's any ambiguity about it haha.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Ashtoreth - 06-12-2013

If only I had a laptop, I would definitely enter this competition Tongue

Spoiler below!
[Image: 2s91u6p.png]

Edit: I always forget the spoiler tag...

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - maarten12100 - 06-12-2013

(06-12-2013, 07:36 PM)Ashtoreth Wrote: If only I had a laptop, I would definitely enter this competition Tongue

Spoiler below!
[Image: 2s91u6p.png]

Edit: I always forget the spoiler tag...

Challenge accepted sadly they took down that old asylum/mental hospital which was just 10 miles from here.
But I guess I could go and play it in the dunes where they have various structures and woods (They probably won't let me win though if I go to such a Slender like enviroment)

In other new I switched to a UHD display and my Amnesia isn't booting @ native res so have some tinkering to do

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - LordGubGub - 06-12-2013

There's an old abandoned school house in the woods in my neighborhood. There are all kinds of satanic markings and drawings on the walls now, it's really creepy. There's also an old chapel and graveyard in the middle of the woods with tombstones from the 1800s. I don't know if I would ever film myself playing AMFP in those places, unless I might win the competition. lol

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Ashtoreth - 06-13-2013

I can almost see myself playing AAMFP at night, inside the mysterious Initiation Well... *shudders*

Spoiler below!
[Image: tumblr_mhb2tyMecW1reba1fo1_500.jpg]