Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-50.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-51.html)
+--- Thread: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 (/thread-21385.html)

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - blueberry - 06-16-2013

Did anyone make an replica of Oswald holding the lantern so we can replace the lantern thing in TDD? that would be neat Tongue i still hope it would happen someday tough if it does send me an download link.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Sarcophagus - 06-16-2013

so, now is Q3? no wonder

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Hardarm - 06-16-2013

(06-16-2013, 03:11 PM)emaper Wrote: "Cladem mortiferam infligere me, (or infligerme)."
Translated in Italian, (sorry I'm Italian xD): "mi venne inferta a me una perdita mortale, (micidiale)".
Translated in English: "I had inflicted a micidial loss". I dunno if this is grammatically correct.

By the way, Latin is pretty similar to Italian...

Yes but you can't say in italian: "mi venne inferta a me", but I guess that means what you mean ^^

and yep, another italian guy over here Big Grin

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - emaper - 06-16-2013

Quote:Yes but you can't say in italian: "mi venne inferta a me", but I guess that means what you mean ^^

and yep, another italian guy over here Big Grin

Errore di battitura... stavo pensando ad altro. Mi fa piacere sapere di non essere il solo italiano nel forum.
I miei quattro anni di Liceo Classico alla fine non servono a niente... ho fallito sia in Italiano che in Latino xD

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - WALP - 06-16-2013

(06-16-2013, 02:41 AM)bluel0bster Wrote: Trying to figure out the fourth line. First word sounds like "hundus" or "mundus," but neither of those are Latin words. Can clearly hear the "undus" part, but the very first consonant is a bit too distorted to hear.

Dont know if it fits into the context of the sentence, but it might be refering to the main character Oswald Mandus.
"undus" "andus" not that far apart is it?

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - bluel0bster - 06-16-2013

(06-16-2013, 03:44 PM)Spaceman Wrote: Been away for a little over a week, anything important that I missed? Big Grin

More than 2 screenshots, thechineseroom finally rebranded their website (thechineseroom.co.uk). Along with this, on the page for aamfp, is a new SS and also a song from the game (https://soundcloud.com/thechineseroom/mors-praematura). I'd say that's relatively important.

(06-16-2013, 08:56 PM)The Mug Wrote:
(06-16-2013, 02:41 AM)bluel0bster Wrote: Trying to figure out the fourth line. First word sounds like "hundus" or "mundus," but neither of those are Latin words. Can clearly hear the "undus" part, but the very first consonant is a bit too distorted to hear.

Dont know if it fits into the context of the sentence, but it might be refering to the main character Oswald Mandus.
"undus" "andus" not that far apart is it?

It's possible... as hard as the singer is to understand. But if you listen to it right at 0:35, the vest syllable is very soft, possibly even non-existant. Doesn't sound to me atleast like a hard 'M' at all.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Nyarlathotep - 06-17-2013

On a bit of a tangent. Just finally got to use the Oculus Rift for the first time yesterday and today. This thing is amazing, and definitely not just a gimmick. Would be amazing to play Amnesia with it.. Really hope to see some support for it eventually. Official or fan developed.

Among a few other games, played through Dear Esther using some unofficial driver. Just, incredible.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Paddy™ - 06-17-2013

Your post made me look up the OR on Wikipedia, and I noticed this:

Spoiler below!
[Image: xnjcq.png]
Planned AAMFP support? :\ No source listed, obviously. From what Thomas has said on the subject OR support ain't coming so I don't know why a Wikipedia editor has listed AAMFP support as "Planned".

Thomas or Jens, if your beautiful scentless Swedish asses are reading this, can you please put us out of our misery and tell is if the Oculus Rift will be supported by you guys for AAMFP? Smile

I'm fairly confident that the answer is "no" but it'd be good to have official word on the subject nonetheless.

EDIT: Imagine running around in AAMFP wearing the OR and using this:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1944625487/omni-move-naturally-in-your-favorite-game

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Nyarlathotep - 06-17-2013

Well I know from stalking Thomas' twitter that he's pretty skeptical of the rift, but says he wants to give it a shot at least. Hope he warms up to it. I was impressed.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - bluel0bster - 06-17-2013

I'm pretty sure somewhere than one of the devs confirmed aamfp would not use OR.

Maybe in the Q/A?