Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-50.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-51.html)
+--- Thread: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 (/thread-21385.html)

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Paddy™ - 06-17-2013

Thomas was asked via Twitter about adding support for the OR to the original Amnesia and he said it would be too difficult to make it work right, and it was therefore "highly unlikely" that they'd do it. He didn't directly mention AAMFP but I'd guess the same applies - same engine/gameplay, more or less.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Bonehead - 06-18-2013

I can't freaking wait for this game. More scares, better tools to work with, more environments, so much. Come on guys! Get crackin! I wanna give you my money!

(what little I have)

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - emaper - 06-18-2013

I had a dream last night. I dreamt that I was into the Amnesia world. I had to escape from the city where I was trapped, (London in 1899?), but something like a pig with human legs and hands started to chasing me... just a second later the dream finished. It was fuckin amazing! Scary as hell but... amazing! Here we go, guys... I'm goin' insane. Has come the moment to release it! Please :'(

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Tesseract - 06-18-2013

(06-18-2013, 01:08 PM)Bonehead Wrote: I can't freaking wait for this game. More scares, better tools to work with, more environments, so much. Come on guys! Get crackin! I wanna give you my money!

(what little I have)

If by tools you mean creating custom stories there's no support for custom stories for this game.
Which really disappoints me.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - PutraenusAlivius - 06-18-2013

(06-18-2013, 02:36 PM)Delirium92 Wrote:
(06-18-2013, 01:08 PM)Bonehead Wrote: I can't freaking wait for this game. More scares, better tools to work with, more environments, so much. Come on guys! Get crackin! I wanna give you my money!

(what little I have)

If by tools you mean creating custom stories there's no support for custom stories for this game.
Which really disappoints me.

Where did they mention this? I don't recall it.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Deep One - 06-18-2013

(06-18-2013, 02:47 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: Where did they mention this? I don't recall it.

Jens mentioned it a while ago

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-21385-post-236182.html#pid236182

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Potato - 06-18-2013

(06-18-2013, 02:33 PM)emaper Wrote: I had a dream last night. I dreamt that I was into the Amnesia world. I had to escape from the city where I was trapped, (London in 1899?), but something like a pig with human legs and hands started to chasing me... just a second later the dream finished. It was fuckin amazing! Scary as hell but... amazing! Here we go, guys... I'm goin' insane. Has come the moment to release it! Please :'(
I also had a AMFP related dream (thought this was months back). Needless to say, the anticipated pig monster wasn't as creative or menacing as the one you'd imagined in your dream.

They were two pigs hopping up and down next to each other. That was the monster. I'm not kidding.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - The Raining Brains - 06-18-2013

The monster in the teaser trailer appears to have brown skin. I wonder if these pig monsters might resemble warthogs with tusks and the like, as opposed to the more classic farmyard pig. I can't decide which would be more disturbing.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - fancreeper - 06-18-2013

Someone made ATDD compatable with Oculus Rift.I am pretty sure someone will make it for AAMFP too.
[Image: Ejnjikq.jpg]

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - emaper - 06-18-2013

(06-18-2013, 03:43 PM)Potato Wrote: I also had a AMFP related dream (thought this was months back). Needless to say, the anticipated pig monster wasn't as creative or menacing as the one you'd imagined in your dream.

They were two pigs hopping up and down next to each other. That was the monster. I'm not kidding.

A pig with horse legs, human feet, and a pair of hydraulics arms would be really scary for me. And what do you think of a dead butcher, in catatonic state, with sewn eyes, that chase us during the entire game? Uh... ignore this last part... I admit it... it's a bit strange, yeah Big Grin