Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-50.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-51.html)
+--- Thread: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 (/thread-21385.html)

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - blueberry - 06-24-2013

(06-24-2013, 01:30 PM)Sarcophagus Wrote: dude.. are you kiddin around?

after you finish aamfp what will you do? wait for the next game?

that's why we need custom stories

Well yeah if i finish the game i won't really care much about the next game, i will only keep playing either ATDD or AAMFP! Easy as heck mate!

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Tesseract - 06-24-2013

(06-24-2013, 01:05 PM)Rich Pyro Wrote:
(06-24-2013, 11:52 AM)fancreeper Wrote:
(06-24-2013, 11:31 AM)plutomaniac Wrote:
(06-24-2013, 10:16 AM)fancreeper Wrote: Jens is probbobly trolling.Making an Amnesia game without a cs support is like making COD game without multiplayer.

You are wrong. COD is made for multiplayer, that's their first and most important job with these series nowadays. Amnesia was made for single-player and the custom story ability was added in a hurry during the end of the development cycle right before release, according to Thomas.
Oh...I didn't know that,but still cs feature is a really imporant part of Amnesia.

Well as i see it CS are not an important part of Amnesia its the story itself, let's say like AAMFP would have some CS support, and would ruin the gameplay story of AAMFP as i see it so i think its better if there is no CS support, mate.

That's a ridiculous thing to say, how could CS support ruin the game? Besides, if you don't like custom stories then don't play them, some of us still enjoy playing them or creating them. Personally I don't play custom stories but I sure love using editors, on top of that I have been planning a project that I wanted to make in the new engine using my own content (model wise.)

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - CorinthianMerchant - 06-24-2013

Yes, because there are totally not any other good games out there worth your time.

(06-24-2013, 10:16 AM)fancreeper Wrote: Making an Amnesia game without a cs support is like making COD game without multiplayer.Also that is the reason why everybody still plays ATDD.

[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/BNsrK6P9QvI[/video]

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Spaceman - 06-24-2013

(06-24-2013, 03:03 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote:

Yes, because there are totally not any other good games out there worth your time.

(06-24-2013, 10:16 AM)fancreeper Wrote: Making an Amnesia game without a cs support is like making COD game without multiplayer.Also that is the reason why everybody still plays ATDD.

[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/BNsrK6P9QvI[/video]

Omg I can't breathe

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Tesseract - 06-24-2013

(06-24-2013, 03:03 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote: Yes, because there are totally not any other good games out there worth your time.

There may be some other good games out there - I haven't found any yet - but what's wrong with wanting CS support? Lots of people get a kick out of creating custom stories and playing them. If you prefer finding other games to play that's fine but not everyone feels the same way about it as you.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Draug - 06-24-2013

(06-24-2013, 03:27 PM)Delirium92 Wrote:
(06-24-2013, 03:03 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote: Yes, because there are totally not any other good games out there worth your time.

There may be some other good games out there - I haven't found any yet - but what's wrong with wanting CS support? Lots of people get a kick out of creating custom stories and playing them. If you prefer finding other games to play that's fine but not everyone feels the same way about it as you.

That's right, but in my opinion it's no scandal, that AAMFP hasn't got CS support. It was just an additional feature, which you get for free. FG never confirmed CS support for AAMFP, so I can't understand why some people say they will not buy the game, because this feature isnt implemented. But that's not my problem, they will miss one of the best horror games. Yes it's pity, that the people who liked to create and play custom stories can't use the AMFP sources.
But I can't understand someone who says, it's not worth buying without support.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Macgyverthehero - 06-24-2013

How did you guys magically relate Amnesia to Call of Duty?

EDIT: Nevermind, I think I scared off jens after I noticed him on the thread.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Paddy™ - 06-24-2013

Did we get any closer to translating Mors Praematura? LordGubGub, did your tutor get back to you yet?

(06-24-2013, 03:39 PM)droog Wrote:
(06-24-2013, 03:27 PM)Delirium92 Wrote:

That's right, but in my opinion it's no scandal, that AAMFP hasn't got CS support. It was just an additional feature, which you get for free. FG never confirmed CS support for AAMFP, so I can't understand why some people say they will not buy the game, because this feature isnt implemented. But that's not my problem, they will miss one of the best horror games. Yes it's pity, that the people who liked to create and play custom stories can't use the AMFP sources.
But I can't understand someone who says, it's not worth buying without support.

I too think it's pretty stupid to say that if there's no CS support there's no point in buying the game, when I buy a game I don't buy it for the editor like some people, I buy it for the experience.

When I saw that the AMFP engine supports 3DS MAX I became more excited because a custom story I have been planning for a long time could be possible to make because I use MAX, when I read Jens' comment my heart sank. I'd still buy the game regardless of this but I can't help but feel disappointed.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Gunslingerjh - 06-24-2013

You should be thankful they implemented CS in TDD in the first place! What other indie developers do that? I will be buying AAMFP definitely, regardless of CS integration or not.