Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-50.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-51.html)
+--- Thread: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 (/thread-21385.html)

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - ReadingNotAllowed - 06-24-2013

(06-24-2013, 04:18 PM)Rich Pyro Wrote:
(06-24-2013, 02:56 PM)Delirium92 Wrote:
(06-24-2013, 01:05 PM)Rich Pyro Wrote:
(06-24-2013, 11:52 AM)fancreeper Wrote:
(06-24-2013, 11:31 AM)plutomaniac Wrote: You are wrong. COD is made for multiplayer, that's their first and most important job with these series nowadays. Amnesia was made for single-player and the custom story ability was added in a hurry during the end of the development cycle right before release, according to Thomas.
Oh...I didn't know that,but still cs feature is a really imporant part of Amnesia.

Well as i see it CS are not an important part of Amnesia its the story itself, let's say like AAMFP would have some CS support, and would ruin the gameplay story of AAMFP as i see it so i think its better if there is no CS support, mate.

That's a ridiculous thing to say, how could CS support ruin the game? Besides, if you don't like custom stories then don't play them, some of us still enjoy playing them or creating them. Personally I don't play custom stories but I sure love using editors, on top of that I have been planning a project that I wanted to make in the new engine using my own content (model wise.)

I think FC and TCR is making us an favour of not adding an spoiled CS support i mean alright CS is something that is true but i disagree with you, why? I see no reason there to be an CS support to AAMFP i like CS but not in an London/Victorian time themed game and besides AAMFP is like an CS but is at least a lot better, and if you want to play some CS go to ATTD and do it then. Don't like it? Argue then with FC and TCR and not with me mate i just shared my thoughts on how bad looking AAMFP would look like with an CS support. (There is a reason for it and we all know that some fucking 8 year old kids would make Pewdiepie themed custom stories to ruin this game Ah-ah? think before you argue with me)

Well... Not every CS has an upgraded engine.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - blueberry - 06-24-2013

(06-24-2013, 07:52 PM)ReadingNotAllowed Wrote:
(06-24-2013, 01:05 PM)Rich Pyro Wrote:
(06-24-2013, 11:52 AM)fancreeper Wrote: Oh...I didn't know that,but still cs feature is a really imporant part of Amnesia.

Well as i see it CS are not an important part of Amnesia its the story itself, let's say like AAMFP would have some CS support, and would ruin the gameplay story of AAMFP as i see it so i think its better if there is no CS support, mate.

That's a ridiculous thing to say, how could CS support ruin the game? Besides, if you don't like custom stories then don't play them, some of us still enjoy playing them or creating them. Personally I don't play custom stories but I sure love using editors, on top of that I have been planning a project that I wanted to make in the new engine using my own content (model wise.)

I think FC and TCR is making us an favour of not adding an spoiled CS support i mean alright CS is something that is true but i disagree with you, why? I see no reason there to be an CS support to AAMFP i like CS but not in an London/Victorian time themed game and besides AAMFP is like an CS but is at least a lot better, and if you want to play some CS go to ATTD and do it then. Don't like it? Argue then with FC and TCR and not with me mate i just shared my thoughts on how bad looking AAMFP would look like with an CS support. (There is a reason for it and we all know that some fucking 8 year old kids would make Pewdiepie themed custom stories to ruin this game Ah-ah? think before you argue with me)

That is the point!

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Zgroktar - 06-24-2013

I would physically hurt anyone who claim that AAMFP is like a custom story.

(06-24-2013, 03:40 PM)Paddy Wrote: Did we get any closer to translating Mors Praematura? LordGubGub, did your tutor get back to you yet?

I'm seriously considering to pay some Latin professor who gives instructions to come to my home and try to translate Mors Praematura

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - ReadingNotAllowed - 06-24-2013

(06-24-2013, 07:56 PM)Rich Pyro Wrote:
(06-24-2013, 01:05 PM)Rich Pyro Wrote: Well as i see it CS are not an important part of Amnesia its the story itself, let's say like AAMFP would have some CS support, and would ruin the gameplay story of AAMFP as i see it so i think its better if there is no CS support, mate.

That is the point!

Dude. I think you misunderstood me.

(06-24-2013, 05:23 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote: I'm not talking about any specific user, I'm talking about this forum's whiny, entitled, embarrasing, unsatiable and most of all ungrateful attitude towards the devs.

"Why won't they give us information, why don't they give us any screenshots, why are the screenshots so bad give us a new trailer, ew why is the gamma bad, give us new info omfg how dare u delay it even though we want it to be absolutely perfect in every aspectgive us new info omfg y no cs support i hate you imma torrent your game change my diaper please!!!!!!1111one!"

I'm not saying that you should praise the devs unconditionally, but this has gone on for the entire development time.

Calm the fuck down.

Couldn't have said it better.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - blueberry - 06-24-2013

(06-24-2013, 08:26 PM)ReadingNotAllowed Wrote:
(06-24-2013, 07:56 PM)Rich Pyro Wrote:
(06-24-2013, 02:56 PM)Delirium92 Wrote: That's a ridiculous thing to say, how could CS support ruin the game? Besides, if you don't like custom stories then don't play them, some of us still enjoy playing them or creating them. Personally I don't play custom stories but I sure love using editors, on top of that I have been planning a project that I wanted to make in the new engine using my own content (model wise.)

That is the point!

Dude. I think you misunderstood me.

Actually i understood you clearly mate, Well not that you put an . instead of an , so... Derp.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Kein - 06-24-2013

I think this thread needs to be closed again.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - JawlessWarrior - 06-24-2013

(06-24-2013, 08:35 PM)Kein Wrote: I think this thread needs to be closed again.

Or at least delete the posts with name calling : /

I don't think anyone can deny that CS support was a major factor in the success of ATTD. I don't think people are upset entirely because there won't be CS support, but rather because it was such a huge part of ATTD and it was implemented in less than a day.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Gilligan's Hell - 06-24-2013

Then there's going to be a part 3 with more posts and the annoying cycle will just keep repeating...

(06-24-2013, 09:00 PM)Psykljudet Wrote:

Then there's going to be a part 3 with more posts and the annoying cycle will just keep repeating...

I'd like to see that maybe an reason for me to leave perhaps?

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Gilligan's Hell - 06-24-2013

One thing i would like to see in AAMFP is a menu like the one in TDD,

Possibly in an area of the machine