Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-50.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-51.html)
+--- Thread: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 (/thread-21385.html)

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - bluel0bster - 06-29-2013

For anybody who was trying to translate the Latin, I have a pretty significant update.

Funny story really, I was walking around campus yesterday, and I caught a glimpse of a statue with an all-too-familiar looking inscription in the wall behind it. I almost instantly recognized it as the elusive fourth line of mors praematura. The first part of the incsription read, "Mundus vult decipi" which I thought was way too similar to the fourth line some of us were trying to unravel. Turns out, it's another common Latin phrase meaning, "The world loves to be deceived," or "The world wants to be deceived" (can be translated slightly differently based on context.

I thought this was pretty interesting considering the implied duality of "pigs" in the game.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Zgroktar - 06-29-2013

(06-29-2013, 01:41 PM)bluel0bster Wrote: For anybody who was trying to translate the Latin, I have a pretty significant update.

Funny story really, I was walking around campus yesterday, and I caught a glimpse of a statue with an all-too-familiar looking inscription in the wall behind it. I almost instantly recognized it as the elusive fourth line of mors praematura. The first part of the incsription read, "Mundus vult decipi" which I thought was way too similar to the fourth line some of us were trying to unravel. Turns out, it's another common Latin phrase meaning, "The world loves to be deceived," or "The world wants to be deceived" (can be translated slightly differently based on context.

I thought this was pretty interesting considering the implied duality of "pigs" in the game.

Great work! I will post that on the Latin Forums, maybe this will inspire them.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - bluel0bster - 06-29-2013

(06-29-2013, 02:11 PM)Zgroktar Wrote: Great work! I will post that on the Latin Forums, maybe this will inspire them.

Yeah I was gonna post it on that forum as well, but for some reason I couldn't create an account.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Zgroktar - 06-29-2013

That is strange, I didn't have any problems.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - GrAVit - 06-29-2013

I think the game will receive some negative feedback for no custom story support.
The rest of the feedback is all about the quality of the game.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Sampyli - 06-29-2013

(06-29-2013, 04:27 AM)LordGubGub Wrote: I think AMFP will be about the swine flu

Haha, great idea.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - blueberry - 06-29-2013

(06-29-2013, 02:55 PM)GrAVit Wrote: I think the game will receive some negative feedback for no custom story support.
The rest of the feedback is all about the quality of the game.

Lol.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - felixmole - 06-29-2013

(06-29-2013, 02:55 PM)GrAVit Wrote: The rest of the feedback is all about the quality of the game.
ie. CS support is more important than the main game?

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Ashtoreth - 06-29-2013

(06-29-2013, 02:11 PM)Zgroktar Wrote:
(06-29-2013, 01:41 PM)bluel0bster Wrote: For anybody who was trying to translate the Latin, I have a pretty significant update.

Great work! I will post that on the Latin Forums, maybe this will inspire them.

Yesss, bluel0bster, that was an awesome find! Smile

Zgroktar, I posted a small correction on the Latin forums, let me know what you think.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - PutraenusAlivius - 06-29-2013

I translated the message that we have and got this.

Premature death
Inflict deadly side
Dwell father ___________
The world wants to be deceived
Remember the death, remember to die
death _________
habilitates ___________
Premature death, premature death

NOTE: I used GT (Google Translate) so the results might not be correct.