Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-50.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-51.html)
+--- Thread: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 (/thread-21385.html)

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - maarten12100 - 07-04-2013

(07-04-2013, 03:25 AM)bluel0bster Wrote: Could y'all please stop quoting ridiculously long quotes such short responses immediately afterwards? Everybody knows what you're referring to if you post something right after, don't always have to quote the entire conversation.
We've all seen the mods request not sure if you was refering to that post above it.
But just saying it without the quote would make it look like duh and would make me the victim of a dozen no shit Sherlock jokes.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Macgyverthehero - 07-04-2013

You guys are sure taking a long while to decipher those lyrics.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - willag - 07-04-2013

So, I was listening to the few lines of More Praematura that have been giving folks trouble and, having no background in Latin, they sounded like this:

Line 3:

Habitat patres ventre a ---- (the "a" at the end might just be a vocal inflection I'm hearing due to her singing)

Looking up ventre/venter brought me to this: http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/venter#Latin

venter (genitive ventris); m, third declension
  1. The belly, abdomen
  2. The stomach
  3. The womb
  4. An unborn offspring, especially son
  5. Sensual lust
  6. Gluttony
Google translates the following sentence as such:
Habitat patres ventre a = "live from the belly of the fathers"
Habitat patre ventre a = "father lives from womb"
Habitas patre ventre a = "live from the belly"

----

Line 7:

I am not hearing the "L" that others are hearing in the first word. Instead, it just sounds like she's stretching out the "i" while going up a few notes. I don't think that Habilitat is correct. Rather, she's just repeating part of the third line.

Habitat patres

So... take that as you will.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - AdamD - 07-04-2013

I think the lantern will be electric, so maybe there will be some kind of "checkpoints", as said, where you can electrically charge your lantern... I don't like the idea of endless light...
Interesting thing is, if you don't have any inventory, you can't know exactly how much will your lantern last... This could add some tension... imagine being in a really dark place, some monster near, and in that moment... pof, you're out of light... Then I'll fill it with my poop hahaha

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - emaper - 07-04-2013

(07-04-2013, 08:41 AM)AdamD Wrote: I think the lantern will be electric, so maybe there will be some kind of "checkpoints", as said, where you can electrically charge your lantern... I don't like the idea of endless light...
Interesting thing is, if you don't have any inventory, you can't know exactly how much will your lantern last... This could add some tension... imagine being in a really dark place, some monster near, and in that moment... pof, you're out of light... Then I'll fill it with my poop hahaha

Or probably we'll notice that the lantern is going to turn off when the light become dim...

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - pinkribbonscars - 07-04-2013

Maybe you have to shake it to make it brighter lol

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Ossie - 07-04-2013

You've been playing The Last Of Us haven't you ...............? Smile

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - i3670 - 07-04-2013

I had an idea about the lantern today. Probably more suitable for TDD. Anyway, the lantern and tinderboxes work together. So that every time you light the lantern you use a tinderbox, because you barely use the tinderboxes anyway.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - PutraenusAlivius - 07-04-2013

maybe the power supply would be batteries

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - maarten12100 - 07-04-2013

(07-04-2013, 03:15 PM)JAP the Birthday Boy Wrote: maybe the power supply would be batteries

batteries weren't further than half compiled redox reaction batteries. (large and not much energy stored)
We had batteries in penumbra so I really doubt it.

(07-04-2013, 05:38 AM)willag Wrote: [*]The womb

Habitat patre ventre a = "father lives from womb"

Giggety