Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-50.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-51.html)
+--- Thread: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 (/thread-21385.html)

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - plutomaniac - 05-01-2013

(05-01-2013, 06:16 PM)felixmole Wrote: Errm... Was the Q&A session scheduled for 6PM UTC or 7PM UTC?

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - Ossie - 05-01-2013

(05-01-2013, 06:23 PM)Randomguy9900 Wrote: I'd just like to know if they can confirm/debunk the Q3 release quarter or is it still Q2? It's alright if they can't but I think it's worth asking.

I agree. I'd make that the top question if at all possible as it's one of the most contentious.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - Kein - 05-01-2013

(05-01-2013, 01:08 PM)Kein Wrote: 1. PLEASE DO NOT DISCUSS ANSWERS DURING Q&A.
It will clog the Q&A flow and make it hard to read not just for newcomers but for game journalists as well. You can discuss all the answers later.

2. PLEASE REFRAIN FROM RE-ASKING THE SAME QUESTION MORE THAN TWICE.
Developers will dedicate time especially for this event and I doubt they will miss even a single question. If they didn't answer it - there must be a reason for that.

3. PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR RELEASE DATE DIRECTLY!!!
Because developers themselves asked to do not do so. TheChineseRoom does not know release date. Only Frictional Team knows it and they WON'T be answering questions during Q&A.

selfquote as a reminder

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - GOAT - 05-01-2013

1) How many types of enemies will we encounter? Are there any different formulas you guys plan to undertake to add a sense of desperation and eeriness when we are faced with the huge open areas aside from the usual closed area or underground/sewer/cellar, etc?

Maybe it is just my opinion but I find it hard to imagine an Amnesia game with a vast open area; it seems like a game catered more to the claustrophobic tunnels, and smaller areas within the confines of a large map. If you can answer this question I would really appreciate it I won't badger about a release date because I have too many Amnesia custom stories I would like to get through. If you have any custom stories you guys would recommend that would be awesome too Smile

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - felixmole - 05-01-2013

(05-01-2013, 06:27 PM)plutomaniac Wrote:
(05-01-2013, 06:16 PM)felixmole Wrote: Errm... Was the Q&A session scheduled for 6PM UTC or 7PM UTC?

Right... was a bit intrigued by the "in an hour and a bit" from Dan, which would be at 6.

(05-01-2013, 06:23 PM)Randomguy9900 Wrote: I'd just like to know if they can confirm/debunk the Q3 release quarter or is it still Q2? It's alright if they can't but I think it's worth asking.
I do not believe FG has any contractual obligations about the release date of AMFP vis-a-vis TCR, they may be as clueless as we are at the moment.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - Diz - 05-01-2013

I have a question ready. Are we permitted more than one question per member, or is it best if we stick to one question each?

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - Ashtoreth - 05-01-2013

@felixmole: Dan posted at 17:40, so he was right about the "in an hour and a bit". Don't forget we're on DST Smile

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - Deep One - 05-01-2013

[Image: 134021781483249.gif]

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - chineseroom - 05-01-2013

Evening piggies. You have my undivided attention for the next 30 minutes, apart from the odd coffee and/or throwing offal at passing old ladies... fire away

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2 - Diz - 05-01-2013

I loved the way music was handled in The Dark Descent to immerse and enhance the atmosphere and emotions from end to finish throughout the game. At the same time, some players complain that monster themes can give a sense of security and indicate with certainty whether one is around or not.

Will music play just as big a role in A Machine For Pigs, and if there are any monster themes, can we expect a general change of mechanics in how they operate with encounters and terrifying situations?