Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-50.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-51.html)
+--- Thread: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 (/thread-21385.html)

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Alex Ros - 07-11-2013

I do not think that thechineseroom even tried to convert horror franchise into something akin to art piece as Dear Esther. The agrument is that Dan, the leader of thechineseroom, is a fan great normal games with usual gameplay like Stalker for example. So I presume they've been thinking only in a direction of making horror game a lot more strictly horrifying and scary. As a result they cutted off most of survival gameplay elements in order to make player to be concentrated on the horror story, on lively characters, on mysterious events, on situations and environment, etc. Maybe I am completely wrong, I can't be sure after all, it's simply just a private opinion, but still it's an opinion what is that we're going to play and be immersed into.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Draug - 07-11-2013

(07-11-2013, 04:07 PM)The Raining Brains Wrote: So apparently this game began as something akin to Dear Esther but then grew into something more "Amnesia-esque".

I'm not sure I understand. I can't quite envision what kind of impact Dear Esther could have on an Amnesia game. Walking around with a first-person commentary?

I think we will see more details in AAMFP, which are hard to find but story relevant, like the placards you can see in the halloween teaser with the headline 'ban swine reek from out streets'. (Not the best example)

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - DavidS - 07-11-2013

Well, off-screen narration is not the only interesting thing about Dear Esther...it is also a form of observational passivenes if that makes sense...A lot of "I am here and I see this and let my fantasy fill out blanks".

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - The Raining Brains - 07-11-2013

Ah. I wonder if that means they'll also be completely scrapping the notes then to make way for more subtle environmental storytelling. I'm hoping they cut back on the flashbacks too...or at least integrate them a little a less intrusively.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Ghieri - 07-11-2013

Runescape has a possible AMFP Easter egg:

Spoiler below!

The inventor of bacon is trying to save the pig race from extinction so he built a pig machine that transforms pigs into useful followers(Useful pets). But he also has questionable behavior, such as giving the player a sample of bacon, then when asked what the bacon is made out of, he exclaims "Not People!" . Another one is when he asks the player to drug humans who are eating too much bacon, then asking the player to fetch onions. When the player returns, the humans are gone and Eli Bacon(That's his name) that he "took care of them" but doesn't mention how, then further mentions that he doesn't really need onions. He also later mentions using spare parts to upgrade the machine that people evidently "misplace" in his yard, such as "clothes, jewelry, and severed limbs".

Picture of machine:
[Image: MFP.jpg]

Anyways, I think it was a bit too much of a coincidence to just be an accident.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - maarten12100 - 07-11-2013

(07-11-2013, 06:42 PM)Aldighieri Wrote: Runescape has a possible AMFP Easter egg:

Spoiler below!

The inventor of bacon is trying to save the pig race from extinction so he built a pig machine that transforms pigs into useful followers(Useful pets). But he also has questionable behavior, such as giving the player a sample of bacon, then when asked what the bacon is made out of, he exclaims "Not People!" . Another one is when he asks the player to drug humans who are eating too much bacon, then asking the player to fetch onions. When the player returns, the humans are gone and Eli Bacon(That's his name) that he "took care of them" but doesn't mention how, then further mentions that he doesn't really need onions. He also later mentions using spare parts to upgrade the machine that people evidently "misplace" in his yard, such as "clothes, jewelry, and severed limbs".

Picture of machine:
[Image: MFP.jpg]

Anyways, I think it was a bit too much of a coincidence to just be an accident.
neat find

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - AlexCarlson - 07-12-2013

Is it confirmed if AAMFP will have the terror meter music when you're spotted by a monster or will there be something else?

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Ghieri - 07-12-2013

(07-12-2013, 11:01 PM)EnderShorts Wrote: Is it confirmed if AAMFP will have the terror meter music when you're spotted by a monster or will there be something else?

I don't think so. That's a little specific to reveal for a horror game.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - maarten12100 - 07-13-2013

(07-12-2013, 11:06 PM)Aldighieri Wrote:
(07-12-2013, 11:01 PM)EnderShorts Wrote: Is it confirmed if AAMFP will have the terror meter music when you're spotted by a monster or will there be something else?

I really hope there is no monster despawn like in Overture it would be so good.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Ghieri - 07-13-2013

(07-13-2013, 01:05 AM)maarten12100 Wrote:
(07-12-2013, 11:06 PM)Aldighieri Wrote:

I really hope there is no monster despawn like in Overture it would be so good.

wat

....fuck...

I thought it was just the dogs.