Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-50.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-51.html)
+--- Thread: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 (/thread-21385.html)

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Draug - 07-18-2013

(07-18-2013, 03:46 PM)Kotch Wrote: http://bafta.ticketsolve.com/shows/873500873/events?TSLVq=c597bd9f-8f69-494b-b4ed-a68f42fd4b6b&TSLVp=34e96319-9e94-479c-9931-969ab59a4e34&TSLVts=1374158584&TSLVc=ticketsolve&TSLVe=bafta&TSLVrt=Safetynet&TSLVh=c2276171d70b9db9c2b2d3a23e07a176

I don't know if anyone has seen this. Maybe this is when we will figure out the release date. Hopefully we will know it sooner than that though.

"Join Creative Director Dan Pinchbeck as he presents a talk about their latest projects, followed by a panel on indie games development featuring The Chinese Room’s lead designer Andrew Crawshaw and lead programmer Stuart Yarham."

I don't think that we will get the release date there, because thechineseroom said already, that's up to frictional.
But I'm optimistic and my guess is, that we will get the date before the 3. September... xD

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - demon5026 - 07-18-2013

(07-18-2013, 12:07 PM)Paddy Wrote: I see Toby Longworth (who plays Mandus) is also working on the new Broken Sword!

Long time lurker, had to sign up to clarify this as it is quite a big deal for me.

Hearing the dialog at the end of the Halloween Trailer, I thought Mandus would be played by the amazing voice of Dear Esther (Nigel Carrington). Unless the conversation was through letters, and not actually in person, each reading out loud the letters they received (which is highly unlikely considering the intonation), it doesn't really make any sense.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - emaper - 07-18-2013

(07-18-2013, 02:17 PM)NanaPharcyde Wrote: YES! Smile

https://twitter.com/NanaPharcyde/status/357650842138062849

Also, feel free to follow me.
Might give you guys my SoundCloud page as well actually! Tongue

So probably, next week, in addition to the lyrics, we could have a release date. Also, the OST just came back from mastering... I think that all is ready!

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Darkluminoo - 07-18-2013

I REALLY want to see what the monsters will look like

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Paddy™ - 07-18-2013

(07-18-2013, 04:27 PM)demon5026 Wrote: Long time lurker, had to sign up to clarify this as it is quite a big deal for me.

Hearing the dialog at the end of the Halloween Trailer, I thought Mandus would be played by the amazing voice of Dear Esther (Nigel Carrington). Unless the conversation was through letters, and not actually in person, each reading out loud the letters they received (which is highly unlikely considering the intonation), it doesn't really make any sense.

Hey man, welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately Nigel Carrington isn't in A Machine For Pigs. The voices you hear in the trailer are Toby Longworth speaking to Mark Roper.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - TwiK999 - 07-18-2013

(07-18-2013, 04:49 PM)Darkluminoo Wrote: I REALLY want to see what the monsters will look like
Me too! I guess we will have to wait, probably better that way anyway.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - silfrus - 07-18-2013

much delay already I has me on the verge of an anxiety attack. What is it how much you improve the game? Why FG can't give us a release date? people will get bored waiting so long. almost a year since the first delay (October 2012) Sad

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Darkluminoo - 07-19-2013

A new trailer would be great

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - maarten12100 - 07-19-2013

(07-19-2013, 12:06 AM)Darkluminoo Wrote: A new trailer would be great
I guess they go straight to release no demo they have enough confidence in it I guess.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2 - Paddy™ - 07-19-2013

If I'm interpreting FG's words correctly the absolute latest we have to wait (assuming all goes according to plan) is early September. Hopefully it won't take quite as long as that, but that's the current release window.

A trailer takes a lot of time and resources, and frankly I couldn't care less about another trailer at this late stage if it means delaying the game for even one more day than would otherwise be necessary. They're in the final stretch now, from their most recent update it's clear that the game is largely done and it's just a matter of porting it, translating it and sorting out distribution. It's so close I can almost smell the freshly-shorn crackling...